*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

We finally have a decent amount of local snow but we are currently experiencing -22°f/-30°c as the regular temp. A little nippy for my liking lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Missed you yesterday Zammy!  @Zambroski 

950 miles for the season.

7jeMFH0E_U_E7t3y5WPYsABWriOvkt1BTr9V-8StIVG_0yKzLef8kOfzQS-QgdszlIC8qcTFRjLup3BxQRL7AhNvRqqb83EMGtT6Ua0e9Xvro3duTPBpNACEdgNgcfl8lqU8sEy8ybdlZRIPDVkxf32iSLs0ypMUR85ync_cpABX-rlx6fpQMQ-WoIjjmJTnr-h-oGZHNvShNr_GxHa0AaGroZhUL8L2DyxY2XmfduLdUSQUfyZAzpgVaSwKGz46hlPplg12bhiQA-9V-Ob9PyvYKr-ZnC7pPrr-H3VznmuCQyl1Xq2pPMrpJKyNdzApXue3Ut9qOFgOJiYHRqdsM84IOWi4p6770UJs5oynPPpUX8CbAdIbXjgr4rTyH4NUYxGhj7C5fRviyjmGq486PYqdEXMssrWqAwgFOclXXFWL6KR6ZZoMgocECPplc-h0KQJD458jXyHUzzi6z68vYY92JNJDQ_1lmxM7Z5n8VdTF8tozvRhx_XpgvlpNIw4oQwGDQqgAINP0sWDu8hJBiSUCXpytZD_AkZcehcSPat3TkjDMVCdyzMd1-LD2jdISftS88hRapjUXBwiLQUE0qlSwmHdpAvRhTaq7oYR84eBSL-N_zsx6kmE6PL79EwfXUSrpLTp3VVAmVnTiP_yIfPpjw6GbzKSWkfWAo3cdE3EuGbdtv7tAT2Y=w1410-h1057-no

Yeah, I’ll get a “Brisker” in this year yet.  Read about the mishaps on HCS.  The pic with the crashed sled and broken wrist was funny as hell.  Glad he’s ok....and taking it well.  Who’s the guy that bounced off the tree and had to be pulled out?  :lol:

Did you run from TH to Pequayann Inn yesterday?

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ll get a “Brisker” in this year yet.  Read about the mishaps on HCS.  The pic with the crashed sled and broken wrist was funny as hell.  Glad he’s ok....and taking it well.  Who’s the guy that bounced off the tree and had to be pulled out?  :lol:

Link? 

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good, we will put you in the back on clean up duty!  We know how you like to deal with inexperienced riders and poorly maintained equipment.

New guy "Carl" didn't make a couple corners but parked it where there was no harm done, just had to dig it out, no biggie.  He eventually realized the pace wasn't something he needed to try to match, just ride his own ride and all was good.  The guy was a hoot though.  His buddy ffej pulled the broken sled out.

Good group of guys though.  I'm glad they do a few of these to let some new guys in on the fun and show them around.  Sure helped me out last year.

Left from the Two Harbors lot, up the Yukon, Brimson over to the Pequaywan, and then back to the NSST up to Two Harbors.  Slow ride, pretty pathetic actually.  Didn't get my legs under me until about 50 miles in.  By then I was getting low on gas and it was getting late, time to head home.

43 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Link? 

Took half a dozen of us to get it pulled out of the woods.  

I was the first sled behind him.  Blew right by him.  All I saw was some plastic parts by the side of the trail and thought it looked like a sled in the woods.  He was so far in the woods and all black it was tough to see him.  Didn't see any sled if front of me and no snow dust so I stopped.  Parked my sled on the side of the trail and put my orange helmet on the inside of the corner ahead of us.  Last thing I wanted was another sled piling into a bunch of us on the side of the trail.  Had another guy put his sled and orange helmet on the trail for sleds coming the other way.

Good thing is the trail was hard enough that we just pulled it out on one ski.  I carried the ski, spindle, a-arm, shock shaft assembly on my sled to the closest road.

The snow dust was so bad I dropped back in the pack right before this.  People on my ass even though you couldn't see anything.  No biggie, I knew where I was going and can ride my own ride.  Few miles later one was is in the trees and I wasn't surprised...

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/288-minnesota/1863978-first-brisk-paced-hcs-ride-january-11th-5.html

attachment.php?attachmentid=2070742&d=1578879473

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Good, we will put you in the back on clean up duty!  We know how you like to deal with inexperienced riders and poorly maintained equipment.

New guy "Carl" didn't make a couple corners but parked it where there was no harm done, just had to dig it out, no biggie.  He eventually realized the pace wasn't something he needed to try to match, just ride his own ride and all was good.  The guy was a hoot though.  His buddy ffej pulled the broken sled out.

Good group of guys though.  I'm glad they do a few of these to let some new guys in on the fun and show them around.  Sure helped me out last year.

Left from the Two Harbors lot, up the Yukon, Brimson over to the Pequaywan, and then back to the NSST up to Two Harbors.  Slow ride, pretty pathetic actually.  Didn't get my legs under me until about 50 miles in.  By then I was getting low on gas and it was getting late, time to head home.

Yeah, it's always funny to see how people react to the pace of things.  It's not racing speed but, it's clearly and quickly shows who likes to "giv'r" and who doesn't.

I was just looking at that pick of the explosion you sent me.  WHOOOPS!  :lol: Glad nobody was seriously hurt.

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Missed you yesterday Zammy!  @Zambroski 

950 miles for the season.

