Aged Cheddar

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That rat trap rocks

In 1972 we rode sleds in Wakefield, NH in the Great East area....no groomed trails back then. Anyways my best friends parents had a old camp off the lake. My buds dad always took his sled up on Thursday night and the boys would go up Friday night. His dad says stop on the way at Calefs and get me a pound of Rat Trap cheese. We said WTF is that shit? He said just pick up some. Needless to say the 4 of us ate the entire pound with a six pack of Shlitz in my old Econoline van on the way up. His dad was bullshit. The next weekend up we bought 2 pounds. Good times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

In 1972 we rode sleds in Wakefield, NH in the Great East area....no groomed trails back then. Anyways my best friends parents had a old camp off the lake. My buds dad always took his sled up on Thursday night and the boys would go up Friday night. His dad says stop on the way at Calefs and get me a pound of Rat Trap cheese. We said WTF is that shit? He said just pick up some. Needless to say the 4 of us ate the entire pound with a six pack of Shlitz in my old Econoline van on the way up. His dad was bullshit. The next weekend up we bought 2 pounds. Good times!

Haha...that is great. :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Its addictive

On 7/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, Pete said:

Christ I bet we passed each other at some point lol

We rode the same areas. Rented in Oquossoc just down the street from Koobs

On 7/10/2019 at 9:04 PM, ckf said:

What the hell was the name of the restaurant right there in Oquossoc at that time? 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, 03classic700 said:

gingerbread?

Edit Four seasons cafe just reread post it was near koobs

Any of you guyz familiar with the Bear Guiding outfitter that was right there in Oquossoc? 

Guys name was Russ. It was named something ROCK GUIDE SERVICE, then he later changed the name to something BROOK Guide Service.

Right near the Snowmobile dealer.

Shitty outfit. The State of Maine shut him down. With the advent of the internet, bad people get outed within minutes. 

Thank God for the internet, or he'd still be ripping people off. 

A couple of his guides were real fucksticks. 

INDIAN ROCK Guide service, then changed to Abbott Brook Guide service. Right there on Carry Road. 

Did you guyz know of the place? 

If you went by the boat/sled place heading toward Mooselook Lake, it was on the right, right after the boat dealer.