Unprecedented 10-20 millions acres of corn might not go in the ground

• Platinum Contributing Member

Good.   Might be able use up the excess supply and bump prices up.  

Edited by Highmark

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/Minnesota/Publications/Crop_Progress_&_Condition/2019/MN-Crop-Progress-05-28-19.pdf

It's a disaster this season for planting in MN.  Way behind where they were at this time last year.  Wet and cool but forecast looks warmer and drier.  

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

100% of our planned corn acres is in the ground, except sweet corn.

We are at 10-15 percent of total where I work. 4000 acres to go as alot of winter wheat didnt make it through the freeze thaws this winter and soaking wet spring. Crop insurance date for corn is in a few days.

Inch of rain tomorrow will kill having insurance on the rest of the corn. 

Going to be alot of soybeans in Ontario compared to normal this year. 

Edited by Glenn in Caledon

1 hour ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

We are at 10-15 percent of total where I work. 4000 acres to go as alot of winter wheat didnt make it through the freeze thaws this winter and soaking wet spring. Crop insurance date for corn is in a few days.

Inch of rain tomorrow will kill having insurance on the rest of the corn. 

Going to be alot of soybeans in Ontario compared to normal this year. 

Is that going to get late for beans there too? I wouldn’t plant them here past May 20th. They just don’t finish properly 

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

100% of our planned corn acres is in the ground, except sweet corn.

I'm impressed.  We have pushed hard to get in every acre between rainfalls.  Still have a way to go.  We are actually doing better than most in our region. (SW MN)

It is a strange spring.  We plant 24 hrs a day if ground allows.  The dew points overnight with heavy soils has made that nearly impossible this year.  Looks like the coming weather might allow us to finish if we miss the storms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, favoritos said:

I'm impressed.  We have pushed hard to get in every acre between rainfalls.  Still have a way to go.  We are actually doing better than most in our region. (SW MN)

It is a strange spring.  We plant 24 hrs a day if ground allows.  The dew points overnight with heavy soils has made that nearly impossible this year.  Looks like the coming weather might allow us to finish if we miss the storms.

We will roll 24/7 if it allows.  5 planting rigs makes it go faster then one would think, if need be.  Even the 8 row made an appearance this year.  

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My god is farming gay

Prob 1 of the hardest professions out there and you eat "farming" everyday you fuck   :bigfinger:

Lv jammin

Edited by jammin

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, jammin said:

Prob 1 of the hardest professions out there and you eat "farming" everyday you fuck   :bigfinger:

Lv jammin

I also ride a lot of farmland. The fastest VT riding is cow country. In Maine it, spotato and hay fields. 

• Like 1