Arctic cat dissolve their factory race team and dept?

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

1st- No fucking shit.  

2nd- it was until it wasn’t.  Isoc actually did something right.  Racing was excellent and it was a better show.  You could tell the pro riders were much off the old pace at all.

Duluth hits record numbers every year.  If the snow is good, ticket sales are there.  Your information is “false flag”.  :lol2:

But once there is rideable snow on the ground people are going to choose to ride not watch. They should just pull the plug on all factory race departments and people can run stock sleds if they want to race 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

But once there is rideable snow on the ground people are going to choose to ride not watch. They should just pull the plug on all factory race departments and people can run stock sleds if they want to race 

Actually, more snow results in more people attending and watching the racing.  Less snow has the opposite affect.  

Bold: You know, in a weird way....this is actually a good idea!!!  Manus would have to build their machines beefier or risk having them seen being broken down and crumpled up on the side of the track.

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

There really isn’t much left to develop on a sled anymore plus the cost of a new sled is insane. 

Lots of development still happening.  Look how Cat dominated 2 years ago with the 136.  This last year everyone changed to a 136 also.  Doo was a good runner and everyone was chasing them.

Lol...just got a text back from a guy that retired from Cat and still tests their sleds I asked if Cat was cutting racing out.  His response:

”Are you on crack?”

:lol:

So who fucking knows what is going on.

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

There really isn’t much left to develop on a sled anymore plus the cost of a new sled is insane. 

New cats spring order were decent 

48 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Mountain sleds and maybe some utility type sleds is all that will be left in a decade or 2 cause trail riding is gay.

old guys are the ones with the disposable income .

but you are correct about no trail system in a decade or so . no young guys joining and very few older guys joining to maintain the system will not end well . 

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

old guys are the ones with the disposable income .

but you are correct about no trail system in a decade or so . no young guys joining and very few older guys joining to maintain the system will not end well . 

Yeah, we’ve discussed this on HCS in the past.  A lot of these old guys (the old guard) share a lot of the responsibility for fucking up their own clubs and curtailing memberships.  Not all, but I’ve seen some idiocy that’s hard to describe.  

Still, I have hope.  We’ve got some good local younger guys stepping up and taking over.  

Young guys dont give a shit about trail. They want to be in the deep snow. Trail riding is ready for life support. Mountain guys buy new sleds like they change underwear. Trail guys dont buy enough sleds anymore to make it worth while for manu's.

Mtn sleds have the next latest and greatest thing every year now, just like when trail sleds used to have that shit 25 years ago. All the resources are going to mtn sleds.

Just the truth. And mtn guys dont use warranty like trail guys because they mod the fuck out of their brand new sleds before it even hits the snow. They blow it up, they fix it themselves and dont cry that the dealer or manu fucked them.

Money used to be on trails. Now its in the mtns.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Legend said:

Young guys dont give a shit about trail. They want to be in the deep snow. Trail riding is ready for life support. Mountain guys buy new sleds like they change underwear. Trail guys dont buy enough sleds anymore to make it worth while for manu's.

Mtn sleds have the next latest and greatest thing every year now, just like when trail sleds used to have that shit 25 years ago. All the resources are going to mtn sleds.

Just the truth. And mtn guys dont use warranty like trail guys because they mod the fuck out of their brand new sleds before it even hits the snow. They blow it up, they fix it themselves and dont cry that the dealer or manu fucked them.

Money used to be on trails. Now its in the mtns.

Crossover segment is huge as well.  These days I have no interest in either.  Couple hundred miles of tight twisty trails are more enjoyable to me than digging my sled out of 10 feet of powder half the day.

qonZB1Gf1_ePGyISS6IGKRsaLsN3ZSH1mo8c7TVX-nKrbQWaKlqw-wwT4TkRqR5ACXVuykMUCPj0o2DxREBBTXKBWu-GurqGCEghwEyrVtP81YkzDhhftC13SyYy_M1j4q5SXSB0xyG7IpitcOupWqrs7NWQwP2Zd2GAaS__Ao0meWQdksbGwC8L__gvuEQjYgwGz-O0xbV0JAMRPZnyhuw8Q79YELtZTQnaCrx4akbrNdT2sAUv7GnKT9bvcHP3UXaBVs7-FieK2Jczk2iFooJM6PAdE5UqqAwgwa3NcxBaj9Alse1vEVLOQZJzRGi8RdjvijYgdpNe3tqtDjfmL2fVap3a16Mdymv54WOysLfH4F3UymBB0gxjgN_BnAk2Lan8ePykbBv8-KMXkSH_GcbFmJPJIraaz1s9QFpNjcj0gc-Imh3Fojd6bBxYCt9EyMKCt8_yTk2bu30bocWY0-D6kwuhPb_MB3Mh-32z8lPT8o88bEj7eb4Ci70-N3TGyVtm-_dHmPv_epvuOdqyieydPbAVo2tLuT1uaHNNVST8ckeKNb9RDcyaaap5LXf6_JwdfrN4jWp7lSEvhXQbhg9ReoaiYcRhsedOoHVAgUNWEhPUwMBW0sRIHFCp0pRUF6Wz8M9V7jSTPUziHJf_VTpMAj176c0=w1204-h903-no

