Boat Registration

DeezNutz

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, DeezNutz said:

what also blows my mind is that you can insure boats without them in your name

Don't be so sure about that. We don't usually ask for proof of ownership to issue a policy but when  it comes to making a claim if you are not the registered owner you will have no " insurable interest". The insured has to be the registered owner .

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:51 PM, DeezNutz said:

Lets just say this got a lot more expensive and i ordered a new promax. :bowdown:

Great looking boat. Hope you,re only going to run that on very calm water.

How long is it ? Can you please post some pics of the inside and the dash ?

What kind of speed is it set up to run ?

Looks like you forgot to post the picture of your lady friend in the matching bikini.

I thought you said he was an honest seller ?

Did you let him know the motor was a POS ?

Edited by Frostynuts

On 10/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, Frostynuts said:

Great looking boat. Hope you,re only going to run that on very calm water.

How long is it ? Can you please post some pics of the inside and the dash ?

What kind of speed is it set up to run ?

Looks like you forgot to post the picture of your lady friend in the matching bikini.

I thought you said he was an honest seller ?

Did you let him know the motor was a POS ?

Yeah, calm water only, morning and night. 

It will run about 85 with the blackmax, should hit over 90 with the promax.

He turned into a real POS, I'm taking the guy to court. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 1:58 PM, DeezNutz said:

Hktacmi.jpg

So Ben, first it was the Ford Powerjoke, now the Dirtymax, when you stepping up to a real truck, the Cummins....when Ram redesigns the HD line up in another year or so?

That is a nice looking truck you have there though, how does it compare to the Ford with both of them being V8's?. 

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

So Ben, first it was the Ford Powerjoke, now the Dirtymax, when you stepping up to a real truck, the Cummins....when Ram redesigns the HD line up in another year or so?

That is a nice looking truck you have there though, how does it compare to the Ford with both of them being V8's?. 

The Ford was better in every way, and this thing just drinks diesel, unless you are driving on the highway you can literally watch the needle fall. Whoever designed the touch screen/interactive display in the GM did a horrible job. I just ordered a 2017 Chevy LTZ Sport and it will probably be my last duramax.

Edited by DeezNutz

44 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

The Ford was better in every way, and this thing just drinks diesel, unless you are driving on the highway you can literally watch the needle fall. Whoever designed the touch screen/interactive display in the GM did a horrible job. I just ordered a 2017 Chevy LTZ Sport and it will probably be my last duramax.

I am surprised the GM falls short, figured it would be a good comparison with trade offs on both sides.

Going back to the Ford for 2018, or still on the fence?

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

I am surprised the GM falls short, figured it would be a good comparison with trade offs on both sides.

Going back to the Ford for 2018, or still on the fence?

Well, 

I would like to get a new house in a couple years maybe if possible so a downgrade may be in the books, also hoping for a company vehicle soon. 

20 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Well, 

I would like to get a new house in a couple years maybe if possible so a downgrade may be in the books, also hoping for a company vehicle soon. 

Any of the HD trucks are not cheap, the 1/2 ton market has a lot more to offer for deals....and if you do not need an HD, especially a dirty one, why spend the extra coin.

Good luck on the possible house purchase, hopefully the market dies down some in the next couple of years...

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Any of the HD trucks are not cheap, the 1/2 ton market has a lot more to offer for deals....and if you do not need an HD, especially a dirty one, why spend the extra coin.

Good luck on the possible house purchase, hopefully the market dies down some in the next couple of years...

I actually paid cost for this one because of my past girlfriends dad but not sure how well the deal on the next truck is going to hold up now that we aren't seeing eachother. :lmao:

21 hours ago, DeezNutz said:

I actually paid cost for this one because of my past girlfriends dad but not sure how well the deal on the next truck is going to hold up now that we aren't seeing eachother. :lmao:

At least you know where you should stand when dealing another dealer!

On 10/23/2016 at 6:03 PM, DeezNutz said:

Yeah, calm water only, morning and night. 

It will run about 85 with the blackmax, should hit over 90 with the promax.

He turned into a real POS, I'm taking the guy to court. 

Are you on Fastboats Canada? I believe my buddy is with this boat? 105 mph gps, so far. 

IMG_1481 (Large).JPG

pete 3.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Flight Risk, is right.  Yikes!

The previous owner flipped it!! Don't know the story but I believe he sold it right after that incident.

Here's a couple vids taken on our lake (Crowe in Marmora) 

Ryan, who is almost 19, hit 95 in this vid. Pete had a firm hold of the tether even though, after the prop change, it is unlikely it'd go over, especially with the lake like glass. 

Whats afirm hold of the tether going to do? Tether are meant to shut a boat off after driver is ejected from drivers seat.  They are not an emergency break in a car.

Pull it at 95mph!  Boat will dive and dig in hard left will it not?  Motor has torque on it being compensated by hydraulic steering which all of a sudden dissappears.

Years ago We were screwing around in a friends Charger STV and someone shut off boat at 65 or 70 or so.  Hard dive and pull to left.  May have been right though.  I just remember lots of soiled shorts and bruised bodies as we all flew forward.  Almost sunk it.  

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Kinda amazing they wouldn,t be smart enough to wear life jackets.

Once mistake, and it could be deadly for both occupants.

Who's they? 

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Whats afirm hold of the tether going to do? Tether are meant to shut a boat off after driver is ejected from drivers seat.  They are not an emergency break in a car.

Pull it at 95mph!  Boat will dive and dig in hard left will it not?  Motor has torque on it being compensated by hydraulic steering which all of a sudden dissappears.

Years ago We were screwing around in a friends Charger STV and someone shut off boat at 65 or 70 or so.  Hard dive and pull to left.  May have been right though.  I just remember lots of soiled shorts and bruised bodies as we all flew forward.  Almost sunk it.  

Very easy to pull it if he felt the front of the boat start to come up. Sure the boat may react in some way but it beats the alternative. I'm sure they would much rather have some bruises and soiled shorts than being upside down! 

1 hour ago, irv said:

Who's they? 

Very easy to pull it if he felt the front of the boat start to come up. Sure the boat may react in some way but it beats the alternative. I'm sure they would much rather have some bruises and soiled shorts than being upside down! 

Sounds more like a justfication statement for a guy who made an irresponsible decision with his 19 year old son.

"Yeah I had a hold of the tether just in case things got outa hand! "  Like he was still in control.

If you gotta hold the tether and maybe pull it for the driver of the boat in case the front end is coming up and the driver would not know how to control that kid should not have been driving the boat at those speeds period.

As for pulling tether at 95mph on a boat that was at the point of coming over its proabaly a wreck that aint going to be pretty and as mentioned above no life jacket on the kid.

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Sounds more like a justfication statement for a guy who made an irresponsible decision with his 19 year old son.

"Yeah I had a hold of the tether just in case things got outa hand! "  Like he was still in control.

If you gotta hold the tether and maybe pull it for the driver of the boat in case the front end is coming up and the driver would not know how to control that kid should not have been driving the boat at those speeds period.

As for pulling tether at 95mph on a boat that was at the point of coming over its proabaly a wreck that aint going to be pretty and as mentioned above no life jacket on the kid.

The kid has a life jacket on, just watch the video, plain as day!

And what is so wrong with letting your kid, or another kid take a rip in your boat with you.....either attach the tether to the driver or grab onto it, either way if something goes wrong or starts too, the engine will be killed, as for the affect it might cause, I guess that will depend on a few factors that could all change in seconds!