Within 5 years we will be on the moon according to the Trump admin

• Platinum Contributing Member

I watched a documentary on PBS last night called "When We Were Apollo" and to see the absolute enormity and scope of what it took to land on the moon is breathtaking. From the Saturn Program to the building of the launch center from nothing was truly amazing...to sit here today and think that it never happened defies logic. 

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Going to the moon again is 1000x more noble than any worthless military expenditure. Just gut the DOD and give the money to nasa

I was just sitting here thinking before reading this, what the budget was for NASA when it was in it's hay day compared to how much money was being spent on the military in that same year?

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Going to the moon again is 1000x more noble than any worthless military expenditure. Just gut the DOD and give the money to nasa

dp

Edited by hayward

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

I was just sitting here thinking before reading this, what the budget was for NASA when it was in it's hay day compared to how much money was being spent on the military in that same year?

It just disgusts me to the core that every single aspiration and innovation is hijacked and weaponized .....the paramount motivation that supercedes all others is war. Why cant we focus on evolving past idiot military conflict. I think expansion past being an earth bound species would go a long way toward uniting us all in the human experience and moving us past silly tribal and regional conflict.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Tack another $3 trillion to the deficit. 

Plus another $3-$6 for Iran! $40T before you know it. Dems will have some new taxes for us.