Edited by teamgreen02
  • Like 1

Off trail is a no-no here in Vermont punishable by a severe fine and getting shit on by other riders. Still see lots of long tracks though. Anyhow, if anyone hasn't ridden a trail converted 600 race sled you have no idea how they go. We had a 16 RS 600 that would embarrass many 800 class sleds in 5-600 ft. Way different animal than a consumer sled. If you had the stones and skill it was a formidable weapon on the tight and twisty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Off trail is a no-no here in Vermont punishable by a severe fine and getting shit on by other riders. Still see lots of long tracks though. Anyhow, if anyone hasn't ridden a trail converted 600 race sled you have no idea how they go. We had a 16 RS 600 that would embarrass many 800 class sleds in 5-600 ft. Way different animal than a consumer sled. If you had the stones and skill it was a formidable weapon on the tight and twisty.

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Lets be real here. The "race sleds" have a much higher gears than a trail sled. Take any 800, put the same gears in it as the "race sled" and its back to HP and displacement. And the bigger HP and displacement wins.

A rider with a good thumb who can maintain traction on a 800 without smoking the track will beat a 600 all day. Get some ham fisted mouth breather who slams it to the bars will get smacked around by a 600 all the time.

Most 600 can deliver all their power to the ground without blowing out the track. this is the only advantage a 600 has and in the right conditions can give any 800 fits.

seen it way too many times, 600 jumps out of the hole and 800 digs a hole. LoL

A 600 in the trails does not have enough power to upset the chassis and can be driven quite fast. A 800 that yanks the skis off the ground at 50 takes way more finesse to achieve the same average speed. A good rider will adapt and in the end is faster on the 800 but requires a lot more energy to do so.  

So in the end Ben and Zammy reach the end of the trail with 2 smashed up sleds and they were both the first one there. LoL

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Roosting said:

A rider with a good thumb who can maintain traction on a 800 without smoking the track will beat a 600 all day. Get some ham fisted mouth breather who slams it to the bars will get smacked around by a 600 all the time.

Most 600 can deliver all their power to the ground without blowing out the track. this is the only advantage a 600 has and in the right conditions can give any 800 fits.

A 600 in the trails does not have enough power to upset the chassis and can be driven quite fast. A 800 that yanks the skis off the ground at 50 takes way more finesse to achieve the same average speed. A good rider will adapt and in the end is faster on the 800 but requires a lot more energy to do so.  

So in the end Ben and Zammy reach the end of the trail with 2 smashed up sleds and they were both the first one there. LoL

:goodpost:

2 hours ago, Roosting said:

I had my 800 set up with clutching and gearing similar, but not the same ratios as my SX.  It was a god damn riot.  I mean, stupid fun.  Topped out no more than about 85-90 but could jerk the skis up out of every corner.  It was a hoot....for a very short while, after that is was fatiguing and got old trying to control traction and steering out of corners.  I felt it was a wrestling match.  My buddy on his 600 could punish me after a hard section in the twisties and I could rarely recover.  Sure, I could make up some ground on small straights but not enough.  It was a fun sled but just not the right weapon for how and where I ride.

I’m quicker now from point to point on this 600 than I have EVER been on any 800.  Of course, my set up on this is as good as I think I can ever make one.  The fact I can control torque easier and pin it faster makes it the better CC option.  Am I going to head down to the lakes and rail heads and race it?  No.  But I’m not going to the Blue Oyster Bar looking for hairy asses to crank my wank in either.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:43 PM, Legend said:

Lets be real here. The "race sleds" have a much higher gears than a trail sled. Take any 800, put the same gears in it as the "race sled" and its back to HP and displacement. And the bigger HP and displacement wins.

Nobody leaves race gearing in them for trail conversions. 70-80 would be screaming so really not apples for apples.  I think we went to a 24-25 top. Sled would top out at about 90.