Stick or auto

• Gold Member

In 96 I bought my first brand new vehicle, a stripped down f150 that came with free a/c if you got the standard. 

After 6 months i was sick of shifting and will never get another standard, but i did keep the truck till 2008. :lol:

21 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Wow. I'm the odd guy oot lol 

I used to enjoy rocking it with gears. Too much fucking around these days. I do occasionally switch to full manual paddle shifting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I used to enjoy rocking it with gears. Too much fucking around these days. I do occasionally switch to full manual paddle shifting. 

I guess I'm like an old dog. My old powerstroke is stick , my rio is stick , my old impala and 401 gremlin were also stick. I love em.  My ram and the wifes fusion are auto tho.  Gotta admit,  can apply my makeup when I'm drivin those lol 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Manuals for sports cars.  Maybe even jeeps?  Other than that, auto.

i just bought a new jeep last week and picked a stick, wishing i would have got the 4dr as there is no cargo space.

1 minute ago, toslow said:

i just bought a new jeep last week and picked a stick, wishing i would have got the 4dr as there is no cargo space.

I’ve been fucking around with getting anotherJeep for years now.  Not sure I care if it’s manual or not since it will be a hobby car. Just not sure of the route I want to go with it yet.

30 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Wow. I'm the odd guy oot lol 

Nope. Definitely a standard, hands down. So much more fun to play with. Only time it's an inconvenience is in traffic, and if you're not a blow hard, you just read the pattern and let first gear roll pumping the brake.

• Thanks 1

I like a stick in a car I occasionally drive. Nothings cooler than banging gears in a hot rod.  

All my new cars have paddle shifters ........not really sure why, though. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

They are gay. But so is shifting. 

Um, no. Shifting is being in full control of your vehicle, holding a gear and drifting for miles on snow covered roads is screaming road head. Sorry you're the giver, not the receiver. Stick shifting for the fucking win..

• Like 1