What's going to be less believable

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Damn.....JT is ruthlessly gaping raped anus

I mean if you're going to try to say the cat is faster becuase one sled posted a shitty time while two others posted far better times I have to point that out. I ride doo but fuck the Polaris is impressive. I'm thinking about a poo 850 for next year

Edited by jtssrx

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

The D&D setup doo 850 ran the best ET 9.3 at over 100

ScreenShot20180123at13808PM.jpg

Look at the dumbasses wasting money on clutch kits for their boosted turbo's :lol:

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Look at the dumbasses wasting money on clutch kits for their boosted turbo's :lol:

You said you couldnt run a wide range if power on the same clutch setup. You were 100% wrong and dont have a clue what you're babbling about. Pretty pathetic to be honest

Just now, Rapid Anus said:

Yes it’ll literally drive we’ve been through this you maroon

You're a fucking retard. Do I need to post Martin's reply about the fastest trail sled in the world? 

Fastest trail sled in the world owned by one of the best builders in the world. HSR and Buttcocks owned hard

Let me share my experience with a setup that runs the same clutch calibration under different power levels. PS-3 is currently setup to run 30psi boost on trails using its auxiliary fuel system. Power output being largely a factor of boost pressure, PS-3 is typically running anywhere from 15psi up to 30psi. This is quite a wide range.

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fair amount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable level. The problem with that is the sled may exhibit symptoms of being sluggish at lower boost setting -- and it will to some extent if nothing is done.

The other factor to consider is that power level at the end of a wot pull can be 10% lower that at the beginning of a wot pull. As boost pressure increases in the 30psi range, the intake air temperature will increase sharply at the rate of nearly 8F degrees per second. This increase reduces air mass density and therefore the net air mass flow processed by the engine decreases, so is the overall fuel flow to maintain the same lambda target. Less air and less fuel means less power. This adds to the complexity of properly setting clutches for a fixed rpm target. By nature, it is nearly impossible to accomplish nor is it desirable because of fluctuating power output. Enough said.

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.

The above situation is the extreme of running a single clutch calibration on various power settings due to the wide boost difference between high and low. The short story here is that it can be done quite successfully. That being said, the engine has to be built and configured right to operate at higher rpm levels and a good rpm cut strategy is a must in case of a belt failure during a wot pull.

My $0.02

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fastest trail sled in the world owned by one of the best builders in the world. HSR and Buttcocks owned hard

Let me share my experience with a setup that runs the same clutch calibration under different power levels. PS-3 is currently setup to run 30psi boost on trails using its auxiliary fuel system. Power output being largely a factor of boost pressure, PS-3 is typically running anywhere from 15psi up to 30psi. This is quite a wide range.

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fair amount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable level. The problem with that is the sled may exhibit symptoms of being sluggish at lower boost setting -- and it will to some extent if nothing is done.

The other factor to consider is that power level at the end of a wot pull can be 10% lower that at the beginning of a wot pull. As boost pressure increases in the 30psi range, the intake air temperature will increase sharply at the rate of nearly 8F degrees per second. This increase reduces air mass density and therefore the net air mass flow processed by the engine decreases, so is the overall fuel flow to maintain the same lambda target. Less air and less fuel means less power. This adds to the complexity of properly setting clutches for a fixed rpm target. By nature, it is nearly impossible to accomplish nor is it desirable because of fluctuating power output. Enough said.

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.

The above situation is the extreme of running a single clutch calibration on various power settings due to the wide boost difference between high and low. The short story here is that it can be done quite successfully. That being said, the engine has to be built and configured right to operate at higher rpm levels and a good rpm cut strategy is a must in case of a belt failure during a wot pull.

My $0.02

Where does it state using STOCK clutch calibration ????The bold is all that is needed to see.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Where does it state using STOCK clutch calibration ????The bold is all that is needed to see.

You're a fucking moron. You stated the same clutching could not be used across wide power levels. Read his whole post moron. 280-500hp on the same clutch setup with it working well all the way. 

You opened your mouth and got owned. Sorry you arent too bright when it comes to clutching

No you stated that you can turn up the boost on a stock cat and NOT need clutching,,I said it would. Then you start flailing all over the internet trying to find examples to back up your claim. Even this guy stated the OBVIOUS as he says. You just keep on blabbering,,,it's great entertainment. Thanks for proving me right again.

Read the bold above slowly.

Just now, HSR said:

No you stated that you can turn up the boost on a stock cat and NOT need clutching,,I said it would. Then you start flailing all over the internet trying to find examples to back up your claim. Even this guy stated the OBVIOUS as he says. You just keep on blabbering,,,it's great entertainment. Thanks for proving me right again.

Read the bold above slowly.

Bullshit you retard. We had two separate arguments. You can run more boost on a stock cat and it will get faster.

You can run a wide range of boost on the same clutch setup and you said you could not.

You got owned

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

Obviously, like others have noted, clutch calibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level

This what i and others claimed all along ,,now run along child.

There is a way around that. It is actually simple but involves a certain compromize. The solution is to let the engine rev much higher on the high power setting and get it to rev still high enough at lower power settings that throttle response is still great or as good as with a normal calibration. In the case of PS-3 ,this means operating the engine at 9600rpm at 30psi and let it spin at around 8800rpm at typical pump gas boost pressure of around 19psi. The result is perfect and to be honnest, the sled is a blast to ride at wot at 9600rpm and 30psi boost -- it just screams.