Acute Positional Vertigo

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

What did you do?

My dad had vertigo for a day or so couldn't move with out puking.  It went away a few days but they said it could come back etc.  

8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. Crazy back read. Hope you start feeling better soon Ben. Dizzy is a terrible way to go through life. 

:bc: to all of you facing medical issues. Lucky for me that midgets are pretty much immune to all that stuff. Hospital visits are half price for us. Two midgets will easily fit in one bed. 

Good luck to all of you. 

At least for me, I hope mine was just removal and surveillance, but you never know after being hit with the bad news. 

Mental side is still a big struggle some days.  Next follow up is next week.  Look forward to it and dread it at the same time, not knowing what I'm going to hear.   

• Gold Member

Wife wanted to go watch whales last weekend from a boat......  told her I didn’t do the ocean as I learned my lesson in Alaska halibut fishing......   she has never seen me on the ocean.  Well the king salmon I had for lunch ended up back in the ocean after the 40 minutes in the hour long whale watching tour.  Took me a good 12 hours to feel somewhat normal.

Edited by BOHICA

5 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Riding a crotch rocket at 180mph plus for at least 15 mins per day will cure it

Ever had the balls to take a rice rocket past 150? :news:

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Ever had the balls to take a rice rocket past 150? :news:

Ive been 165 a few times on my brothers GSXr. Been 145+ many times at the drag strip on a buddies turbo busa. He never could make that thing go as fast as I could. 

My fastest ever in my car was 227mph. 5.95 seconds @ 227mph. Been over 220 a hundred times. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ive been 165 a few times on my brothers GSXr. Been 145+ many times at the drag strip on a buddies turbo busa. He never could make that thing go as fast as I could. 

My fastest ever in my car was 227mph. 5.95 seconds @ 227mph. Been over 220 a hundred times. 

I had 167 indicated a couple times on my R6 when I was 160 pounds. I never minded cruising along at 120-130 but shit starts moving really fast at 150+ on a highway. :lol:

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I had 167 indicated a couple times on my R6 when I was 160 pounds. I never minded cruising along at 120-130 but shit starts moving really fast at 150+ on a highway. :lol:

Yep, for sure.

The GSXr was fun but those speeds are quite scary on public roads.  145mph on a bike at the drag strip is nothing. Its so safe its almost boring.

Even 220+ is no big deal at the drag strip. I always remember shifting into 3rd (hi gear in the car) and wishing it would keep accelerating like it did in 1st and 2nd.  I always ran a fairly mild tune up. I couldn't afford to blow it up every weekend. Even tuning it mild I spent $20k to operate the car all season. It averaged out to about $500 each time I went down the track. 

It's kind of weird how at first the acceleration/speed seems like it's too much and you have no time to react. Then something happens and all of a sudden time seems to slow down and that's when the hook is set. You are now addicted to speed. You chase that feeling/excitement forever.

Then when you stop doing it and think back it all seems so dangerous and crazy. But at the time easy peasy  LoL

12 hours ago, SSFB said:

When i was young I had a bunch of times i did 150,  now that i am older low hundreds feels safe but no real desire to go over that on roads.  

On 8/22/2019 at 11:36 PM, SSFB said:

I did 140mph on my old eliminator. Those things weren't very aerodynamic so that was about fast as it was gonna go. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, Anler said:

I did 140mph on my old eliminator. Those things weren't very aerodynamic so that was about fast as it was gonna go. :lol:

That's still fast. THe broken line on the hwy turns solid at around 127 or so.

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's still fast. THe broken line on the hwy turns solid at around 127 or so.

Oh yeah. The power line poles start to look like a picket fence.

• Haha 1