This guy is awesome

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I get his points and all but telling the guy to go fuck  his mother was a little much. 

Yeah he lost his cool but so what? It's not illegal to tell the cops to fuck off. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah he lost his cool but so what? It's not illegal to tell the cops to fuck off. 

Oh I know and I don’t have a problem with that...I just don’t like the “fuck your mother” thing...never have.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh I know and I don’t have a problem with that...I just don’t like the “fuck your mother” thing...never have.

Lot of people don't realize that's where the saying " motherfucker " came from. Some things just don't translate right. Lets face it, being called a motherfucker realy isn't an insult. Anyone with kids is a motherfucker.

31 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Lot of people don't realize that's where the saying " motherfucker " came from. Some things just don't translate right. Lets face it, being called a motherfucker realy isn't an insult. Anyone with kids is a motherfucker.

Huh...interesting.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree, I only say that to telemarketers,..

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The term "mother fucker" is an awakening or realization of youth who are being abused by their Father. He would be using a heteronormative script to orchestrate a state of emotional turmoil for his child to avoid all responsibility in the childs upbringing but insist on "claiming back" from the child for his sacrifices.

The term "mother fucker" or "mofcker" refers to a man who has sex with someone else's mother, specifically with a woman in some kind of tight spot (e.g., economically) who agrees to sex with that man only out of desperation. The woman doesn't really want to sleep with this man, and she isn't a prostitute in the professional sense, but this man presents an alternative to watching her children go hungry.

The term gained tremendous traction during WWII, originally among black American GIs, and was applied literally to American soldiers (black, white, or otherwise) in war-torn Europe who would trade food, money, or anything of value (cigarettes, chocolate, booze) for sex with desperately poor or starving French and German women. Many of these women were home-makers whose husbands had been conscripted away, killed, or imprisoned, leaving the women to support the couple's children alone. Many lacked trade skills, and the war damaged the local economies so badly that they had few, if any, alternatives.

So calling a man a "mother fucker" meant that he was A) taking advantage of poor and downtrodden people with no options, and B) incapable of seducing non-desperate women. Anyone with experience growing up in desperate poverty, or who saw his own parents humiliated by circumstances beyond his control, would probably consider that kind of behavior to be a pretty low thing.

In the last sixty or so years, the term has entered the popular slang as a term of derision ("That Richard Nixon is a real mother fucker, you know?"). More recently, it's been used as an indicator of extraordinary intensity, not necessarily in a derisive sense, but usually still carrying some implications of harshness ("I fell asleep out in my lawn chair, yesterday, and got a mother fucker of a sunburn.") or intimidating awesomeness ("That Shaft, he's one baaaad mother fucker.").