Meme thread

38 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

This kid should be the TIME person of the year and win the Nobel prize.  He's actually doing something to help the planet, but he's not a media darling who yells at grownups...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

2 hours ago, Matt said:

This kid should be the TIME person of the year and win the Nobel prize.  He's actually doing something to help the planet, but he's not a media darling who yells at grownups...

Boyan is da man, no doubt.  But keep in mind that Time Person of the Year is more about what person or group of persons made the greatest impact on the news that year.  As awesome as Boyan is, even his biggest fans here haven’t started a single thread in his honor.  I mean, Elon Musk has never been person of the year either nor has he been awarded a Nobel prize.  On the other hand, Hitler was person of the year in ‘38 and Stalin was named person of the year in ‘39 and ‘42.  Ayatollah Khomeini was named in ‘79.  Greta is not only way less controversial than those figures but she is the impetus for about 3 threads a week here on FSCE.  I glanced at HCS and it looked like she was making buzz there too.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Boyan is da man, no doubt.  But keep in mind that Time Person of the Year is more about what person or group of persons made the greatest impact on the news that year.  As awesome as Boyan is, even his biggest fans here haven’t started a single thread in his honor.  I mean, Elon Musk has never been person of the year either nor has he been awarded a Nobel prize.  On the other hand, Hitler was person of the year in ‘38 and Stalin was named person of the year in ‘39 and ‘42.  Ayatollah Khomeini was named in ‘79.  Greta is not only way less controversial than those figures but she is the impetus for about 3 threads a week here on FSCE.  I glanced at HCS and it looked like she was making buzz there too.  

Great ideas/ideals...too bad they weren't her own.  She was coached through every "speech" she made.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well not word for word but the meaning is pretty much spot on.

ROBIN ROBERTS: What do you wish you could tell your pre White House self?

MICHELLE OBAMA: Whew. You know the hard parts were the things that I expected. That it was gonna be hard, you know? So much of this country lives in isolation and we just don't know each other. And so there were people who didn't know what a black woman was and sounded like. And so I knew that I'd have to earn my grace.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/transcript-gma-anchor-robin-roberts-interviews-lady-michelle-59127771

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1