Hey Rod Johnson....wtf?

Just now, rump-rider said:

I watched a comparison between the big 3 last week and the guys said the Hemi now feels like a slug compared to the 6.2 and Ecoboost. :news: 

I have the 3.90 rear end and there is nothing slug about it. And it has won truck of the year how many times now? :news:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Oh damn! I am feeling pretty lazy lately. Time to step it up!

I’m sitting outside enjoying some sushi while I wait for the smoker to get up to temp for ten pounds of wings.

ELEGANTLY WHITE TRASH!!!!!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m sitting outside enjoying some sushi while I wait for the smoker to get up to temp for ten pounds of wings.

ELEGANTLY WHITE TRASH!!!!!!

I am getting ready to head to the butcher shop in 15 minutes. Having a group over tomorrow so I am not going to barbeque for 20 people. Kabobs and brats.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have the 3.90 rear end and there is nothing slug about it. And it has won truck of the year how many times now? :news:

The 3.5 ecoboost F150 has 450hp and 510tq compared to the Hemi 1500’s 395hp and 410tq

Load up a trailer and the EB destroys the hemi. Go up in elevation and the gaping the hemi receives is much worse. Around town driving of +20mpg on the EB. 

I do like almost everything about the new Ram 1500’s but the 3.5 EB on the Ford is by far a better choice than the Hemi. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The 3.5 ecot F150 has 450hp and 510tq compared to the Hemi 1500’s 395hp and 410tq

Load up a trailer and the EB destroys the hemi. Go up in elevation and the gaping the hemi receives is much worse. Around town driving of +20mpg on the EB. 

I do like almost everything about the new Ram 1500’s but the 3.5 EB on the Ford is by far a better choice than the Hemi. 

So what, its a Ford. Its the arctic cat of vehicles... 

Well dang I did not realize that. I may have to rethink this a bit. 

My supt has been stranded by his ecobooth about 3 times now. Just had the tranny replaced last week. No lie. I have switched 3 life long Ford guys to Ram in the last 5 years. I was life long GM guy. The Rams are just superior. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

After 40 years of buying only Chevy/GM trucks Im pretty sure my next one will be a Ford. If it werent for that faggot AMG I know for sure my next truck would be a Ford. The thought of that dipshit sweeping floors in the same plant my truck was made scares me bigly. 

You mean plunging the toilets the experienced smart guys sweep the floors :lol:

49 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Buy a decade old rig and spruce it up.

Neal

That is exactly what I'm currently doing minus the sprucing.  Basic is fine.  Things are usually filthy anyhow.

The thing with a ten year old rig is the possibility of that big failure that isn't worth fixing.  So I keep my eyes open for another option.

2 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That is exactly what I'm currently doing minus the sprucing.  Basic is fine.  Things are usually filthy anyhow.

The thing with a ten year old rig is the possibility of that big failure that isn't worth fixing.  So I keep my eyes open for another option.

Why wouldn't it be?  

Neal

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

My supt has been stranded by his ecobooth about 3 times now. Just had the tranny replaced last week. No lie. I have switched 3 life long Ford guys to Ram in the last 5 years. I was life long GM guy. The Rams are just superior. 

I have a buddy that is a fleet manager.  He has a special hatred for the Fords.  I talk to the guy about once a week.  Somewhere in each conversation, I have to get him away from that subject.  The gripe is usually tranny and engine failure.  He talks fondly of the Dodge stuff.  The pricing just can't win the bids.

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

I need to look at the Rams. For what I do any of the 3 would be fine. I need to give the Ram a chance. 

4 minutes ago, favoritos said:

That's what I'm dealing with , started out as peddly little shit , now it's transfer cases , ect ect .  Once they get old , they are old and no amount of paint and parts will change that. Unless the truck is just a spare vehicle for when you need a truck , then chasing an old one makes zero sense . :bc: 

44 minutes ago, Anler said:

You and your Magazine vehicles :lol:  

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why wouldn't it be?  

Neal

Seems to always be a culmination of repairs coming in at the same time.  Tranny, oil lines, and cooler.  Not a deal breaker, but right after head gasket, and all power steering stuff, you start to wonder.  The little repairs can get old.  Filler neck and fuel pumps can almost be scheduled replacements.  Gravel and mud is hard on basic rigs.  It is a nightmare with all the doodads on new stuff.

I may just have to keep the old Chebby for a while. A couple weeks back I was doing some spring cleaning.  I had a bonepile of axles, transfer cases and engine blocks from my drag and mud racing days. 

I put an ad on FB market place and about half was gone within a day. The rest I took to the dump. I couldnt imagine loading up old axles and engine blocks and dumping them out the back at the metal recycler. My old beater is just that and it still took some fresh damage from throwing axles in and out of it for 2 days. 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I may just have to keep the old Chebby for a while. A couple weeks back I was doing some spring cleaning.  I had a bonepile of axles, transfer cases and engine blocks from my drag and mud racing days. 

I put an ad on FB market place and about half was gone within a day. The rest I took to the dump. I couldnt imagine loading up old axles and engine blocks and dumping them out the back at the metal recycler. My old beater is just that and it still took some fresh damage from throwing axles in and out of it for 2 days. 

I've also thought about just throwing a plow on this ol hunkoshit and retiring it from daily use .  Pick up a hot rod sedan for daily use , I dunno . 

15 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I've also thought about just throwing a plow on this ol hunkoshit and retiring it from daily use .  Pick up a hot rod sedan for daily use , I dunno . 

You still have the White GMC?  This is an 06 or something right?  2500?

You still have the White GMC?  This is an 06 or something right?  2500?

Yeah , 05 2500.  Still in decent shape , tho she's showing her age and not the best daily runner at 12.5 mpg :lol:   Solid work beast though . Haven't made a payment in 10 years  and that's hard to let go of :lol:  

I think the multi pro tailgate is exclusive to gmc. Kind of cool, but I have no need for stuff like that. Can't imagine how much that option costs.

I see GM is still being retarded with their limited configurations. You can't get a Trail Boss in an extended cab unless you get the bare-bones custom trim level. The LT trail boss is only crew cab short bed. And of course, no 6.2 option unless you get a luxury truck. Stupid.