The military offers even younger boys an opportunity to screw up their lives.

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Not a good idea but then again, women are taking on bigger roles too.  So...

Now, Spinner, you never served (clearly) so, what do you blame for screwing up your life?

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now, Spinner, you never served (clearly) so, what do you blame for screwing up your life?

Awe, sorry. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I would have loved that.  Test out of high school and go to the military.  GI bill and Army college fun, veteran benefit, real world experience all before 19 years of age would equals stellar individual that is extremely employable and a contributing member to society unlike most at that age.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I would have loved that.  Test out of high school and go to the military.  GI bill and Army college fun, veteran benefit, real world experience all before 19 years of age would equals stellar individual that is extremely employable and a contributing member to society unlike most at that age.

I guess it would have to depend on the MOS for me to agree that somebody that young should be doing it.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I guess it would have to depend on the MOS for me to agree that somebody that young should be doing it.

First year I collected my GI bill and army college for education I made just a touch over $100,000 in my IBEW apprenticeship.   Most apprentices anymore are veterans only as you know you can get employable people if they are a veteran.  If I could have been out by 19 years old after 3 years.....  damn sign me up!!!!  Plus I get veteran discounts everywhere.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Such a stupid fucking hippy.  I mean, just worthless.

Maybe they will offer big bonuses for all the old peace timers to suit back up? Oh fuck that shit, right? :lol:

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

First year I collected my GI bill and army college for education I made just a touch over $100,000 in my IBEW apprenticeship.   Most apprentices anymore are veterans only as you know you can get employable people if they are a veteran.  If I could have been out by 19 years old after 3 years.....  damn sign me up!!!!  Plus I get veteran discounts everywhere.

Veteran discounts are the only good reason to join the military... Can't wait til I'm 55 so then I can say :frech:

• Gold Member
Just now, Anler said:

Veteran discounts are the only good reason to join the military... Can't wait til I'm 55 so then I can say :frech:

10% of at Home Depot and Lowe’s.  My GI bill and Army college fund was prolly my best benefit.  Tax free fun money!!!!

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

10% of at Home Depot and Lowe’s.  My GI bill and Army college fund was prolly my best benefit.  Tax free fun money!!!!

You know what's funny? Now that I am a business owner and making 10x what I did when I was working for other companies I get a TON of shit for free. Lunches, golf, I can get tickets to any game in town (except playoffs and such), concerts and even vacations. I'll be going to Cabo again this fall with my wife and it won't cost us anything. Crazy. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Anler said:

You know what's funny? Now that I am a business owner and making 10x what I did when I was working for other companies I get a TON of shit for free. Lunches, golf, I can get tickets to any game in town (except playoffs and such), concerts and even vacations. I'll be going to Cabo again this fall with my wife and it won't cost us anything. Crazy. 

That is very cool!   Good to take advantage of the fruits of your labor.

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

Having trouble finding kids dumb enough to fight in these senseless wars? What about illegals? :lol:

Kids today are smarter about that stuff. The end of this generational rah rah bullshit and phony dying for your country is here. 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

That is very cool!   Good to take advantage of the fruits of your labor.

Not even, just vendors kissing my ass for business. Except the vacation, union members pay for that! :lol:

Just now, spin_dry said:

Kids today are smarter about that stuff. The end of this generational rah rah bullshit and phony dying for your country is here. 

Smarter than these fucking boomers and neocon meat puppets that's for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

You sound like you are overcompensating for something here.  How pathetic.

Poser.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Smarter than these fucking boomers and neocon meat puppets that's for sure. 

All that a thinking person needs to do is sit down and skim over the pentagon papers. They’d realize that there ain’t nothing honest about any person that supposedly died for their country since some died in WWII. And even some of that war is funky as shit. It’s all bullshit today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Spinner and Anler....a worthless cowardly match made in heaven...with Allah and and all the clitless virgins they can take!!!

Nah...we’re just watching lemmings march towards what Uncle Sam tells us is worthy of dying for. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

All that a thinking person needs to do is sit down and skim over the pentagon papers. They’d realize that there ain’t nothing honest about any person that supposedly died for their country since some died in WWII. And even some of that war is funky as shit. It’s all bullshit today. 

Ahh yes, the “enlightened self righteous” reason for never serving.  A lot of old men that have never done anything worthy use this.

:lol: