Hey Rod Johnson....wtf?

Just now, rump-rider said:

I think the multi pro tailgate is exclusive to gmc. Kind of cool, but I have no need for stuff like that. Can't imagine how much that option costs.

I see GM is still being retarded with their limited configurations. You can't get a Trail Boss in an extended cab unless you get the bare-bones custom trim level. The LT trail boss is only crew cab short bed. And of course, no 6.2 option unless you get a luxury truck. Stupid.

Thought all the local ones were just strippers , guess I know why now .

17 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , 05 2500.  Still in decent shape , tho she's showing her age and not the best daily runner at 12.5 mpg :lol:   Solid work beast though . Haven't made a payment in 10 years  and that's hard to let go of :lol:  

Yep. My 06 GMC is a 1500. I bought it in 09 with 45000 miles and a reconstructed title for $5000.  It left the roadway at a high rate of speed. LOL. I put about $1000 getting it all fixed up. Worst damage was a cracked tcase. I found a blown up tcase for $200 and swapped the internals. 

I have about 160,000 miles on it now. Still runs good and still starts instantly after sitting for 3 months at a time. I worry about the tranny sometimes because it shifts funny after I haul my Jeep (7000lbs) or my race trailer (10,000lbs). 

The poor 5.3 is great when the truck is empty but beyond pathetic when you try to haul over 5000lbs. The 5.3 is probably the only reason the tranny is still alive. 

48 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I think the multi pro tailgate is exclusive to gmc. Kind of cool, but I have no need for stuff like that. Can't imagine how much that option costs.

I see GM is still being retarded with their limited configurations. You can't get a Trail Boss in an extended cab unless you get the bare-bones custom trim level. The LT trail boss is only crew cab short bed. And of course, no 6.2 option unless you get a luxury truck. Stupid.

it looks like GM finally got the hint and is doing something about this. 

This change comes alongside expanded availability for the 6.2-liter V8 engine in the Silverado for the 2020 model year. The larger V8 is now offered on Custom Trail Boss, LT Trail Boss and RST trims (before it was only offered on the Silverado LTZ and High Country) and will come standard with the Z71 off-road package and four-wheel drive. Additionally, Silverado RST trucks can also only be ordered with the 6.2-liter engine if they are equipped with four-wheel drive.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-offers-optional-performance-package/#ixzz5p3RtiG5L

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-offers-optional-performance-package/

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

4 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That's what I'm dealing with , started out as peddly little shit , now it's transfer cases , ect ect .  Once they get old , they are old and no amount of paint and parts will change that. Unless the truck is just a spare vehicle for when you need a truck , then chasing an old one makes zero sense . :bc: 

You and your Magazine vehicles :lol:  

And you and your third place vehicles... :news:

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I need to look at the Rams. For what I do any of the 3 would be fine. I need to give the Ram a chance. 

It's an awesome truck all around. 

3 hours ago, rump-rider said:

The 20s have the 6.2 coming in .ore models. Hopefully they tweak the interior as well. Right now I'd say this Kia interior I'm in is better

3 hours ago, DUMPY said:

Rams are nice. Easy 2nd choice for me. The 6.2 wastes the hemi though 

Not worth having to use premium fuel. It is nice tho, runs like a top. 

3 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

it looks like GM finally got the hint and is doing something about this. 

This change comes alongside expanded availability for the 6.2-liter V8 engine in the Silverado for the 2020 model year. The larger V8 is now offered on Custom Trail Boss, LT Trail Boss and RST trims (before it was only offered on the Silverado LTZ and High Country) and will come standard with the Z71 off-road package and four-wheel drive. Additionally, Silverado RST trucks can also only be ordered with the 6.2-liter engine if they are equipped with four-wheel drive.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-offers-optional-performance-package/#ixzz5p3RtiG5L

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/2020-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-offers-optional-performance-package/

Wonder if you can get it in a regular cab short box now 

Edited by DUMPY

• Gold Member

Gm has really dropped the ball on their vehicle designs the last few years....  hell the last time they made a decent pickup was like the 1970’s. Since then they have put out garbage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Gm has really dropped the ball on their vehicle designs the last few years....  hell the last time they made a decent pickup was like the 1970’s. Since then they have put out garbage.

Just a heads up.  No one believes a word you say about vehicles. :bc: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Why????  Cause I have a Plug-in hybrid?

You have never seen a ford product you didnt jizz on yourself about and youve never seen a GM product that was worth a shit. 

Both manufactures make some decent vehicles.  Both have made plenty of duds   To say that gm hasnt made a decent truck since the 70’s is just ignorant.   

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I thought this was the dumbest fucking gimmick the first time I saw it.  How much is going to go wrong with that?????

DAF.

it sure but anything has to be better than the glued  together Ford shit . both my fords are on there 3rd gate and 1 of those is buldging at the top.  should be about 1 more heavy load and I big bump and it will be a done 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You have never seen a ford product you didnt jizz on yourself about and youve never seen a GM product that was worth a shit. 

Both manufactures make some decent vehicles.  Both have made plenty of duds   To say that gm hasnt made a decent truck since the 70’s is just ignorant.   

I’m least brand bias person on here....  only gm I would own is a vette.  Ford trucks just work from extensive experience I have working the piss out of them.  Cheaper to maintain overall and less troubles with them, vs a GM truck.

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it sure but anything has to be better than the glued  together Ford shit . both my fords are on there 3rd gate and 1 of those is buldging at the top.  should be about 1 more heavy load and I big bump and it will be a done 

I’ve got a buddy with a F150.  Same shit.  Tundra is weak in the middle with heavy loads.  Course, with a 6.5 foot bed, they are all heavy loads.  It’s not bad though.  I just plan accordingly.

5 hours ago, rump-rider said:

It's likely only available on the Denali as well? From what I have been told (secret inside connection :whistle:) GM loves those who purchase Denali's.

From the few I have seen, I personally wouldn't own one. By far, one of the ugliest looking trucks I have ever seen. 

denali.jpg

deanli1.jpg

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve got a buddy with a F150.  Same shit.  Tundra is weak in the middle with heavy loads.  Course, with a 6.5 foot bed, they are all heavy loads.  It’s not bad though.  I just plan accordingly.

i had a decent load in my f150 few weeks back on a trip to the dump lol fucking plaster 

Screenshot_20190526-171828.jpg

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

i had a decent load in my f150 few weeks back on a trip to the dump lol fucking plaster 

Screenshot_20190526-171828.jpg

Not bad prices at your dump. We are $5 per hunderd lbs up to $60 the its $60 per ton. Cost exactly the same to dump 1200 lbs as it does 2000lbs. 

Steel only cost $3 per hundred or $30/ton to dump. 

I got hosed on dumping all those axles and engine blocks last week. Each of my loads was around 1000 lbs. I paid just under $100 to dump a bunch of good steel. Hahaha. If i could have loaded it all at once it would have been $35. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not bad prices at your dump. We are $5 per hunderd lbs up to $60 the its $60 per ton. Cost exactly the same to dump 1200 lbs as it does 2000lbs. 

Steel only cost $3 per hundred or $30/ton to dump. 

I got hosed on dumping all those axles and engine blocks last week. Each of my loads was around 1000 lbs. I paid just under $100 to dump a bunch of good steel. Hahaha. If i could have loaded it all at once it would have been $35. 

that is a,construction only dump. the mixed load dump would be 5x the cost . 

I don't pay to dump steel I bring to the scrap yards and dump for free . 

if a wanted to deal with the lines and paper work and time they would pay me to dump steel or iorn