Check your account email address ×

Yo Snacks

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Our boat has twin 787s in it at 110hp a piece. It's pretty fun.....great for tubing and I really love not having a prop in the water when the kids are tubing etc

if you are driving then i agree. me behind the wheel never a problem.  come to think of it i'm on 15 years with my little propped 150 and everyone still has original body parts.....   :bigfinger:

1 hour ago, jammin said:

if you are driving then i agree. me behind the wheel never a problem.  come to think of it i'm on 15 years with my little propped 150 and everyone still has original body parts.....   :bigfinger:

Yah....you drive like Flanders taking the kids to church on Sunday morning

3 hours ago, jammin said:

Not knocking Ben's way of doing things, each to their own, but I am the same. My wife and I lived on the water with our son and his buds and all of them still have all their body parts as well. Having a spotter, (legal requirement in Canada) easily seen life jackets, and a zero tolorence for alcohol while doing watersports is a must. 

It is also never my intention to get people off of tubes. Giving them a great ride with plenty of whips and miles of smiles is what it is all about. Those that drive like idiots trying to intentionally dump people at excessive speeds are stupid, imo.

Edited by irv
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, irv said:

Not knocking Ben's way of doing things, each to their own, but I am the same. My wife and I lived on the water with our son and his buds and all of them still have all their body parts as well. Having a spotter, (legal requirement in Canada) easily seen life jackets, and a zero tolorence for alcohol while doing watersports is a must. 

It is also never my intention to get people off of tubes. Giving them a great ride with plenty of whips and miles of smiles is what it is all about. Those that drive like idiots trying to intentionally dump people at excessive speeds are stupid, imo.

I've spent countless hours in a propped boat towing and being towed and we never had an issue. It's just one less thing to worry about not having a prop in the water. 

One of my best friends little cousins fell out of the boat when she was 5 and got hit in the face by the prop. Her dad was driving. She lived and is ok today but it cost that family a marriage and tons of hours of surgeries and pain.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've spent countless hours in a propped boat towing and being towed and we never had an issue. It's just one less thing to worry about not having a prop in the water. 

One of my best friends little cousins fell out of the boat when she was 5 and got hit in the face by the prop. Her dad was driving. She lived and is ok today but it cost that family a marriage and tons of hours of surgeries and pain.

I get that, and like I said, each to their own. What was story about the dad and why did it cost him/them their marriage? Was alcohol involved or was it utter stupidity? 

I see this is becoming more and more popular and although I don't know the dangers fully it looks like it would be very easy to get struck by the prop if one were to fall. Imo, this is just stupidiy waiting for an accident to happen but like this guy says, having the proper boat (inboard) is a must.

Edited by irv

6 minutes ago, irv said:

I get that, and like I said, each to their own. What was story about the dad and why did it cost him/them their marriage? Was alcohol involved or was it utter stupidity? 

I see this is becoming more and more popular and although I don't know the dangers fully it looks like it would be very easy to get struck by the prop if one were to fall. Imo, this is just stupidiy waiting for an accident to happen but like this guy says, having the proper boat (inboard) is a must.

Wasnt anyones fault....just a freak accident. I believe he didnt see her fall out and turned the wrong way when someone screamed.

He fell into drugs and alcohol and the whole family dealt with serious stress for years after that.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wasnt anyones fault....just a freak accident. I believe he didnt see her fall out and turned the wrong way when someone screamed.

He fell into drugs and alcohol and the whole family dealt with serious stress for years after that.

:sad:    I know we all don't think the same nor do things sometimes that make sense after the fact, but no one walks around my boat while I am under way, ever, but then again my boat isn't designed for that so of course it would be much different on a much larger boat. 

I see things out on the water sometimes that just make me shake my head in disbelieve!! Too bad common sense isn't more common than what it is! 

Edited by irv

18 minutes ago, irv said:

the prop is literally right underneath the boat. Never heard of any type of injury from surfing behind a wake boat, ever.

Just now, frenchy said:

the prop is literally right underneath the boat. Never heard of any type of injury from surfing behind a wake boat, ever.

On this particular boat. The trouble is I see people doing this type of thing behind stern drives and outboards. That is what I am referring too. 

Just now, irv said:

On this particular boat. The trouble is I see people doing this type of thing behind stern drives and outboards. That is what I am referring too. 

never seen that. What kind of idiot even attempts to do that?

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

No shit...frightening that someone would do that...SMH.

I’ve had a couple stern drives and I was always overly careful especially after anchoring and swimming all day and then making sure nobody was in the water before I fired her up...you get a big group rafted off each other with people all over the place it can get dicey....throw in the fact that most were half in the bag and sun baked....eeesshh. 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, frenchy said:

They're around. Like I said, some of the things I see on my small lake alone are enough to make me shake my head! When my son was younger, I cringed at taking him out tubing/kneeboarding on the weekends sometimes due to the idiots out there. 

Between my spot and an island close by, I mark stumps every year, as does the water association in places, and you won't believe, despite those jugs being clearly visible, how many people still come through there trimmed fully down or plowing through rather than idling through at trolling speed.

Last weekend I just stopped a large boat from going through there by waving my arms on the dock. I almost said f*ck it as it gets tiring but I knew I'd likely have to tow the guy home or to where ever he launched so I thought I'd save myself some grief. 

Edited by irv

Wake surfing is incredibly fun.  Modern wake setters are bad ass.  I can't believe how expensive a truly state of the art wake setter is.  

I'm in the market for a new boat for Havasu.  It will most likely be a little sport jet similar to what I have only much more modern.  

If money were no object I would get one of these.

23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wake surfing is incredibly fun.  Modern wake setters are bad ass.  I can't believe how expensive a truly state of the art wake setter is.  

I'm in the market for a new boat for Havasu.  It will most likely be a little sport jet similar to what I have only much more modern.  

If money were no object I would get one of these.

You would not believe what they get for a new Pavati$$$$$.

14 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You would not believe what they get for a new Pavati$$$$$.

$250,000.  There are at least 3 in Havasu.  The black and gold one in that video is a local guy.  

For about $100,000 less you can get a Super Air Nautique.  This is a bad ass boat too.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is a place on Walloon Lake...Tommy’s.....that sells a lot of those boats...Lake is full of them. 

https://www.tommyswalloon.com/

I just clicked through his new inventory.  Wowza, he has some super nice wake boats in stock.  

A quick review of Walloon lake and man it sure looks like a cool place too.  Do lakes like Walloon and Charlevoix freeze over during winter? 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

$250,000.  There are at least 3 in Havasu.  The black and gold one in that video is a local guy.  

For about $100,000 less you can get a Super Air Nautique.  This is a bad ass boat too.

WOW!! O.o  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised seeing what Ranger bass boats go for these days as well as the overall increase in boat prices the last few years!

45 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I just clicked through his new inventory.  Wowza, he has some super nice wake boats in stock.  

A quick review of Walloon lake and man it sure looks like a cool place too.  Do lakes like Walloon and Charlevoix freeze over during winter? 

Walloon is a pretty cool lake...there is ALOT of money around there. Yes they both freeze...good ice fishing on both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is a place on Walloon Lake...Tommy’s.....that sells a lot of those boats...Lake is full of them. 

https://www.tommyswalloon.com/

They got a nice slightly used one for you. :bc: 

https://www.tommyswalloon.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=7381438&p=1&s=Year&d=D&l=walloon&fr=xPreOwnedInventory#unit-details-info-heading

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Ha...would have been perfect for Boyne Thunder!!

• Like 1