Yo Snacks

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You fuckin faggot - no reporting/thread for Boyne Thunder today?

wtf.gif.2c5fc5df71859e55d086517426281d17.gif

That's where I belong. In a 47' Fountain with triple 1750s. 

Boyne Thunder is bad ass.  Some of those same boats were in Havasu in April for Desert Storm.  I doubt they can hit the speeds on Lake Michigan that they can hit on Havasu but it's still an incredible experience.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

bet it cost $300 per hour to run in that yellow/blue boat video. 

If you're talking about the Yellow/Blue Boat right at the beginning of the video you might be close but a little low, more like $500/hr in fuel alone.  If you watch from about 1:05 to 2 minutes those boats are on a whole nother level of bad ass.  The boats in that section of the video likely have the Mercury Racing Dual Cal or QC4V series of engines.  Either 1350HP, 1650HP or the new QC4V 1750HP engines.  

The QC4V 1650 and 1750 engines burn about 150GPH each and they require 112-117 octane race fuel.  All those boats in the middle had twin engines.  At WOT those boats burn over $3000 of fuel per hour.  Obviously they can't run them for an hour straight in water like that but on a nice smooth lake those boats will burn through C notes faster than you can even think.  

The QV4C 1750 was released to race teams in 2017 and to the general public last year.  Short of a turbine there is nothing out there that can really touch it for long term reliable horse power.  

https://www.mercuryracing.com/sterndrives/engines/1750-competition/

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Looks like you have it covered....good work.

I prefer the pier and beach when it's not packed with jerkoffs.  

The event does raise a lot of money for a good cause...good bunch of people. :ylsuper:

https://boynethunder.com/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Those big engine fast boats don't really do anything for me. If I ever have so much money that I need to burn it up in a weekend I'll get one of those. In the meantime, I'll take a mini yacht!

6872267_20181016102053698_1_LARGE.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Looks like you have it covered....good work.

I prefer the pier and beach when it's not packed with jerkoffs.  

The event does raise a lot of money for a good cause...good bunch of people. :ylsuper:

https://boynethunder.com/

Had to search after I started the thread lol.

Very good cause.

Holy shit AK...never knew the high dollar ones burned that much fuel. Racing gas to boot ...damn. 

24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

How fast will those go?? I seen some RC stuff that really moves out..

Fuck.  I thought they were real!  :lol:

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those big engine fast boats don't really do anything for me. If I ever have so much money that I need to burn it up in a weekend I'll get one of those. In the meantime, I'll take a mini yacht!

I went through a phase where I was looking at a Donzi or a Cigarette (smaller ones)....but after owning two boats prior and reminding myself of the phrase, “the two happiest days of a boater is, the day he buys is and the day he sells it”.  I abstained after the marine inspections.....and I’m so glad.  Had a friend talk me out of a 38 sea ray also.  I thank him too.

Money pits for all but the most dedicated performance boaters.  I’m not one of those.  

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's a poker run ...run what ya brung.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I went through a phase where I was looking at a Donzi or a Cigarette (smaller ones)....but after owning two boats prior and reminding myself of the phrase, “the two happiest days of a boater is, the day he buys is and the day he sells it”.  I abstained after the marine inspections.....and I’m so glad.  Had a friend talk me out of a 38 sea ray also.  I thank him too.

Money pits for all but the most dedicated performance boaters.  I’m not one of those.  

The last couple summers we’ve rented boats here and there. It isn’t cheap but still minuscule compared to what it costs to own one. When I lived on a lake I had 3 boats and used them all the time. Having to pack up all the stuff and drag it to the launch I know it wouldn’t get used much.

Just now, Edmo said:

The last couple summers we’ve rented boats here and there. It isn’t cheap but still minuscule compared to what it costs to own one. When I lived on a lake I had 3 boats and used them all the time. Having to pack up all the stuff and drag it to the launch I know it wouldn’t get used much.

When I had my Liberator it was a bit of a PITA and I lived close to the ramp..a lot easier to walk out to the dock and throw lines. 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That's why I sold my last one and said I will not get another till Im retired and can keep it in the water all summer. 

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I will never buy a boat for that reason. I have enough money pits now.