Fox melt down happening now

Fox melt down happening now

“We are just all learning of this at the same time, but the best I can tell, the American president can’t order U.S. companies how they’re going to do their sales and where they’re going to have their supply chains,” Wallace lectured. “We have a free-market capitalist system.” 

“I don’t think the president can order a car company to move some of its factories from one place to another,” he continued. “He could impose tariffs or make it economically untenable, but he can’t sit there and order the CEO of the board — and my guess is most people in this country wouldn’t want to see the president be able to do this.” 

Noting Trump’s inflammatory comments about Powell, calling him a “enemy” and comparing him to China’s leader Xi Jinping, Wallace said the president’s comments about one of his own appointees were concerning. 

“We have to drill down on the statement, who was a bigger enemy to this country? The head of the Federal Reserve Jerome Powell who was appointed by President Trump, or Chinese president Xi?” Wallace asked. 

He later asked, “When you have the president of the United States sort of flailing around this way and ordering companies to move back to the U.S. and saying that the head of the Federal Reserve is the enemy of the country, is that going to create more consumer confidence about the state of the economy or not?" 

VIDEO: 
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/foxs-chris-wallace-stunned-as-flailing-trump-tries-to-order-around-us-companies-while-the-stock-market-plunges/

I dont believe Trump has the authority to order companies to do anything unless there are some war powers clauses in play. Technically we are still under war authorization from congress. 

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

I dont believe Trump has the authority to order companies to do anything unless there are some war powers clauses in play. Technically we are still under war authorization from congress. 

All he has to do is declare an economic emergency.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/chapter-35

Mainecat can't even call Trump a dictator and do it right. :lol:

3 hours ago, Snake said:

He actually can and doubled down and said this he can actually order companies to do this it's the law the POTUS has the power for real :lmao:

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Thanks.....obviously the media isnt posting that on their own. 

I think that's a dangerous precedent but I'd support it here

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Thanks.....obviously the media isnt posting that on their own. 

I think that's a dangerous precedent but I'd support it here

I agree with you.

That was just to shut up Mainecat for being sucked in, yet again, by the brain trusts at DU.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

14 more months till he’s voted out.

Can you imagine the debate. 

Anyone the dems pick can list all of his lies. Ask about his tax return blast him for his hour long meeting with Putin 

I want Warren to own her lie about native heritage and squash  Trump with his lie about every other topic under the sun.