NH for the win

Sununu vetoes 3 gun bills, citing NH’s ‘culture of responsible gun ownership, individual freedom'

Sununu vetoed House 109, which closes the so-called gun show loophole and requires background checks for virtually all commercial firearms sales or transfers; House Bill 514, which requires a three-day waiting period before the purchase and delivery of a firearm; andHouse Bill 564, which prohibits carrying a firearm on school property.

https://www.wmur.com/article/sununu-vetoes-3-gun-bills-citing-nhs-culture-of-responsible-gun-ownership-individual-freedom/28661417

:saluting:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Every state should have a law requiring an extensive gun safety class before being allowed to purchase any gun.

Every person I know who owns a firearm has been through training. I went through training when I was a youngster. I think that's just "common sense" firearm rules. To mandate them as laws is not an option though.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Then make it required curriculum in every public school

i would have zero issue with schools requiring real world knowledge not just art and music and stupid shit.  Real world finance class,  home economics,  shop including basic automotive skills, gun safety,  constitutional rights.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would have zero issue with schools requiring real world knowledge not just art and music and stupid shit.  Real world finance class,  home economics,  shop including basic automotive skills, gun safety,  constitutional rights.  

Best post today. The fact that they don't teach real world knowledge nowadays is a contributing factor of all the shit going on. 

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Not sure that would be a good required course. You may expose the wrong people to guns by making I’d mandatory. An elective would be a good idea.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I taught my own kids. That's what responsible people do.

Yup....if my computer hadn't bricked I'd post a pic of my daughter at 5 shooting an AR lol.....that pic triggers the betas hard

2 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Best post today. The fact that they don't teach real world knowledge nowadays is a contributing factor of all the shit going on. 

School should be skills based and not subject based. Kids would be way more interested and engaged and come out more prepared. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Why would you like to live in a place you can't piss off your deck and skeet shoot in your driveway? 

because i'd like to be able to walk everywhere. Newburyport would be perfect but i won't move to MA  

I have no need for anymore land than for my dog to piss and shit,  my neighbor now is 20-30 feet away and i still piss behind my garage when i want to.  

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

because i'd like to be able to walk everywhere. Newburyport would be perfect but i won't move to MA  

I have no need for anymore land than for my dog to piss and shit,  my neighbor now is 20-30 feet away and i still piss behind my garage when i want to.  

Plum Island

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Fuck no too far out of town. Id want to be within 500 yards of the middle of downtown

Newburyport is awesome. Back in the 70’s it looked like the German Luftwaffa strafed it every day.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Newburyport is awesome. Back in the 70’s it looked like the German Luftwaffa strafed it every day.

been going there since i was a kid in the 70's,  used to spend a lot of time with my grandparents and my grandfather was on the board at the bank and knew everyone around town.  they loved the boardwalk once it was put in.  

Used ta' have my boat at Newburyport in 90, 91, 92. Went out ta' Joppa Flats in my small boat a couple of years ago, and could not believe how many boats there were down there. The river was lined with marinas. Would sure like ta' go back some day, with a big honkin' Cig or Beak.