• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

16 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Screenshot_20190224-081204_Meme Generator Free.jpg

That happened to my wife when she got her new enclave. She tells me "It feels like the car is shutting off when I stop" so when I am driving it we stop and it turns off. She says "see! It just shut off!" I look at the tachometer and it says "auto stop" :lol:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That happened to my wife when she got her new enclave. She tells me "It feels like the car is shutting off when I stop" so when I am driving it we stop and it turns off. She says "see! It just shut off!" I look at the tachometer and it says "auto stop" :lol:

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

hate the auto stop on the highlander,  i shut it right off

It completely shuts off, or just cuts cylinders? It has to engage the starter to kick back on? How long does it take to shut down, after 30sec or what? Do you get instant power when it turns back on? I can think of many other stupid questions as to why and what could go wrong with this. That seems like a horrible system!

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

It completely shuts off, or just cuts cylinders? It has to engage the starter to kick back on? How long does it take to shut down, after 30sec or what? Do you get instant power when it turns back on? I can think of many other stupid questions as to why and what could go wrong with this. That seems like a horrible system!

It's pretty annoying actually but yeah I think it completely shuts off and the starter does engage for like a milisecond when you take your foot off the brake. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's pretty annoying actually but yeah I think it completely shuts off and the starter does engage for like a milisecond when you take your foot off the brake. 

They have chips to remove that feature that won’t mess with the warranty. It works through the memory seat function. If it has the tow package? You can buy one of those brake lights that go in the receiver. This fools the computer to think you are towing and won’t shut the engine off. Just plug in auto engine stop feature with your year and model in a search. Tons of ways to delete, each model is different.

262706BE-4F1F-4D36-AE8E-406EBF5BBC78.png

Edited by Woodtick
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They have chips to remove that feature that won’t mess with the warranty. It works through the memory seat function. If it has the tow package? You can buy one of those brake lights that go in the receiver. This fools the computer to think you are towing and won’t shut the engine off.

I think you can shut it off thru the vehicle features. I don't drive it that much so I do really care. 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't think so

Just looked it up. It can be done on your wife’s car but it’s not a simple button. It has to be done through the shifter every time you start the car. = pain in the ass. I know people that have bought these and are read happy with them.https://www.smartstopstart.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInrPjpuLU4AIVWyCtBh0XtgL5EAMYAiAAEgJpYPD_BwE