• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

they have plenty of control,  only take out loans you can afford to pay back in a short period.  Deferring and forbearance will kill you with interest so don't do it,  get a degree that will get you a job and don;t go to super expensive schools.   My kids will be making payments on theirs while they are in school so that does not happen.  

Yes, gaze into your crystal ball and predict the future...

:lol:

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

they have plenty of control,  only take out loans you can afford to pay back in a short period.  Deferring and forbearance will kill you with interest so don't do it,  get a degree that will get you a job and don;t go to super expensive schools.   My kids will be making payments on theirs while they are in school so that does not happen.  

51663301_1210240782459456_8856572024366039040_n.jpg

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

well it's not to hard to know that spending 150k on an african studies degree isn't going to get you a job to pay it back.  I had to have the conversation with my son when he said he wanted to be a history major.  Unless he was going to grad school while teaching it certainly wasn't going to pay the bills.  i had to make that same choice in 1990 when i wanted to study history as well but realized making money was more important as i had 35k in student loans back then which was more than my kids will have.  

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well it's not to hard to know that spending 150k on an african studies degree isn't going to get you a job to pay it back.  I had to have the conversation with my son when he said he wanted to be a history major.  Unless he was going to grad school while teaching it certainly wasn't going to pay the bills.  i had to make that same choice in 1990 when i wanted to study history as well but realized making money was more important as i had 35k in student loans back then which was more than my kids will have.  

Right, because the vast majority of student loan debt was taken out and frivolously spent on flights of fancy like underwater basket weaving and navel gazing.

It's not like college kids grew up in a hyper competitive labor market complete with inflated costs of education, predatory lenders, and 40 years of stagnant wages or anything...

Everyone: "Banks are literally robbing college kids"

Old white dudes: "dey shulda got a edukashun"

Edited by motonoggin

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Right, because the vast majority of student loan debt was taken out and frivolously spent on flights of fancy like underwater basket weaving and navel gazing.

It's not like college kids grew up in a hyper competitive labor market complete with inflated costs of education, predatory lenders, and 40 years of stagnant wages or anything...

Everyone: "Banks are literally robbing college kids"

Old white dudes: "dey shulda got a edukashun"

Angry much??? 

Must suck to be you....

• Platinum Contributing Member

THe people suffering from student loan debt didn't get a degree . They dropped out and are making the same money as folks who never accured any student loan debt. Those who graduated with a real degree understand that because of said degree they are making more money then without it. Therefore there is nothing wrong with taking some of that " more money" and using it to pay for what allows them to make more in the first place.

6 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Angry much??? 

Must suck to be you....

My folks didn’t have college money so I didn’t go. Put myself through tech school, it was cheap. Ended up making similar dough as my college friends. I know lots of tradesman that make really good dough. You don’t need a 150k loan or a degree to succeed IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Angry much??? 

Must suck to be you....

Who the fuck are you again? If you aren't angry about the situation, you're a mindless fucking zombie and should probably do humanity a favor and kill yourself.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

My folks didn’t have college money so I didn’t go. Put myself through tech school, it was cheap. Ended up making similar dough as my college friends. I know lots of tradesman that make really good dough. You don’t need a 150k loan or a degree to succeed IMO.

The original meme that started this discussion was about a loan for less than $30k.

43 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

THe people suffering from student loan debt didn't get a degree . They dropped out and are making the same money as folks who never accured any student loan debt. Those who graduated with a real degree understand that because of said degree they are making more money then without it. Therefore there is nothing wrong with taking some of that " more money" and using it to pay for what allows them to make more in the first place.

Yeah you'd like to think it works like that, but it doesn't.