Who has one of these types of trailers?

Thanks for the replies.

I know I am getting an in-line.  I’ve had several side by side load models and I don’t want that big square footprint.  I want something sleek that I can fit into a standard garage door (7’).  I am getting a 14 x 7 DA (because a DA tows and looks better).  The question I have is about interior height and loading and unloading it.  I don’t want to have to suck handlebars to get it in and out but don’t mind stopping down to move around inside.  It strictly a sled hauler....not a work trailer.  SO....I was looking for the interior dimensions of one of the side by side-over the wheel rigs so i can reverse engineer it from that height.  I’m thinking it’s around 66”????

27 minutes ago, s pump said:

Not sure what the question is but we have an pretty high enclosed and that bitch pulls hard. Mileage falls of by 40% dragging that bitch. It's pretty high but makes for good storage shed at camp and home.

15641462838655219124810669290004.jpg

The Mission dblewide was like a parachute and the mileage was horrible on the truck. I went to the 7x19 and it towed like it wasn't there(all aluminum). I'd still have it but my sxs wouldn't fit thru the opening.

31 minutes ago, s pump said:

Not sure what the question is but we have an pretty high enclosed and that bitch pulls hard. Mileage falls of by 40% dragging that bitch. It's pretty high but makes for good storage shed at camp and home.

15641462838655219124810669290004.jpg

could be the bent axles after it's been banged off so many things :dunno: 

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Thanks for the replies.

I know I am getting an in-line.  I’ve had several side by side load models and I don’t want that big square footprint.  I want something sleek that I can fit into a standard garage door (7’).  I am getting a 14 x 7 DA (because a DA tows and looks better).  The question I have is about interior height and loading and unloading it.  I don’t want to have to suck handlebars to get it in and out but don’t mind stopping down to move around inside.  It strictly a sled hauler....not a work trailer.  SO....I was looking for the interior dimensions of one of the side by side-over the wheel rigs so i can reverse engineer it from that height.  I’m thinking it’s around 66”????

If your going v-nose drive in and drive out. I put one sled on right front and one left side just inside and no problems

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Having owned a deck over four place and currently an in-line four place to stay under 7' you will need to get an in-line, as far interior height is concerned that's all dependent on what you order, my current trailer has an interior height of 6', I could have got it in 5'-6" or 6'6".

Advantages deckover vs in-line: Deckover has more width an can be loaded with sleds SxS thus a shorter trailer, deckover is also better when traveling through deep unplowed snow. In-line lower overall height, supposedly cuts through the wind easier........ :LOL: 

Get one of these if you're concerned about height.

IMG_4353.thumb.JPG.f9a93cdef7fb1dd044df862bbccb8f12.JPG

Just picked this up a few weeks ago for the summer toys.

toy hauler.jpeg

When you are a fucking shitforbrains midget like Ballsack height inside means squat :finger:

• Haha 1

Just now, s pump said:

Could be but it pulled equally bad when it was not bent.

Why did it pull poorly?  I've heard of some DA being put on out of whack.  And how the hell did you bend the axles???  wow.

6 hours ago, smokin george said:

Fkn trailers lol. I've gone from an open dblewide to a 14ft open inline (atv) trailer then back to an open dblewide. I got rid of that to a dblewide Mission enclosed to the Legend 7x19  and now back to a dblewide open. I also had a single open along the mix and I think I'm finally done buying damn trailers. 

The General is 4" to tall to get into my current enclosed trailer, I was thinking of trading my enclosed for a taller unit.......but I really don't want a larger trailer. In any event my current crop of trailers is 12' Triton clamshell, the 27' Continental in-line, and the 22' Aluma open toy hauler, 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Have a 2 and 5 place very similar  

Aluma, made in Iowa :thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The General is 4" to tall to get into my current enclosed trailer, I was thinking of trading my enclosed for a taller unit.......but I really don't want a larger trailer. In any event my current crop of trailers is 12' Triton clamshell, the 27' Continental in-line, and the 22' Aluma open toy hauler, 

Aluma, made in Iowa :thumbsup:

are the iowa tweakers building it better quality than the IN ones building trailers :dunno:

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

are the iowa tweakers building it better quality than the IN ones building trailers :dunno:

Good question, the Aluma trailer seems to be built really well with good looking welds, side panels that fit well. etc.

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Any that sell direct to consumers?

Yes,but I’m not sure about that type of trailer you are looking for? Three people I know have bought open car trailers and 5th wheel deck overs. They had them custom made for their needs and saved thousands. All three of them went to mfgs In Iowa and saved big money. Bear Cat is by you and makes nice stuff. Funk trailer sales is near me and gives smoking deals for cash buyers. I’ve bought a few from that family. They are at I80 and Rt47. He can have anything you want built. If you want me to put a set of eyes on anything in his inventory, let me know. Funk is one of the largest stocking dealers in the Midwest. I know a Bear Cat dealership in the UP. He will give you a great deal if you go pick up the trailer yourself and he doesn’t have to touch it.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yes,but I’m not sure about that type of trailer you are looking for? Three people I know have bought open car trailers and 5th wheel deck overs. They had them custom made for their needs and saved thousands. All three of them went to mfgs In Iowa and saved big money. Bear Cat is by you and makes nice stuff. Funk trailer sales is near me and gives smoking deals for cash buyers. I’ve bought a few from that family. They are at I80 and Rt47. He can have anything you want built. If you want me to put a set of eyes on anything in his inventory, let me know. Funk is one of the largest stocking dealers in the Midwest. I know a Bear Cat dealership in the UP. He will give you a great deal if you go pick up the trailer yourself and he doesn’t have to touch it.

Excellent!  I’ll check them out.  Problem is, what I want will most likely not be in any stock.  A 7x14, smooth sided TA with a V and overall height under 7 feet.  

They are out there but are rare.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Excellent!  I’ll check them out.  Problem is, what I want will most likely not be in any stock.  A 7x14, smooth sided TA with a V and overall height under 7 feet.  

They are out there but are rare.

PM Ezra, he gets a custom made trailer made every few years. Just like you, he doesn’t keep them around long. Buys them this time of year low and sells them a few years later in Nov/Dec high. You should be able to get a good deal right now. The prices on sled trailers go up 25% come oct/nov.

Just now, Woodtick said:

PM Ezra, he gets a custom made trailer made every few years. Just like you, he doesn’t keep them around long. Buys them this time of year low and sells them a few years later in Nov/Dec high. You should be able to get a good deal right now. The prices on sled trailers go up 25% come oct/nov.

I’ll do it.  I wonder where he has been lately?