‘Trump is ruining our markets’: Struggling farmers are losing a huge customer to the trade war — China

• Platinum Contributing Member
I don’t think the Chinese have any clue the staying power that the heartland of this country has.
 ALAN TOWNSEND

This is no different than the local fruit cart guy crying because some mob boss got tossed in jail that used to give him $100 for an apple and a banana.

You dont base your business on marketing a product to hostile actors

Seen tons of interviews with farmers at the Iowa State fair.   Virtually all of them support what Trump is doing with China.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Seen tons of interviews with farmers at the Iowa State fair.   Virtually all of them support what Trump is doing with China.  

That's called integrity....

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why wouldn’t they? They’re getting no strings attached welfare. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:
I don’t think the Chinese have any clue the staying power that the heartland of this country has.
 ALAN TOWNSEND

Until bankrupt farms are sold off to corporate Agra. Then tariffs are magically lifted. No losers right?

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Until bankrupt farms are sold off to corporate Agra. Then tariffs are magically lifted. No losers right?

That’s the goal. trump to offer small farms a government subsidized buyout.....very soon. 

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Local farmers in my area aren't worried, China is not the only markets their crops have homes

Interesting. Other customers. Imagine that.

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Local farmers in my area aren't worried, China is not the only markets their crops have homes

Then why are they getting welfare if everything is coming up roses? A better question might be, why are they accepting welfare if everything is coming up roses? 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Farmers of all sizes were managing to go tits up when crop prices were twice what they are today...

Plus a whole multitude of other issues that you wouldn't understand either.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That’s the goal. trump to offer small farms a government subsidized buyout.....very soon. 

:lmao:

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Go Epstein yourself you stupid fuck

Wow...running around with your hair on fire just looking to insult people....now where have I heard that before?