Unprecedented 10-20 millions acres of corn might not go in the ground

7 minutes ago, jammin said:

Prob 1 of the hardest professions out there and you eat "farming" everyday you fuck   :bigfinger:

Lv jammin

Not to mention his side Bitches are corn fed!:snack:

• Thanks 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

We are later in the harvest schedule this year.  

Does sweet corn take less time to get to harvesting stage or, are you just not planting it this year?  I seriously don’t know what the difference is between growing the two.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:49 AM, DUMPY said:

Is that going to get late for beans there too? I wouldn’t plant them here past May 20th. They just don’t finish properly 

Crop insurance date for beans is June 20-30 depending on area. Be alot of 40bu beans this year. Anything over 60 is above average for the june 20 date land.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Does sweet corn take less time to get to harvesting stage or, are you just not planting it this year?  I seriously don’t know what the difference is between growing the two.

You have a week window to harvest in, approximately. 

Planting across all the acres of a vegetable processor is staggered out so the harvest crew hopefully (usually) hits your planting at a good time.  

Peas are the same way, except they have a 2 day window, kind of.  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

You have a week window to harvest in, approximately. 

Planting across all the acres of a vegetable processor is staggered out so the harvest crew hopefully (usually) hits your planting at a good time.  

Peas are the same way, except they have a 2 day window, kind of.  

Fuck al that.  Farming sounds very stressful to me.   

Sweet is going in today about a 1/2 mile from me along a swollen river that started to recede. The corn goes to local cash only road side stands. It’s a retirement hobby that a local farmer does every year. He always sells out in a few weeks. I’ve been told he over pays his grand kids and great grand kids that run the little stands?  It’s really good because the ground by the river is full of minerals. Fucker charges a dollar a ear. It’s always really good. They only pick what they are going to sell in a day and slop their pigs with the fucked up ears. Some of these road side stands will mix in unbeatable shit when you buy a dozen?

54 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Sweet is going in today about a 1/2 mile from me along a swollen river that started to recede. The corn goes to local cash only road side stands. It’s a retirement hobby that a local farmer does every year. He always sells out in a few weeks. I’ve been told he over pays his grand kids and great grand kids that run the little stands?  It’s really good because the ground by the river is full of minerals. Fucker charges a dollar a ear. It’s always really good. They only pick what they are going to sell in a day and slop their pigs with the fucked up ears. Some of these road side stands will mix in unbeatable shit when you buy a dozen?

That is just how his growing season goes.