'Tomorrow it could be us': Marco Rubio warns Republicans not to take advantage of Wikileaks

Rubio is correct and quite frankly I think this whole hacking of Americans and the US government by the Russians is unsettling. 

It could be time for another arms race to bankrupt the Russians again, it won't be cheap but no one ever said being the leader of the free world was.

'Tomorrow it could be us': Marco Rubio warns Republicans not to take advantage of Wikileaks

Sen. Marco Rubio advised his fellow Republicans on Wednesday not to use revelations in WikiLeaks as political ammo against Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

The Florida Republican said in a statement provided to Business Insider that he "will not discuss any issue" that has come to the public's attention "solely on the basis" of hacked emails from Clinton campaign manager John Podesta or internal emails from the Democratic National Committee.

"As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process and I will not indulge it," Rubio explained.

Rubio, a member of the Senate Intelligence and Foreign Relations committees, added: "I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks: Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us."

Over the past several weeks, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has frequently touted revelations in the latest WikiLeaks dump, telling audiences that the organization exposed supposed foul play in the Department of Justice's investigation into her use of a private email server, as well as Clinton's close ties to the financial industry. 

"You to to read it," Trump told a campaign rally audience in Florida last week.

Some intelligence officials have sharply criticized the real-estate mogul for touting revelations in WikiLeaks.

Former deputy director of the CIA Michael Morell told reporters during a press call hosted by the Clinton campaign last week that Trump was actively embracing the Russians alleged attempt to tip the election in his favor.

"In my mind, he's actually cheering it on," Morell said. "He's reading from Wikileaks material at his rallies. … He's encouraging people to read the hacked materials. He is encouraging this attack on our democracy. I just find that amazing and shocking."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tomorrow-it-could-be-us-marco-rubio-warns-republicans-not-to-take-advantage-of-wikileaks/ar-AAj8WBu

With all do respect people, who puts that shit in EMails.  They both deserved to be hacked and they should be taught a grave lesson.  The emails exposed how entitled those at the top are, that position has to change.

• Like 4

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

How is a secretive, corrupt government an asset to democracy? 

The Constitution guarantees the citizens privacy, not their government.

Edited by Kivalo

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Rubio is correct and quite frankly I think this whole hacking of Americans and the US government by the Russians is unsettling. 

It could be time for another arms race to bankrupt the Russians again, it won't be cheap but no one ever said being the leader of the free world was.

Yep. Run us even further into debt and enrich the war machine even more all to cover up our corrupt shitbag government .     I think another arms race is a brilliant idea .   :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Fuck this forums mobile settings!

Now on to business...

The fact this asshats even said this should tell everyone that he KNOWS the Reps are just as bad as the Dems and that should tell everyone voting for the lessor of two evils, D or R, is a moronic strategy. 

Fuck our elected leadership!

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck anyone who opposes corrupt government being exposed at any length ....absolutely fuck them with a hot poker in the face

I agree but these leaks are subject to corruption too. Russia obviously has an agenda and Wikileaks times their releases. This alone should tell you they need to be scrutinized to ensure they are kept honest. 

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I agree but these leaks are subject to corruption too. Russia obviously has an agenda and Wikileaks times their releases. This alone should tell you they need to be scrutinized to ensure they are kept honest. 

Wikileaks agenda is to damage those who are corrupt and to do it with information that belongs to everyone

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wikileaks agenda is to damage those who are corrupt and to do it with information that belongs to everyone

And as long as it stays that way then great. I'm saying we need to be somewhat skeptical to ensure they say that way. Keep them honest so to speak. :bc:

Vince says lets start another cold war. :lol:

I hope Russia hacks the GOP and gives the info to Wikileaks too. Guarantee those fucks are just as crooked as the Dems and everyone but Momo has enough brain cells to see that.

Gotta keep fighting back and forth to make it seem like the American public actually has a "choice" who they elect. :news:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There is no connection between Russia and wikileaks. Why are we accepting this false premise?

Its amazing to me the amount of people i interact and work with daily just believe what they read on FB or whatever channel they are watching. Ive been doing research since last year. its easy to cut through the bullshit on either side when you know what your talking about   :good: Im not "loyal" to any candidate but i can do the math

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Its amazing to me the amount of people i interact and work with daily just believe what they read on FB or whatever channel they are watching. Ive been doing research since last year. its easy to cut through the bullshit on either side when you know what your talking about   :good: Im not "loyal" to any candidate but i can do the math

This election will be decided by internet memes.