7jeMFH0E_U_E7t3y5WPYsABWriOvkt1BTr9V-8StIVG_0yKzLef8kOfzQS-QgdszlIC8qcTFRjLup3BxQRL7AhNvRqqb83EMGtT6Ua0e9Xvro3duTPBpNACEdgNgcfl8lqU8sEy8ybdlZRIPDVkxf32iSLs0ypMUR85ync_cpABX-rlx6fpQMQ-WoIjjmJTnr-h-oGZHNvShNr_GxHa0AaGroZhUL8L2DyxY2XmfduLdUSQUfyZAzpgVaSwKGz46hlPplg12bhiQA-9V-Ob9PyvYKr-ZnC7pPrr-H3VznmuCQyl1Xq2pPMrpJKyNdzApXue3Ut9qOFgOJiYHRqdsM84IOWi4p6770UJs5oynPPpUX8CbAdIbXjgr4rTyH4NUYxGhj7C5fRviyjmGq486PYqdEXMssrWqAwgFOclXXFWL6KR6ZZoMgocECPplc-h0KQJD458jXyHUzzi6z68vYY92JNJDQ_1lmxM7Z5n8VdTF8tozvRhx_XpgvlpNIw4oQwGDQqgAINP0sWDu8hJBiSUCXpytZD_AkZcehcSPat3TkjDMVCdyzMd1-LD2jdISftS88hRapjUXBwiLQUE0qlSwmHdpAvRhTaq7oYR84eBSL-N_zsx6kmE6PL79EwfXUSrpLTp3VVAmVnTiP_yIfPpjw6GbzKSWkfWAo3cdE3EuGbdtv7tAT2Y=w1410-h1057-no

About 600 here, really light for us, but conditions havent been great.

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I was the first sled behind him.  Blew right by him.  All I saw was some plastic parts by the side of the trail and thought it looked like a sled in the woods.  He was so far in the woods and all black it was tough to see him.  Didn't see any sled if front of me and no snow dust so I stopped.  Parked my sled on the side of the trail and put my orange helmet on the inside of the corner ahead of us.  Last thing I wanted was another sled piling into a bunch of us on the side of the trail.  Had another guy put his sled and orange helmet on the trail for sleds coming the other way.

Good thing is the trail was hard enough that we just pulled it out on one ski.  I carried the ski, spindle, a-arm, shock shaft assembly on my sled to the closest road.

The snow dust was so bad I dropped back in the pack right before this.  People on my ass even though you couldn't see anything.  No biggie, I knew where I was going and can ride my own ride.  Few miles later one was is in the trees and I wasn't surprised...

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/288-minnesota/1863978-first-brisk-paced-hcs-ride-january-11th-5.html

My nephew has that same exact sled. I’ll be surprised if it doesnt look like that one by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, it's always funny to see how people react to the pace of things.  It's not racing speed but, it's clearly and quickly shows who likes to "giv'r" and who doesn't.

I was just looking at that pick of the explosion you sent me.  WHOOOPS!  :lol: Glad nobody was seriously hurt.

:lol:   Yup, but you gotta admit, there is always a bit of dick measuring going on.  When we’re with a relatively new group of guys we’re riding with, you sort out the sequence of who’s leading, and whatnot.  Generally i dont pass anyone when everyone is already going at a fast pace, cuz i think its rude.  You try and pass its game on.  :lol:  About 5 years ago, we had a big grou get together in Maine, i took off with a bunch of guys including bussman, Angry Ginger, Bobby NJ, Webba, etc., and a bunch of us from east coast, midwest and Canada.  We still dont know how, but he managed miss a corner and run over his own head, and i think Buss has it all on film. :lol:   Could have been bad, but no one was hurt.

32D11248-B6B7-4A00-97AD-4E3E446C431A.jpeg

B10BDDE4-A05A-4D49-82AA-8F82083EFD26.jpeg

34D0DAE5-F21E-419A-B0BB-224E9C53C446.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

About 600 here, really light for us, but conditions havent been great.

My nephew has that same exact sled. I’ll be surprised if it doesnt look like that one by the end of the season.

:lol:   Yup, but you gotta admit, there is always a bit of dick measuring going on.  When we’re with a relatively new group of guys we’re riding with, you sort out the sequence of who’s leading, and whatnot.  Generally i dont pass anyone when everyone is already going at a fast pace, cuz i think its rude.  You try and pass its game on.  :lol:  About 5 years ago, we had a big grou get together in Maine, i took off with a bunch of guys including bussman, Angry Ginger, Bobby NJ, Webba, etc., and a bunch of us from east coast, midwest and Canada.  We still dont know how, but he managed miss a corner and run over his own head, and i think Buss has it all on film. :lol:   Could have been bad, but no one was hurt.

32D11248-B6B7-4A00-97AD-4E3E446C431A.jpeg

B10BDDE4-A05A-4D49-82AA-8F82083EFD26.jpeg

34D0DAE5-F21E-419A-B0BB-224E9C53C446.jpeg

Yeah, on these rides there’s very little passing once it gets going  The trails just don’t permit. Usually around lunch a couple of us would move up front and start trading paint.  It’s just a really good fun paced ride overall.  

I saw that video of him running over his own head. I mean....how in that fuck......  :lol:

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

man that guy went in real hot his primary looks to be a bit off center . 

sucks cuz you know that old ride has no full coverage and the guy prob can't afford another ride 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

man that guy went in real hot his primary looks to be a bit off center . 

sucks cuz you know that old ride has no full coverage and the guy prob can't afford another ride 

Correct on all points. Apparently he just put $3000 in the motor which is now probably scrap. The primary was all smashed up so the crank is likely bent.