Trump rails against ‘Fake News’ in bizarre tirade, warns industry will fold when he leaves office

“The White House will be hosting a very big and very important Social Media Summit today. Would I have become President without Social Media? Yes (probably)! At its conclusion, we will all go to the beautiful Rose Garden for a News Conference on the Census and Citizenship.” Trump began. “A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit will be the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain companies. We will not let them get away with it much longer. The Fake News Media will also be there, but for a limited period.”

He continued: “The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady,” Trump tweeted. (The president apparently confused his dates, as the escalator ride he referenced happened in June 2015 when he announced his presidential bid.)

“When I ultimately leave office in six years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other.”

Thursday's tweet was not the first time the president joked about staying in office past the two-term limit. Last month, Trump tweeted a video about running "4eva."

uOhpk1p3CVqxtEJw.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He’s going down as the worst president in US history.

He'll certainly go down as the one who caused you the most pain and suffering but you let that happen. Almost seem to encourage it oddly enough

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

No that will be dubya by a long shot. 

I agree. Truman was even worse than trump. Trump’s claim to fame will be the dividing of America in a permanent manner. That’ll have consequence which will last for decades. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I agree. Truman was even worse than trump. Trump’s claim to fame will be the dividing of America in a permanent manner. That’ll have consequence which will last for decades. 

dividing America came from the last president

sorry

I almost had to read the tweet twice this morning to try and make sense of it but then, just stopped myself.  Clearly it was another intergalactic caffeine attack with thumbs a ready!!!!!

For the record, Trunp will go down as one of the better presidents based on policy regardless of his weirdness.

Sorry if that sets emotions on fire for America’s weak and stupid.  So weak.  So stupid.  

I lol’ed at this.

A484CB3C-B5C5-4FA7-8527-F27B47D7314D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yes, because trump is the great uniter. :lol: 

You all want divide....YOU GOT IT!  

Dummies. You continue to separate yourselves from America and Americans then blame America and Americans for it.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yes, because trump is the great uniter. :lol: 

I didn't say he was.

But he sure as hell aint solely  responsible like the way you want it to be because of your TDS

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I didn't say he was.

But he sure as hell aint solely  responsible like the way you want it to be because of your TDS

He’s the current president. He’s doing a fantastic job of splitting the country down the middle. There’s plenty of proof in the election returns of just that. Obama compared to trump. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't say he was.

Yup.  These people want divide because of sore feelings.  Let them have it I say.  It’s the political and social equivalent of letting a bratty child scream themselves to sleep.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yup.  These people want divide because of sore feelings.  Let them have it I say.  It’s the political and social equivalent of letting a bratty child scream themselves to sleep.

no doubt some thrive on the topic of divide..

They love it

sick

1 minute ago, Pete said:

no doubt some thrive on the topic of divide..

They love it

sick

You thrived on it for 8 years now you’re crying...shocker!!!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Pete said:

dividing America came from the last president

sorry

Dividing America comes from politics. If you can divide the country into two groups which ever one is slightly larger will, in general, win more elections. Presidents contribute but they are hardly the primary factor.

Just now, Kivalo said:

Dividing America comes from politics. If you can divide the country into two groups which ever one is slightly larger will, in general, win more elections. Presidents contribute but they are hardly the primary factor.

The President was the primary factor when the President was black according to some...now...not so much.

• Gold Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The President was the primary factor when the President was black according to some...now...not so much.

Keeping the stupid pointing at a figurehead while the machine rolls on.  :bc:

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

That’s inaccurate. The minority that elects the president will eventually become smaller thanks to governmental manipulation using the electoral congress. It’s why this administration wants the census question on citizenship added. It’s to reshape the map of representation. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

That’s inaccurate. The minority that elects the president will eventually become smaller thanks to governmental manipulation using the electoral congress. It’s why this administration wants the census question on citizenship added. It’s to reshape the map of representation. 

No. Those are simply some of the tools each side uses to accomplish the over all goal of divide and conquer. What I said, in a broad sense, is completely accurate.