Debt is 25% higher since trump took office.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Why do you think the stock market is so high? Now theyre gonna drop interest rates and fire up the money presses. :lol: 

China is gonna call in our debt. It’s 27% of our total debt.

Edited by Mainecat

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

China is gonna call in our debt.

Please explain to me how that process looks.....I'm dying to know what's rattling around in your melon

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Please explain to me how that process looks.....I'm dying to know what's rattling around in your melon

They can stop buying debt or call it in OR use it against the US trade. That will cost consumers more.

https://fortune.com/2018/03/22/china-tariff-donald-trump-us-debt/

I suppose Russia could back us eh?

Edited by Mainecat

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What does "call it in" mean MC :lol:

They just show up at any conveniently located world bank branch, sign a withdrawal slip, click the ‘withdraw from US Treasury’  box, write ONE TRILLION DOLLARS on the amount line and whammo! Done! 

What a dope :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, frenchy said:

They just show up at any conveniently located world bank branch, sign a withdrawal slip, click the ‘withdraw from US Treasury’  box, write ONE TRILLION DOLLARS on the amount line and whammo! Done! 

Huh , I thought they waltz the fuck in with a 2030 calender and said lookie here motherfucker . The bond matured.

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

I pictured more like them having a sticky note that says IOU 1 TRILLY Signed Sam

They would probably text it in though cause no one calls any more lolz

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

China is gonna call in our debt. It’s 27% of our total debt.

China doesn't call in the debt dummy. They can dump their treasury notes like they have been doing. I don't think they own as much of our debt as you think. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

China doesn't call in the debt dummy. They can dump their treasury notes like they have been doing. I don't think they own as much of our debt as you think. 

I read it’s a little over a trillion in bonds, but who knows for sure. They have been de-investing 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I read it’s a little over a trillion in bonds, but who knows for sure. They have been de-investing 

It used to be over $4 trillion. China and Russia started dumping our treasury notes years ago.