Mt Everest

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

More money than brains. :lol: 

New a guy that climbed most of the big ones except this and one other.  

He was giving a talk about mountain climbing. I walked into the room and looked around. There were a few tall fit looking people that you would have figured were the climbers.  When he went up to talk I was surprised. He wasn't really tall or fit looking. Just a regular looking guy.  He claimed his advantage was the ability to acclimatize to altitude.  He said at the beginning of every climb he would be at the back struggling to keep up. But the higher the went, the easier it was in comparison to others.  

Anyway, evidently with modern gear everest isn't very difficult providing you get a window. But the crowds is what makes it dangerous.

Imagine deciding to pay a shit ton of money to do this with the full realization that in order to reach the top you will have to ignore dying people and keep walking to the top. Then on the way back you'll do the same or you will die. 

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Dave's a little butthurt lately.  Zambo the clown was getting ragdolled in every thread, so Zambo lit up the fat signal to ask for Dave's help.

Dave wasn't able to help and now he's just pissed off.

They take this shit a little too seriously. 

I can understand Zambo because it's all he's got but the other ones are really getting worked up lately as well.

Anyway, thanks for the playground, it's entertaining.

You're welcome and yes it is :bc:

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

New a guy that climbed most of the big ones except this and one other.  

He was giving a talk about mountain climbing. I walked into the room and looked around. There were a few tall fit looking people that you would have figured were the climbers.  When he went up to talk I was surprised. He wasn't really tall or fit looking. Just a regular looking guy.  He claimed his advantage was the ability to acclimatize to altitude.  He said at the beginning of every climb he would be at the back struggling to keep up. But the higher the went, the easier it was in comparison to others.  

Anyway, evidently with modern gear everest isn't very difficult providing you get a window. But the crowds is what makes it dangerous.

Imagine deciding to pay a shit ton of money to do this with the full realization that in order to reach the top you will have to ignore dying people and keep walking to the top. Then on the way back you'll do the same or you will die. 

I’m surprised that the climbers aren’t using EPO’s. Like Lance Armstrong and other endurance athletes used. It would make for safer climbs and far better recovery times. Who knows, maybe they are. I would. 

43 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Dave's a little butthurt lately.  Zambo the clown was getting ragdolled in every thread, so Zambo lit up the fat signal to ask for Dave's help.

I can understand Zambo because it's all he's got but the other ones are really getting worked up lately as well.

Just like your little twerp brother Tools, your wins are self proclaimed.  Here, just like in the real world, nobody likes you.  

Hey, when did you climb Everest?  I know you did.  Probably kayaked down that mutha, eh?

:lol:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just like your little twerp brother Tools, your wins are self proclaimed.  Here, just like in the real world, nobody likes you.  

Hey, when did you climb Everest?  I know you did.  Probably kayaked down that mutha, eh?

I like how the news stations up there are trying to drum up some sympathy for that 16 year old that got blasted away the other night.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

They take it too seriously Mr. Nobody knows where I live?:lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I like how the news stations up there are trying to drum up some sympathy for that 16 year old that got blasted away the other night.  

It’s fucking hilarious.  I laughed and laughed as the retards on the news kept asking “How could this happen to such a nice young man?  What a shame!”  

Yuh.  Already racking up felony charges and damn near killed a girl.

Adios dipshit...I hope it was painful.

8D999F3E-D496-4893-89D7-58038196BA0F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s fucking hilarious.  I laughed and laughed as the retards on the news kept asking “How could this happen to such a nice young man?  What a shame!”  

Yuh.  Already racking up felony charges and damn near killed a girl.

Adios dipshit...I hope it was painful.

8D999F3E-D496-4893-89D7-58038196BA0F.jpeg

Some of the bluehairs at work were cackling on about it before a meeting today.

Saw the photo and was just thinking to myself "yeah..."

45 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Some of the bluehairs at work were cackling on about it before a meeting today.

