Dont go to the wrong side of Memphis

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Cause the right side of Memphis is so fucking good

Seat of my pants , you hit a home fucking run. Did some st louis ribs with them tonight. Was superb.

We were driving thru there on our way to or from Florida (can't remember) and we hit a BBQ joint that popped up as a highly rated place like from diners drive in and dives or something. I'm kind of a BBQ fan and like to hit landmark places on our travels. This place may have been the worst shithole I have ever been to. It was literally a shack. No menu, no prices listed. And it was so small there was no room for a kitchen or anything. No bathroom literally a fucking shack and a real shitty one at that. This place would never get licensed to sell food around here. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Cause the right side of Memphis is so fucking good

Seat of my pants , you hit a home fucking run. Did some st louis ribs with them tonight. Was superb.

I tasted that one but haven't cooked with it yet....did that little bit of heat come out on your ribs? 

9 hours ago, Anler said:

We were driving thru there on our way to or from Florida (can't remember) and we hit a BBQ joint that popped up as a highly rated place like from diners drive in and dives or something. I'm kind of a BBQ fan and like to hit landmark places on our travels. This place may have been the worst shithole I have ever been to. It was literally a shack. No menu, no prices listed. And it was so small there was no room for a kitchen or anything. No bathroom literally a fucking shack and a real shitty one at that. This place would never get licensed to sell food around here. 

The best jerk chicken I ever had was some road side shack in Jamaica.  They cut open a old oil tank and turned it into a charcoal grill, and had a garbage can full of iced Red Stripes.  Hose yourself off when you were done.  Delicious.  We also have some pretty good bbq options locally, including one place that does it St. Loud s style.

10 hours ago, Anler said:

You going to finish the story Stivic?

55 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The best jerk chicken I ever had was some road side shack in Jamaica.  They cut open a old oil tank and turned it into a charcoal grill, and had a garbage can full of iced Red Stripes.  Hose yourself off when you were done.  Delicious.  We also have some pretty good bbq options locally, including one place that does it St. Loud s style.

Sounds like a good time...

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I tasted that one but haven't cooked with it yet....did that little bit of heat come out on your ribs? 

No. just the taste of perfection. Wife is not too big on eating meat off the bone. She went at it like a fucking caveman.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I ate at a place like that in St Maarteen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

No. just the taste of perfection. Wife is not too big on eating meat off the bone. She went at it like a fucking caveman.

Tell me about it...oh wait...you’re talking about Ribs. My wife won’t eat those either...dammit.:whatever2: 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Yup.....the sauces are brilliant.

I ate some of the honey sauce on chicken wings yesterday and it was great.

I did some drumsticks with the mustard based sauce...awesome stuff.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I did some drumsticks with the mustard based sauce...awesome stuff.

Yup....that gold standard is fucking good

I like them all and as soon as Mike let's us know I'll be ordering by the gallon

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 8:38 AM, DriftBusta said:

same here,   also the same trip i ate goat for the first time and ti was pretty damn good.  

Did a trimmed up pork belly for sandwiches on the smoker yesterday.   Good lawd they are good but almost gives you chest pains just looking at it much less eating it.  :lmao: 

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, but have you ever had an ostrich burger?  

39265760-667A-40D8-8703-2A0CB7CB5AB8.jpeg

You’re a disphit but every once in awhile you get ahold of one! 🤣