As price of insulin soars, Americans caravan to Canada for lifesaving medicine

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The party you support shuttered the Democrats on prescription drug prices you idiot. Massive Republican fail like you.

“Everyone covered for a fraction of the price, believe me folks”. Donald Trump 2016. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Free to the poor fucker that needs it. 

yet people who are trying to stay healthy are having to fork out money for insulin and actual medical supplies.

I've told those who can't afford supplies to go and ask for clean needles at the addictions clinic.  They get handfuls.  I just tell them not to say its for insulin.

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Holeeeeee fuck. 18 grand per employee. 

Good thing Beta Inc isn't located in the USA,  not even Trump's tax cuts or prescribed rate loans could fend off certain doom. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Good thing Beta Inc isn't located in the USA,  not even Trump's tax cuts or prescribed rate loans could fend off certain doom. 

What do you pay per employee?

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Don't know what it works out per employee, but we have a good plan almost on par with the school boards.

But the 18K-30K we hear about is just assinine.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When I worked the cost was $22k per year. $400 deductible. It later grew to $1000 deductible for a single. I’m not sure what I paid. 

Didn't you just retire last week?:dunno:

24 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

We had about 25 employees on the family plan 18,000.00 each and about 10 on the single plan at 12,000.00 each per year. The rest were on their spouses plan at their employer or part time.

do the math over a half million dollars for health care costs then add Workman’s comp, unemployment tax.

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We had about 25 employees on the family plan 18,000.00 each and about 10 on the single plan at 12,000.00 each per year. The rest were on their spouses plan at their employer or part time.

do the math over a half million dollars for health care costs then add Workman’s comp, unemployment tax.

You trying to give Rev a heart attack?  

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You trying to give Rev a heart attack?  

I think it’s awesome. The more I hear about the US system, the better I feel about paying taxes. 

Its dummies like you that support privatized health care that should be paying attention. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

no just health.  dentals another grand and my LTD is private at a cost of about $1800 year.  

That's mucho dinero. MY wife pays $560 a month. Her employer poay the other 1/2 . That's medical , dental , vision .

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Why didn't they just hire Mexicans? They wouldn't have had to pay any of that.

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's mucho dinero. MY wife pays $560 a month. Her employer poay the other 1/2 . That's medical , dental , vision .

just 2 of you on the plan?  thats about what our couples plan runs.  Last year i did a high deduc plan but this year went regular as the wife and son were looking at surgeries that now look to be put off.  should have stayed high deduc

Just now, Angry ginger said:

just 2 of you on the plan?  thats about what our couples plan runs.  Last year i did a high deduc plan but this year went regular as the wife and son were looking at surgeries that now look to be put off.  should have stayed high deduc

Yep , just 2 of us.  They make a little money on the wife. They make a fucking killing on me. I never had HI till we got married. My total HC costs from 18 yrs old till 47 were about the same as she has paid for me for the last 2 yrs.