Saw the photo and was just thinking to myself "yeah..."

My wife and I were watching the news intently because it’s rare to have a murder here and it seemed really rare that a “nice young teenager” was shot to death.  Then they showed his pic. We laughed in unison.  :lol:

Play stupid games....win stupid prizes.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

My wife and I were watching the news intently because it’s rare to have a murder here and it seemed really rare that a “nice young teenager” was shot to death.  Then they showed his pic. We laughed in unison.  :lol:

Play stupid games....win stupid prizes.

He must have had some native blood someplace in that mess, they are the ones crying for this “loss”.  His mom and dad must be some piece of work.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Really Mr lies about his house value three times in a day to impress people?

I don't lie about anything, read this the other day and realize prices have come back a bit esp in Vancouver.  You know its also just a guess, but unlike you mine are more realistic.  Plus I'm not selling anytime soon so what does it matter.

Just like market returns.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/vancouver/article-bubble-trouble-in-vancouvers-housing-market-pain-has-set-in/

Edited by ArcticCrusher

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s not my forte to make false claims.

I fully expect you to spin a story about the time you were at base camp carrying your own gear plus some of the heavy stuff the sherpas couldn’t handle. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't lie about anything, read this the other day and realize prices have come back a bit esp in Vancouver.  You know its also just a guess, but unlike you mine are more realistic.  Plus I'm not selling anytime soon so what does it matter.

Just like market returns.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/vancouver/article-bubble-trouble-in-vancouvers-housing-market-pain-has-set-in/

2.75 million 2.5 million 1.925 million all in 24 hours.  

“Derp. I don’t lie, house prices fluctuate a lot”     :lol:

sure #8.  Location location location. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s not my forte to make false claims.

I fully expect you to spin a story about the time you were at base camp carrying your own gear plus some of the heavy stuff the sherpas couldn’t handle. 

:lmao:the irony from the biggest :bullshit: on the site :lol2:

• Thanks 1

2.75 million 2.5 million 1.925 million all in 24 hours.  

“Derp. I don’t lie, house prices fluctuate a lot”     :lol:

sure #8.  Location location location. 

Yah 100s of thousands per year fluctuations isn't much.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yah 100s of thousands per year fluctuations isn't much.

Over the years fine. 

You changed your story from post to post in order to fit your narrative. 

Psssst.   That’s what liars do.  

13 hours ago, STUMPY said:

Or even better....why dont you tell the class how you sent pms to guys who were picking on jimmy....asking them to leavehim alone....because he was threatening to leave....

Maybe if Jimendidnt run his mouth so much he wouldnt get “picked on”:so much.

13 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Just so you idiots know, you will never read about me being dead on that mountain.

Yeah I just put a stop payment on my check too. :lol: 

12 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Not proud of it , but I've done it once

What I miss now?!  :dunno:   :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Over the years fine. 

Yes when the forum thinks of the paragon of truthfulness, the beacon of honesty and transparency, the standard bearer of positivity and collegiality, youre the first guy they think of. :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Over the years fine. 

Its pretty amazing how much they have climbed and I have to sometimes take a second and third look.

5 or 6 fold gains in 20 years is quite a feat, but that really is just dumb luck timing.  Try not to get to worked up. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes when the forum thinks of the paragon of truthfulness, the beacon of honesty and transparency, the standard bearer of positivity and collegiality, youre the first guy they think of. :lol: 

:owned:

Oh...famous for it for sure!  Him and Tools...absolute forum legends of truth, knowledge and integrity!

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its pretty amazing how much they have climbed and I have to sometimes take a second and third look.

5 or 6 fold gains in 20 years is quite a feat, but that really is just dumb luck timing.  Try not to get to worked up. 

He so mad when others have done better than himself.  Maybe he should have put forth more effort and taken a risk every now and then?  Nawww....just open the door and sit on dads stool.  That’s good enough.

• Thanks 1