Yo Snacks

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

How fast will those go?? I seen some RC stuff that really moves out..

I’ve had the green one up to 57.8 mph.  That was right before lift off Lol. I just started upgrading the red

catamaran. once I get the set up figured out it should get 60. They are fun as hell and always draw a crowd. 

13 minutes ago, s pump said:

Me too

15631179830543453524239804647366.jpg

Very cool GMan.  Are you still moored in Mystic?  That was West Cove or something like that right?  

I'm gonna come back some day soon in my own motorhome and stay in the area for a while.  

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Could just put small turbo 4tec engines on those boats.....be more reliable and costs 100s of thousands less than gay mercurys

How many 4tec's would it take to make 3500HP and how many hours could you get between rebuilds.  

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How many 4tec's would it take to make 3500HP and how many hours could you get between rebuilds

500hp per would be totally reasonable at 7500 rpm with good fuel. I'd expect reasonable rebuild times on par with any high performance build

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

500hp per would be totally reasonable at 7500 rpm with good fuel. I'd expect reasonable rebuild times on par with any high performance build

Wow, that's a bunch.  I would assume the fuel burn would be similar to any other high performance 4 stroke?   HP/12 = Fuel Burn in GPH. 

I wonder why Mercury Racing or anyone else for that matter, isn't using the 4tec in their big offshore race boats.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to justify a new boat for Havasu.  Rotax introduced a new power package late last year and it has really upped the game in Sport Jet segment.  At this time the engine and pump package is only offered in the new Scarab sport jets.  I'm leery of the Scarab product as they don't have a great record of build quality or dealer support.  They are getting better but still far behind Yamaha or even the Sea Doo boats before they quit making boats in 2012.  

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Those big engine fast boats don't really do anything for me. If I ever have so much money that I need to burn it up in a weekend I'll get one of those. In the meantime, I'll take a mini yacht!

6872267_20181016102053698_1_LARGE.jpg

I forgot what kind it is but I do remember seeing that exact image in boating magazines and I remember seeing draft specs / MSRP #  which is 5'  and $2.9m which is steep requirements lol 

6 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I forgot what kind it is but I do remember seeing that exact image in boating magazines and I remember seeing draft specs / MSRP #  which is 5'  and $2.9m which is steep requirements lol 

Yachts are not for broke ass niggas. 

If I were ever to consider something like that I think I would just lease it. Those can be hard to get rid of if you get bored with it. 

Edited by Anler

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yachts are not for broke ass niggas. 

If I were ever to consider something like that I think I would just lease it. Those can be hard to get rid of if you get bored with it. 

That's too enclosed imo ...

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Could just put small turbo 4tec engines on those boats.....be more reliable and costs 100s of thousands less than gay mercurys

Sea doo has a 350 hp sea doo moteur sea doo is Luke ski doo but for the sea 

Just now, Duke KaBoom said:

Sea doo has a 350 hp sea doo moteur sea doo is Luke ski doo but for the sea 

Yes seadoo has several supercharged 4tec rolling around. 

43 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

It’s like a ski doo for the sea 

Our boat has twin 787s in it at 110hp a piece. It's pretty fun.....great for tubing and I really love not having a prop in the water when the kids are tubing etc

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Our boat has twin 787s in it at 110hp a piece. It's pretty fun.....great for tubing and I really love not having a prop in the water when the kids are tubing etc

I've never worked on one but I'm guessing impellers and nozzles are more reliable and easier to work on than outdrives.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I've never worked on one but I'm guessing impellers and nozzles are more reliable and easier to work on than outdrives.

I'd say they are more reliable for sure.....cant get any simpler to work on either.