*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Buying any sled is probably not a good financial decision. But sometimes you just gotta treat yourself with something nice. Fuck it.

:bc: 

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Basically. If you are in this sport and trying to save money you should find another hobby. Buy what you like and ride the shit out of it. i would like to see a survey of men on their death bed wishing they never bought that new sled. 

Yep and that's the reason why, gotta have some fun while you're still vertical.

35 minutes ago, Anler said:

Basically. If you are in this sport and trying to save money you should find another hobby. Buy what you like and ride the shit out of it. i would like to see a survey of men on their death bed wishing they never bought that new sled. 

A friend of ours has been on and had sleds from a young age. He has brain cancer and has a limited time ahead of him and probably bought his last new sled. He knows the end is near but he's not gonna just sit around. He's been getting out with his brother and friends and trying to make the most of it while he can

• Like 5

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A friend of ours has been on and had sleds from a young age. He has brain cancer and has a limited time ahead of him and probably bought his last new sled. He knows the end is near but he's not gonna just sit around. He's been getting out with his brother and friends and trying to make the most of it while he can

That's the way to do it  :bc: 

46 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Quite a few there at the Hideaway  :bc: 

Gotta be 15 years since I’ve been there. Every time I went I saw my buddy Dan from HS. He’s probably still sitting at the bar. :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Gotta be 15 years since I’ve been there. Every time I went I saw my buddy Dan from HS. He’s probably still sitting at the bar. :lol: 

That place is always busy. I used to have friends with a cottage not far away....

Catgirl Tammy had one near there  as well...

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well fuck have you ever seen a guy get so upset because somebody wants to buy a new sled? :roflcrying:

I wasn't talking to you, so shut the fuck up you fat pathetic pile of shit.  Go die in a fire 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Sleds are a shit investment.

Do you enjoy it?

Do you want a new one?

Will it put you in a financial bind?

FUCK IT! BUY THE SLED!!!

This.  Ideally you try and buy them right.  But still.

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

God bless him, I’ d probably be doing that or pulling the trigger on a few things that I have been putting off into the future as well. :bc: 

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

That place is always busy. I used to have friends with a cottage not far away....

Catgirl Tammy had one near there  as well...

Mmmmmm.  Catgirl Tammy.  Always liked her attitude.  Where has that old gal gone to?  

Edited by DriftBusta

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

a grand at best and then your waiting 10 months for it

That's $13,700 PLUS 6% sales tax +$822=  $14,522.   I was quoted $14,051 OTD for a '20 Renegade XRS 850.   Thats is just an X.   So I'm right and it's way more than just "a grand at best" more than what that sled was snow check   

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Do you have to pay sales tax on a used sled purchase in Michigan?

Yes. I buy them in Mi,reg them in IL, then reg them in Mi. I pay zero in taxes. Michigan is more corrupt than Ilanoid,true story.