Corvette C8 reveal countdown

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Anler said:

The Ford GT killer?

Be curious if the first model has much over 500 hp...  in corvette fashion like most manufactures I would say prolly not as they will just be releasing base models for the first year or 2....  it was like 2 or 3 years before we saw c7 Z06’s and a couple years after that for ZR1’s. 

12 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Be curious if the first model has much over 500 hp...  in corvette fashion like most manufactures I would say prolly not as they will just be releasing base models for the first year or 2....  it was like 2 or 3 years before we saw c7 Z06’s and a couple years after that for ZR1’s. 

I’m guessing around 500 hp for the base model and a 7-8 speed DCT

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

I’m guessing around 500 hp for the base model and a 7-8 speed DCT

So far I think we do know the base motor is pretty much the same 6.2 in the C7’s.

the next fastest one is a 5.5ish liter non pushrod flat plane crank with turbos.  

The fastest will be 5.5ish flat plane crank non pushrod turbos with some batteries and electric

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

So far I think we do know the base motor is pretty much the same 6.2 in the C7’s.

the next fastest one is a 5.5ish liter non pushrod flat plane crank with turbos.  

The fastest will be 5.5ish flat plane crank non pushrod turbos with some batteries and electric

5.5 is always a bad rumour.  The 5.5 has always existed as it’s the maximum allowable NA engine for GTLM but it’s never been in a production vette 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Duke KaBoom said:

5.5 is always a bad rumour.  The 5.5 has always existed as it’s the maximum allowable NA engine for GTLM but it’s never been in a production vette 

It’s not the same 5.5....  it’s a new engine modeled after the ford gt350 engine going into top level vettes

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

It’s not the same Gilmore 5.5....  it’s a new engine modeled after the ford gt350 engine going into top level vettes

Total unsubstantiated rumours started by click bait sites 

1 hour ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Total unsubstantiated rumours started by click bait sites 

Well if GM wants to be competitive it all it ain't going to be with a pushrod NA dinosaur under the bonnet 

54 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well if GM wants to be competitive it all it ain't going to be with a pushrod NA dinosaur under the bonnet 

Weird cause dodge and gm both faster than ford 

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just over 1 hour to go sludgy....  you have the Jergens on the night stand, a glass of wine and a candle lit to set the mood you faggot?

Tbh I’m more interested in the moteur cause that’s what will be going in the camero next 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.  Unless its awd just say no.

It’s a vette so it’s going to lay dirty gapes on cars that are twice the price. We already know this 

1 minute ago, Duke KaBoom said:

It’s a vette so it’s going to lay dirty gapes on cars that are twice the price. We already know this 

Im sure it will gape with prejudice.  I want awd with that kind of pah cuz its gotta go around corners.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Im sure it will gape with prejudice.  I want awd with that kind of pah cuz its gotta go around corners.

Might have to wait for z06 or zr1 

57 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I think they just ruined the corvette appearance like they did with their pickup designs.  Pretty bad.  It looked better in camouflage.

You’re retarded 

• Like 1