Corvette C8 reveal countdown

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It took like 2 years or so to break the new d max ecu.  It’s going to be a few years at the least before they break the cars ECU if ever.

They will have a computer replacement or bypass imbicile  :guzzle: 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

So you get Ferrari 388 level performance or above for what 60k?  I think with 7.0 the thing would be perfect.

I vant see it needing more power unless it gets awd. I mean I would never argue with more hp but there is zero chance of getting it faster to 60 unless you add significant traction

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I vant see it needing more power unless it gets awd. I mean I would never argue with more hp but there is zero chance of getting it faster to 60 unless you add significant traction

Sub 3s to 60 is pretty good hook up. It is still a light car which helps.  What a club race rig the new car would make.

41 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Sub 3s to 60 is pretty good hook up. It is still a light car which helps.  What a club race rig the new car would make.

I'm prepping the wife for my inevitable vette purchase now. Shes pissed. I'll wait a year and find a low mile one at a dealer and trade the m5 in. I want triple black base model. Less than 5k miles and in the high 40k range 1 year old.

Gotta start working some OT now :lol:

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm prepping the wife for my inevitable vette purchase now. Shes pissed. I'll wait a year and find a low mile one at a dealer and trade the m5 in. I want triple black base model. Less than 5k miles and in the high 40k range 1 year old.

Gotta start working some OT now :lol:

The only problem is that now that the engine is in the back you will get to the ditch quicker. 

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The only problem is that now that the engine is in the back you will get to the ditch quicker. 

I'd imagine all the horrible handling traits of the vette will be completely gone.

No more 65/35 weight distribution and quantum speed unpredictable snap oversteer 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd imagine all the horrible handling traits of the vette will be completely gone.

No more 65/35 weight distribution and quantum speed unpredictable snap oversteer 

The C7 stingray base car was probably near perfect. Good handling good power acceptable ride quality but then they start to pour on the power in the form of the Zo6 and ZR1 and the car becomes unruly. Seriously why would you need or even be able to use more than the base C8. 

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The C7 stingray base car was probably near perfect. Good handling good power acceptable ride quality but then they start to pour on the power in the form of the Zo6 and ZR1 and the car becomes unruly. Seriously why would you need or even be able to use more than the base C8. 

For fun you know what 900 hp is like under your foot :)

Edited by Momorider

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Exactly.....my uncle says the c7z is great with the nannies on and becomes a real handful with them off. With weight distribution not even close to neutral there is only so much you can do before the car oversteers unpredictably and falls back into the "real drivers car" class

Huh.....quick Google search reveals that Chevy got very close to even weight distribution in the c6z and subsequent c7 models. I guess I should educate myself before making assumptions

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Huh.....quick Google search reveals that Chevy got very close to even weight distribution in the c6z and subsequent c7 models. I guess I should educate myself before making assumptions

Yup

very capable front engine platform 

4 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Yup

very capable front engine platform 

The mid engine will be far more balanced and offer amazing performance over all previous generations. 

The base model c8 with a few tweaks will be faster and better handling than every previous vette iteration 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The mid engine will be far more balanced and offer amazing performance over all previous generations. 

The base model c8 with a few tweaks will be faster and better handling than every previous vette iteration 

That’s how it usually works yes 

2 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

That’s how it usually works yes 

Well....a c5z and c6z outperform base model c6 cars. A c6z outperforms base model c7 car.  A c6 zr1 demolishes a stock c7 and on and on.

So not really. 

The c8 is a radical departure and the biggest performance gain over a single generation.

Honestly....the c8 reminds me of a little nsx mixed with a little Ford gt and a sprinkle of Ferrari. 

Its just awesome 

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well....a c5z and c6z outperform base model c6 cars. A c6z outperforms base model c7 car.  A c6 zr1 demolishes a stock c7 and on and on.

So not really. 

The c8 is a radical departure and the biggest performance gain over a single generation.

Honestly....the c8 reminds me of a little nsx mixed with a little Ford gt and a sprinkle of Ferrari. 

Its just awesome 

Definitely a great looking car.  Wonder how many miles GM put it through during testing.  They need a couple of success stories these days.  Hopefully this will be one of them.  

My buddy just picked up a loaded 2019 LTZ half ton crew cab.  No sunroof but basically all the other important bells and whistles like leather and stereo and nav and such.  He paid $41k for it and they gave him $21k for his 2013 LT crew cab.  He paid less for the 2019 new than the 2013 new and the '19 is a way nicer truck.  

52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So not really. 

Its just awesome 

Equal trim models always outperform the last 

c6z was an absolute monster in its time 

6 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Equal trim models always outperform the last 

c6z was an absolute monster in its time 

Right....but this is the first time that the next gen will outperform the previous gens supercars variants. Like I said.....my uncle is pissed. He paid over 110k for his c7z fully optioned and the new stingray will beat it. He was just at Gainsville making 1/4 passes and his best run was 11.30.....obviously horrible DA but he said the car hooked and felt great. The fact that the new car will match or best his for 40gs less is unreal

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right....but this is the first time that the next gen will outperform the previous gens supercars variants. Like I said.....my uncle is pissed. He paid over 110k for his c7z fully optioned and the new stingray will beat it. He was just at Gainsville making 1/4 passes and his best run was 11.30.....obviously horrible DA but he said the car hooked and felt great. The fact that the new car will match or best his for 40gs less is unreal

The c8 is amazing no doubt. It’ll hit 10’s in good air 

sub 3 second 0-60 should get 10’s 

and DCT FTW 

58 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No the first time the next gen Corvette out performed it's predicesor was in 1984. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

No the first time the next gen Corvette out performed it's predicesor was in 1984. 

Not sure about the early years....but even going back to the c5....the base c5 would not beat the c4 zr1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not sure about the early years....but even going back to the c5....the base c5 would not beat the c4 zr1

The C4 ZR1 was really a special engine for it's day. 32 valves 16 fuel injectors nearly 400 hp. I would say vetted did not get appreciably better until the C6 Z06. 

10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The C4 ZR1 was really a special engine for it's day. 32 valves 16 fuel injectors nearly 400 hp. I would say vetted did not get appreciably better until the C6 Z06. 

My C4 was nice and a quick mover but weights were off.  It made tight cornering a bit of a job.  The C5 was world’s better. Close to 50/50 weight distribution and excellent in cornering.  C6 was much more refined and a bit of suspension work made it amazing. ( I tracked my C5 and C6).  I drove a buddies C7 zo6 and it felt near identical to my C6-Z.

My C6 was my last but, this new one has me lookin’!!!!