Arctic cat dissolve their factory race team and dept?

11 minutes ago, Doorider said:

That's what I always thought and that's why I'm doing a lightweight Phazer project this summer lol. Stripped down, newer suspension and 1 1/4" track. This thing is gonna rip 🤣

20190612_181233.jpg

20190520_183841.jpg

Patrick Phazey

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Doorider said:

That's what I always thought and that's why I'm doing a lightweight Phazer project this summer lol. Stripped down, newer suspension and 1 1/4" track. This thing is gonna rip 🤣

20190612_181233.jpg

20190520_183841.jpg

Cool project!   :ylsuper:

21 minutes ago, Doorider said:

20190612_181233.jpg

20190520_183841.jpg

Nice! My dad and I started restoring an old Phazer II a number of years back. Tunnel pulled off bulkhead...torn all the way down. Found a NOS primary, Aaen pipe different carbs etc for it. Sadly it never got finished

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

Snowmobile dealers are drying up , Cat dealers seem to be drying up a bit faster than others.

As long as Country Cat is still in business I'm good to go.  The local guys are a joke.

I can get virtually any Cat part overnighted to me for free.  Order in the afternoon, get it the next day around noon.  Pretty handy when you gotta piece something back together in short order for a trip.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Much of my SX sled is a dupe of my procross.  Chassis and bracing is almost identical.  But, we already knew that.

Probably the only reason my sled stayed straight last year.  I would have been on my third Doo by now.

4 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

teamgreen02 ,  Glad  the Country Cat is doing right by it's customers .  MI since July 2018 has lost six Cat dealers  statewide.

Doesn't surprise me.  If Cat is smart, they take this year with spring check only as a chance to clear inventory.  Then launch a new model next year to give their dealer network something new to sell.

The only dealer reasonable for me to get to doesn't stock anything for parts.  Other than belts, oil, and plugs, your gonna be waiting.  Maybe I'd buy a new sled there but other than that, no reason to go back.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The 250 twins went pretty good to.

I never saw it out riding but some guy in my area had a TNT Elan a 1969 or 1970 that was quite a good little machine in the snow.

Just now, 1jkw said:

I never saw it out riding but some guy in my area had a TNT Elan a 1969 or 1970 that was quite a good little machine in the snow.

I had a  used single thumper Elan back in the day , one of the toughest sleds to take a beating on the market. I have never seen or heard of a TNT Elan ? Just the SS twin Elan's 

4 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

I had a  used single thumper Elan back in the day , one of the toughest sleds to take a beating on the market. I have never seen or heard of a TNT Elan ? Just the SS twin Elan's 

It was a racing version I believe, quite rare too, they had the TNT free air single in them and I think a pipe that came out by your right foot instead of inside the tunnel.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

It was a racing version I believe, quite rare too, they had the TNT free air single in them and I think a pipe that came out by your right foot instead of inside the tunnel.

Was the carb right in front of your nuts?

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Was the carb right in front of your nuts?

Pretty sure it was the same position as the single cylinder 250 Elan engine, just used the TNT single.

Ok, there’s definitely trouble afoot!!!  The scuttlebutt is that Textron is slashing their race department.  Cat is still supposedly still racing this year though.  Independents?  Everyone is tight lipped about it or doesn’t fucking know.  Fuck...this ain’t good.  Rumor has it Poo and Doo are making big slashes also but my Doo guy heard they are cutting budgets too.

Our sport has been on life support and now, racing is getting cut?  Ick.  

• Confused 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Ok, there’s definitely trouble afoot!!!  The scuttlebutt is that Textron is slashing their race department.  Cat is still supposedly still racing this year though.  Independents?  Everyone is tight lipped about it or doesn’t fucking know.  Fuck...this ain’t good.  Rumor has it Poo and Doo are making big slashes also but my Doo guy heard they are cutting budgets too.

Our sport has been on life support and now, racing is getting cut?  Ick.  

SX racing is gayer than fuck and the XC stuff hasnt been pushed at all. 

I'm the diehardest sled guy in the world and I have less than zero interest in SX or any racing that involves gay ass fucking 130hp chick sleds. 

When they got rid of the mod class sx was dead to me

I think this has a lot to do with no new interest in the sport overall, and pussies that have sleds with over a foot of travel and won't ride if the trails have over 4" bumps.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

SX racing is gayer than fuck and the XC stuff hasnt been pushed at all. 

I'm the diehardest sled guy in the world and I have less than zero interest in SX or any racing that involves gay ass fucking 130hp chick sleds. 

When they got rid of the mod class sx was dead to me

Yeah but nobody cares what you think.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah but nobody cares what you think.  :lol:

It's pretty simple.....when there was a mod class nobody gave two sweet fucks about stock class sleds. They wanted to see and hear the 800 mods making 190+ hp getting it done. Why in the fuck would anyone want to watch some fucking gay ass chick motor sleds when there were fire breathing 116 burning monsters there to run

Fuck.  Sounds like Doo is “reevaluating” their racing program now too.

Sounds like if you wanna race sleds nationally now, you’d better have the cash to do so.

I bet we’re only gonna see one or two sponsored teams from each manu this year.  

Ooof!  Might be some good deals on race sleds hitting the market.  

Just now, f7ben said:

It's pretty simple.....when there was a mod class nobody gave two sweet fucks about stock class sleds. They wanted to see and hear the 800 mods making 190+ hp getting it done. Why in the fuck would anyone want to watch some fucking gay ass chick motor sleds when there were fire breathing 116 burning monsters there to run

Wrong.  Scratching pro open was a good move. The pro sleds and pro lites made racing more fun and they are still fast and loud.  It actually made no difference.  I was even surprised.  It made for better racing.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wrong.  Scratching pro open was a good move. The pro sleds and pro lites made racing more fun and they are still fast and loud.  It actually made no difference.  I was even surprised.  It made for better racing.

No....it was done in an effort to draw more teams into racing without having to have a $200k mod program

It was fucking stupid....nobody wants to see sleds go slower and the pros were slower on the chick sleds than they were the mods

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....it was done in an effort to draw more teams into racing without having to have a $200k mod program

It was fucking stupid....nobody wants to see sleds go slower and the pros were slower on the chick sleds than they were the mods

1st- No fucking shit.  

2nd- it was until it wasn’t.  Isoc actually did something right.  Racing was excellent and it was a better show.  You could tell the pro riders were much off the old pace at all.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It doesnt sell event tickets either. It's just completely fucking gay. 

Duluth hits record numbers every year.  If the snow is good, ticket sales are there.  Your information is “false flag”.  :lol2:

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

1st- No fucking shit.  

2nd- it was until it wasn’t.  Isoc actually did something right.  Racing was excellent and it was a better show.  You could tell the pro riders were much off the old pace at all.

Duluth hits record numbers every year.  If the snow is good, ticket sales are there.  Your information is “false flag”.  :lol2:

Gay....as....fuck