• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

23 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

The Irish fully embraced whiteness in the late 19th early 20th century. 

Your parents are white.  You children are white.  You are white.  Try not to deny it.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ummm, wrong.  I've eaten Mexican food in almost every state in the union and a half dozen cities in Mexico.  The west coast is definitely not the best.  Mexican food on the west coast is doused in large quantities of chili power.  It's complete shit.  The only decent mexican food on the west coast comes from the little road side taco stand where the guys behind the window speak no english.  That is a fact.  

So where's the best Mexican food in the US? :dunno:

Just now, SSFB said:

So where's the best Mexican food in the US? :dunno:

One of the best plates of Mexican food I have ever had was at MiCasas in New London CT.  The Asteca in North West DC is good but very expensive.  Uncle Julios in Rockville MD is very good.  Taqueria Habanero in DC is very good.  Espita Mezcaleria in downtown DC is great mexican food.  

I've had decent mexican food in Phoenix.  Hole in the wall places where a plate of enchiladas is $6.99.  

I'm just not a fan of the heavy chili powder mexican food.  I like a much lighter sauce that isn't based on chili powder.   Most of the mexican food in the southwest is covered in gravy sauce made with chili powder.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

One of the best plates of Mexican food I have ever had was at MiCasas in New London CT.  The Asteca in North West DC is good but very expensive.  Uncle Julios in Rockville MD is very good.  Taqueria Habanero in DC is very good.  Espita Mezcaleria in downtown DC is great mexican food.  

I've had decent mexican food in Phoenix.  Hole in the wall places where a plate of enchiladas is $6.99.  

I'm just not a fan of the heavy chili powder mexican food.  I like a much lighter sauce that isn't based on chili powder.   Most of the mexican food in the southwest is covered in gravy sauce made with chili powder.  

You'd hate my tacos, chili powder is a key ingredient. :lol: :bc:

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I agree 100%. Chili powder is for chili. Gringo Mexican food is just that. If they have chimmy chongas on the menu, it’s white people food. The best places are the ones that don’t have the menu written in English.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I agree 100%. Chili powder is for chili. Gringo Mexican food is just that. If they have chimmy chongas on the menu, it’s white people food. The best places are the ones that don’t have the menu written in English.

Hahaha.  That is an absolute fact.  

One thing I will give the southwest is their chips and salsa.  They serve very good salsa, very thin hot chips and a runny bean dip that is bad ass.  It's a staple in almost every decent mexican restaurant in the southwest.  

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  That is an absolute fact.  

One thing I will give the southwest is their chips and salsa.  They serve very good salsa, very thin hot chips and a runny bean dip that is bad ass.  It's a staple in almost every decent mexican restaurant in the southwest.  

Put this in you file for when you are in Elk Grove again. This store has a taco stand in the back. Only about 6 stools to sit,so I always take out. Their tacos are some of the best I’ve had. @Edmo, do you know about this place? You should.

3BC481B8-2233-4F16-901A-1F465FF91CA2.png

Edited by Woodtick

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Put this in you file for when you are in Elk Grove again. This store has a taco stand in the back. Only about 6 stools to sit,so I always take out. Their tacos are some of the best I’ve had. 

3BC481B8-2233-4F16-901A-1F465FF91CA2.png

Oh man  I will try that place for sure.  I've been to the Tapalpa Mexican Food place off Arlington Heights rd a few times.  Its decent.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh man  I will try that place for sure.  I've been to the Tapalpa Mexican Food place off Arlington Heights rd a few times.  Its decent.  

What ever you do, don’t go to Sweet Baby Rays restaurant. Lalos has a all you can eat Mexican lunch buffet that is ok for the price. They are well known for their margaritas. I work up in that area all the time.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Chicago :news:

I have a feeling you aren't far off.  Big cities have great mexican food. They have great food of all flavors.  One of my favorite things about big cities is all the great food.  

32 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Tacos with lettuce, tomato and cheese is gringo tacos. Also burritos are for gringos. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Tacos with lettuce, tomato and cheese is gringo tacos. Also burritos are for gringos. 

You forgot they need to be on two layer corn,not flour.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I have a feeling you aren't far off.  Big cities have great mexican food. They have great food of all flavors.  One of my favorite things about big cities is all the great food.  

There's alot of Mexicans in Chicago but many come from all over Mexico and the styles can be different just like in the US. 

My job takes me all over so I have found some hidden gems around town. It's funny because when we have meetings close to one we always try to schedule it close to lunch. 

Just now, Anler said:

There's alot of Mexicans in Chicago but many come from all over Mexico and the styles can be different just like in the US. 

My job takes me all over so I have found some hidden gems around town. It's funny because when we have meetings close to one we always try to schedule it close to lunch. 

I am positive there is good mexican food in and around Chicago.