Airbus Poised to Overtake Boeing as Biggest Plane Maker

• USA Contributing Member
6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

"Boeing’s official order book doesn’t yet reflect a blockbuster deal for 200 MAX planes from British Airways’ parent International Consolidated Airlines Group SA announced at the Paris show."

Boeing will get through this.

To put things in perspective Airbus has had the continuous unfair advantage provided by Europe:

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2019/march/wto-rejects-claims-us-provides

Keep rooting against the US.

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

"Boeing’s official order book doesn’t yet reflect a blockbuster deal for 200 MAX planes from British Airways’ parent International Consolidated Airlines Group SA announced at the Paris show."

Boeing will get through this.

To put things in perspective Airbus has had the continuous unfair advantage provided by Europe:

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2019/march/wto-rejects-claims-us-provides

Keep rooting against the US.

I’m buying Boeing stock. It’s a killer deal right now. Killer. So just go away. 

Airbus is still behind Boeing in many ways. Most notably in the composit fuselage area. Add to that Airbus tends to be a little tone deaf when it comes to listening to the customer. To make gains in efficiency Airbus has turned to it's "NEO" plan or new engine option which relies on American mfg like Pratt and Whitney. The Airbus has dirty wings as well which is another area they trail in.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Airbus is still behind Boeing in many ways. Most notably in the composit fuselage area. Add to that Airbus tends to be a little tone deaf when it comes to listening to the customer. To make gains in efficiency Airbus has turned to it's "NEO" plan or new engine option which relies on American mfg like Pratt and Whitney. The Airbus has dirty wings as well which is another area they trail in.

Boeing has a great structural base, but boy howdy, have they lost their way. There’s some major restructuring and house cleaning happening and rightfully so. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Boeing has a great structural base, but boy howdy, have they lost their way. There’s some major restructuring and house cleaning happening and rightfully so. 

I have often said Boeing unlike Airbus can't afford to make mistakes because they are not backed by the government. The Concorde was a huge financial black hole that would have killed any private company and just for good measure they did the same thing again with the A380. Boeing is good at making the planes airlines want and for that reason I think they get through this.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I have often said Boeing unlike Airbus can't afford to make mistakes because they are not backed by the government. The Concorde was a huge financial black hole that would have killed any private company and just for good measure they did the same thing again with the A380. Boeing is good at making the planes airlines want and for that reason I think they get through this.

Boing will be fine and back on top pretty soon I'd bet.  Spinner is just happy to see foreign companies taking over America's spot in the market.  He's sad that way.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Boing will be fine and back on top pretty soon I'd bet.  Spinner is just happy to see foreign companies taking over America's spot in the market.  He's sad that way.

Americans win either way as much of what goes into Boeing and Airbus comes from the states.

42 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Boeing most certainly is backed by the government. It’s in the form of military contracts. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

dirty as in flying dirty with landing gear down or dirty as in needs some soap and water?

Been flying upwards of 100k miles a year for the past 8 years or so.  If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going.  Took a trip to Germany on a Lufthansa 747-400 earlier this year.  Airbus will never make anything as comfortable and as impressive as that 40 year old airframe.  I've gone to Europe on A340s before too.  They're kinda "meh."

My pilot buddy hates flying Airbus with their joystick.  Says it's "goofy French engineering."

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Been flying upwards of 100k miles a year for the past 8 years or so.  If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going.  Took a trip to Germany on a Lufthansa 747-400 earlier this year.  Airbus will never make anything as comfortable and as impressive as that 40 year old airframe.  I've gone to Europe on A340s before too.  They're kinda "meh."

My pilot buddy hates flying Airbus with their joystick.  Says it's "goofy French engineering."

Book a flight on the 737 and give everyone some hope. 

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

dirty as in flying dirty with landing gear down or dirty as in needs some soap and water?

They have a lot of mechanical boxes under the wing for flaps that add to drag.  Boeing planes have them as well but less of them and smaller.

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Book a flight on the 737 and give everyone some hope. 

Been on 737s probably 10 times since they grounded the MAX.  It's a fine airframe.