*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

17 hours ago, Anler said:

Depending on where we went we rode on 4"-8" of fresh snow yesterday. We cut first tracks in a lot of areas. The snow dust was horrendous! :lol:

Sal Rosenberg went home early cuz he’s working today and We only went about 110 but found a foot plus of fresh NE of town.  90% untracked.  Awesome day other than the frostbite on my cheek from wearing my FXR helmet cuz I misplaced my Oxygen helmet cord.

9FA5E94D-7799-4E2C-A4D3-C0B9F804CFE2.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We put 100 miles on yesterday and the worst ride fkn ever. There were only 4 sleds and the guy leading takes a narrow trail that nobody had been on. We barely made it thru a water/mudhole almost 30ft long 2ft deep after the ice got broke open. After that it was 3 more small water spots. The fkn goof said it was groomed the day before. I called him a fkn idiot and spent a couple hours in the garage trying to de-ice and clean the mud off

Not fun. No water holes up here on any of the trails marked open. Found some small creeks on a couple short cut trails I take but nothing serious luckily. 

Just now, Reevester said:

Not fun. No water holes up here on any of the trails marked open. Found some small creeks on a couple short cut trails I take but nothing serious luckily. 

As good of a storm we got here in Maine, we really need another melt then another storm so the light fluffy stuff settles and hardens, and another foot comes down. It snows almost constantly up in the hills so we should be good in a couple weeks.  Saw a big ass Moose too yesterday.  He was gone before I could get the phone out.  Around 900 ish miles so far this season.  Could be worse, one of our riding buds spent 40 hrs in the woods and had to get rescued because they got their Timbersleds buried in a ravine.  Hard pass on that experience.

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

As good of a storm we got here in Maine, we really need another melt then another storm so the light fluffy stuff settles and hardens, and another foot comes down. It snows almost constantly up in the hills so we should be good in a couple weeks.  Saw a big ass Moose too yesterday.  He was gone before I could get the phone out.  Around 900 ish miles so far this season.  Could be worse, one of our riding buds spent 40 hrs in the woods and had to get rescued because they got their Timbersleds buried in a ravine.  Hard pass on that experience.

The snowfall then melts here have made a perfect base and any snow that comes now will only add to it. I'm at like 930 for the season. Relaxing next weekend then the first weekend/week of February we have a 1200 mile bagger planned out. 

I read and saw pics and wondered if you guys knew them. Then I read your bro's post this morning. Crazy shit and glad they are all ok. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Reevester said:

We've gone thru small creeks over the years but nothing like that one. We ride where we were all the time but have never gone thru that little trail. At least I know I can go play in there in the spring with the sxs if I want mud

16 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We've gone thru small creeks over the years but nothing like that one. We ride where we were all the time but have never gone thru that little trail. At least I know I can go play in there in the spring with the sxs if I want mud

Yep fuck mud on a sled. I can handle a bit of water and slush. 

Just now, smokin george said:

I got most of it off. I'm going out with a buddy at 10am for a ride and if we end up in a town that has a carwash I'll power wash the tunnel

She's a bit chilly. I'm waiting to load the sled and truck till it warms up a bit. Beautiful brisk day. 

Looks like a beautiful day here with mid teens this afternoon.  I heard local club cleaned up my trails last night after a weekend of brutal pounding.  I’m sore as fuck from yesterday but, if it’s groomed, might put my sway bar back on and go take a nice Monday spin on it.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

were those the guys up in the chic chocs?  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Did you head towards puttston farm at all? If so, how was it. Hoping to get to Caribooboo for the weekend.

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Did you head towards puttston farm at all? If so, how was it. Hoping to get to Caribooboo for the weekend.

Yeah had lunch there yesterday.  Road all over north and west of there.

6 hours ago, smokin george said:

We put 100 miles on yesterday and the worst ride fkn ever. There were only 4 sleds and the guy leading takes a narrow trail that nobody had been on. We barely made it thru a water/mudhole almost 30ft long 2ft deep after the ice got broke open. After that it was 3 more small water spots. The fkn goof said it was groomed the day before. I called him a fkn idiot and spent a couple hours in the garage trying to de-ice and clean the mud off

That would piss me off on any sled I owned let alone a brand new one! Glad you told him off. He was clearly bullshitting you guys or made a very bad mistake thinking that was the trail that he thought was groomed previously. 

Edited by irv

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I posted a pic of my wife and the sleds :lol: all you post is your gay fantasies for all to see. Jesus 

Ur the analglide for Polaris550 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Well these conditions suck ass.

3D2451B8-7B73-41BF-8A80-C30B2EBECA6E.jpeg

Just stay on that flipper!  :lmao:

Trails are smoooooth today after local club ran them last night.  This is the kind of stuff that would make it fun to slide around on a “sit-downer”.  It’s fun to ride with a sway bar again!

56A2875A-43BD-4A65-A5B4-90CBAB3F4380.jpeg

Sadly, I’ve decided against being a bit better dressed.  I also just noticed I’ve got a hole in the crotch of my track pants!  Wtf?  Thank god for my pit coat! LOL!
2C3748E0-A83A-47CE-8563-66E79CE090DB.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

That would piss me off on any sled I owned let alone a brand new one! Glad you told him off. He was clearly bullshitting you guys or made a very bad mistake thinking that was the trail that he thought was groomed previously. 

A buddy and I made up for it today. The trails were smoooooth,rode up to Haliburton for lunch,over to Minden then tried a secondary trail back to Haliburton but got turned around by a big water hole. I saved a lot of money by not having to go to a gym lol. I think I used every muscle handling the big couch lol. 

• Like 1