Stick or auto

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Um, no. Shifting is being in full control of your vehicle, holding a gear and drifting for miles on snow covered roads is screaming road head. Sorry you're the giver, not the receiver. Stick shifting for the fucking win..

You need a fucking exorcist. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Are gayer than AIDS. Stomp your left foot and grind em till find em.

Fag!

Agree.  Most modern autos will shift out perfectly under full throttle, you will gain nothing by over reviving them .  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, toslow said:

i just bought a new jeep last week and picked a stick, wishing i would have got the 4dr as there is no cargo space.

Hey, what’s the gearing like with the manual?  Do you have to shift 3-4 times to get up to speed?  Rubicon?

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Agree.  Most modern autos will shift out perfectly under full throttle, you will gain nothing by over reviving them .  

Yup. The tiptronic bullshit is for the birds. I've found it doesn't react naturally, something about it doesn't seem right. But it does allow fellas like Spin to not chip his manicure while changing lanes...

10 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Um, no. Shifting is being in full control of your vehicle, holding a gear and drifting for miles on snow covered roads is screaming road head. Sorry you're the giver, not the receiver. Stick shifting for the fucking win..

Yeah fine. Rawwrrr!  Used to be manuals were quicker than autos, but not any more.  8 sp ZF with adjustable modes and paddle shifters ftw!  Ill take the quicker option every time.

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I used to enjoy rocking it with gears. Too much fucking around these days. I do occasionally switch to full manual paddle shifting. 

Auto with the paddle shifters is just fine for me.

10 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Lololol. Frieghtliner M2....our cascadias are 18sp,  our 2 M2s are auto and our 389 Pete also 18sp. 

You ever try an OLD 18 spd  quad box, or drive an old Autocar?         it will make you give up standards after a few years fiddldy fuckin with one of those.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

You ever try an OLD 18 spd  quad box, or drive an old Autocar?         it will make you give up standards after a few years fiddldy fuckin with one of those.  

Never drove any of those ,but heard they were nightmares. 

Just now, xcr700 said:

Never drove any of those ,but heard they were nightmares. 

Not one stick  but 2 in the old Macks  and 3 in the old A car wrecker i use to run from time to time.     fuck i hated that autocar, it made the FWD look and feel like a sports car if you can imagine that!?

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, what’s the gearing like with the manual?  Do you have to shift 3-4 times to get up to speed?  Rubicon?

not at all, i find the gearing is bang on for most low speed travel and it;s a six speed so hwy running is no problem, the new pentastar six is a good fit for this platform

7 minutes ago, toslow said:

not at all, i find the gearing is bang on for most low speed travel and it;s a six speed so hwy running is no problem, the new pentastar six is a good fit for this platform

:bc:

19 minutes ago, old indy said:

Not one stick  but 2 in the old Macks  and 3 in the old A car wrecker i use to run from time to time.     fuck i hated that autocar, it made the FWD look and feel like a sports car if you can imagine that!?

Yeah....fuck that noise lol. The guy who trained was telling about the 2 stick shifting ...like what Jimmy posted...fuck that 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Somebody posted this a few years back..thought it was cool...

Fuck that noise lol