As price of insulin soars, Americans caravan to Canada for lifesaving medicine

12 minutes ago, bladefever said:

A friend in New Jersey just had a hernia operation. He's into around $20,000.00 out of pocket. I  was thinking of marketing a DIY home hernia kit to sell at Wal-Mart in the United States.

with no insurance the local hospital will knock 40% of your bill right off the top if you call.  I can see no way he's out 20k with any type of insurance so assuming without it as long as this is his only real issue for the year prob no worse off than with insurance.  

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

I think it’s awesome. The more I hear about the US system, the better I feel about paying taxes. 

Its dummies like you that support privatized health care that should be paying attention. 

Where did I support private health care.

If Canada turned to a Private/Public system it would be amazing.

Saskatchewan has a program where the general public can pay for an MRI and in turn the business does an MRI on the public system free of cost.  They have almost no MRI wait where these business's are in major centers. 

Right now the wait lists for hips, knees, cardiovascular is growing exponentially.  The medical system has not actually grown for the increase in population and age of population.  We've hit a time where shits gonna blow up very soon and the current system will implode.  The system just can't keep up right now.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, bladefever said:

So all the reported stories about people needing to mortgage their house in the US to pay medical expenses are fake news?

All , no. But almost all. Liz warren did her little report showing hospital bills were the biggest reason for bankruptcies. She conviniantly left out the fact that 78% of people who claimed their hospital bills were the reason for bankruptcies had less then $1500 in medical bills.

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

All , no. But almost all. Liz warren did her little report showing hospital bills were the biggest reason for bankruptcies. She conviniantly left out the fact that 78% of people who claimed their hospital bills were the reason for bankruptcies had less then $1500 in medical bills.

$1,500. 00 in co pay after spending 6 grand per year in premiums.  Not to mention their employer paying 18 grand per year that could have gone to profits or pay raises. Most people don’t get sick until they are older.  So they have 25 years at 24 grand per year.  That’s 600 grand of your money they have had before they start paying out.   Merca. 

17 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Didn't you just retire last week?:dunno:

17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Almost a month now. I honestly never paid that much attention. I think it was $300/mo my share. It was a pretty good deal. 

Congrats on your retirement Gregg. 

13 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Every time you cup Ford or Scheers balls. 

It's good to have options.  You should check out the Costa Rica plans.  Private for those who want it and public for those who don't.  Win win.

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's good to have options.  You should check out the Costa Rica plans.  Private for those who want it and public for those who don't.  Win win.

And now you support private. 

What a moron.  Go mow you faux lawn