Hey Rod Johnson....wtf?

I saw that phony ass piece of shit tailgate at SEMA last year. I cant believe the stupid shit Chevy is doing with their cars and trucks. They should have just stopped with the rounded wheelwells and called it good. 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I thought this was the dumbest fucking gimmick the first time I saw it.  How much is going to go wrong with that?????

DAF.

I thought the same thing.  I mean, it is a tailgate.  One of those things that is simple enough not to fail.

Seems like one of those gimmicks aimed at people that don't really use a pickup.  And yes, I said pickup.  A truck is a truck and a pickup is a pickup.  I guess I'm old school.

Edited by favoritos

2 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I thought the same thing.  I mean, it is a tailgate.  One of those things that is simple enough not to fail.

Seems like one of those gimmicks aimed at people that don't really use a pickup.  And yes, I said pick up.  A truck is a truck and a pickup is a pickup.  I guess I'm old school.

The GM loving masses will lap that up, guaranteed, but the same can be said about most high end gimmicks in cars and trucks. Some just need to have all the bells and whistles no matter the cost and GM and the other manu's know this well. 

8 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Seems like one of those gimmicks aimed at people that don't really use a pickup.  And yes, I said pickup.  A truck is a truck and a pickup is a pickup.  I guess I'm old school.

Yep.  These are for people that don’t want to scratch the paint in the bed and put a blanket down when they go buy their bagged potting soil.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

You see the price increase over the 18's ??  Holy shit , I should have scooped an 18 when the getting was good . Finding a 6.2 is all but impossible now unless you want a Denali , which I don't . All for a fucking made in Mexico crew cab :lol; 

11 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You see the price increase over the 18's ??  Holy shit , I should have scooped an 18 when the getting was good . Finding a 6.2 is all but impossible now unless you want a Denali , which I don't . All for a fucking made in Mexico crew cab :lol; 

After 40 years of buying only Chevy/GM trucks Im pretty sure my next one will be a Ford. If it werent for that faggot AMG I know for sure my next truck would be a Ford. The thought of that dipshit sweeping floors in the same plant my truck was made scares me bigly. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

After 40 years of buying only Chevy/GM trucks Im pretty sure my next one will be a Ford. If it werent for that faggot AMG I know for sure my next truck would be a Ford. The thought of that dipshit sweeping floors in the same plant my truck was made scares me bigly. 

I'm all over the place as usual :lol:   The Dodges seem to be the nicest but I know the thing is going to be a pile once it get's 4 years and some hours on it . The Fords are getting stupid on the prices also , where in the past , they used to be the best bang for the buck .   I dunno :lol:  

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'm all over the place as usual :lol:   The Dodges seem to be the nicest but I know the thing is going to be a pile once it get's 4 years and some hours on it . The Fords are getting stupid on the prices also , where in the past , they used to be the best bang for the buck .   I dunno :lol:  

Im gonna buy used this time. Being unemployed means I have to watch my nickels and dimes. 

A couple weeks back I rented a vehicle for the day. I always use expedia and normally go for the cheapest vehicle I can find. Well, Budget has a 2020 F150 for $17 per day. I thought it was a mistake but booked it anyway. 

Sure enough a 2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost with 1100 miles on it. I pushed the “average Economy” button and it said 21.7mpg. 

I put about 150 miles on it in 24 hours and punched out everywhere. The truck truly rips and was solid without even the slightest rattle or twitch. In the end I fueled up and got 19.5mpg and that was running it about as hard as I could everywhere. +6500 rpm shifts constantly. 

In about 5 years a 2020 should be in my price range. Until then my old GMC will have to suffice. . 

• Like 1

It is a bummer what has happened to the pickup market.  Loaded to the gills and priced the same.

The options are narrow in the pickup market.  Bare bones isn't quite what I need.

I want a little extra room in the cab for tools etc.  I don't want a full second seat.  I prefer a long bed without the big wheelbase.  I honestly do like a couple of the gimmicks.  Heated mirrors save time, and camera speeds hooking trailers.  Most of the rest is just not needed for me.  Brand also doesn't matter.  What are my options?

4 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It is a bummer what has happened to the pickup market.  Loaded to the gills and priced the same.

The options are narrow in the pickup market.  Bare bones isn't quite what I need.

I want a little extra room in the cab for tools etc.  I don't want a full second seat.  I prefer a long bed without the big wheelbase.  I honestly do like a couple of the gimmicks.  Heated mirrors save time, and camera speeds hooking trailers.  Most of the rest is just not needed for me.  Brand also doesn't matter.  What are my options?

Buy a decade old rig and spruce it up.

Neal

24 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

My 13 Ram has been, by far, the best truck I have ever owned. I've been GM since I was able to drive and have had my share of P/U's over those years but nothing tops the one I am currently driving. 

Not a Ford fan at all as I don't care for their looks, but other than that, I can't say much. When I took my Ram for one simple test drive, I was sold.

29 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just buy a Kansas City build then.... :lol: :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

3 hinges on a fucking tailgate for the lazy beta males. Can’t believe nobody caught that oops with the hitch either SMH

Edited by Skidooski

Just now, Skidooski said:

3 hinges on a fucking tailgate for the lazy beta makes. Can’t believe nobody caught that oops with the hitch either SMH

Well, the only people who would opt for that tailgate would never put a hitch in the receiver. Women don't need to pull a trailer to the grocery store. 

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Im gonna buy used this time. Being unemployed means I have to watch my nickels and dimes. 

A couple weeks back I rented a vehicle for the day. I always use expedia and normally go for the cheapest vehicle I can find. Well, Budget has a 2020 F150 for $17 per day. I thought it was a mistake but booked it anyway. 

Sure enough a 2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost with 1100 miles on it. I pushed the “average Economy” button and it said 21.7mpg. 

I put about 150 miles on it in 24 hours and punched out everywhere. The truck truly rips and was solid without even the slightest rattle or twitch. In the end I fueled up and got 19.5mpg and that was running it about as hard as I could everywhere. +6500 rpm shifts constantly. 

In about 5 years a 2020 should be in my price range. Until then my old GMC will have to suffice. . 

I don’t see ever buying new again.  Damn trucks take a beating almost as bad as sleds.  Let somebody else eat the first 20-30% of the costs.  I’ll take it at the 20k mark when all the updates and little fixes are complete, slap some real runner on it and...

A42E749C-FC18-4ECB-8A9A-3D46D6C6AF6A.gif

6 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Buy a decade old rig and spruce it up.

Neal

Good idea...go south and buy one that isn’t all browned up.

49 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

IMO the 6.2 isnt worth the extra $$$. Plus you need to run premium fuel for what a couple extra hps? HEMI ftmfw!

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

IMO the 6.2 isnt worth the extra $$$. Plus you need to run premium fuel for what a couple extra hps? HEMI ftmfw!

I watched a comparison between the big 3 last week and the guys said the Hemi now feels like a slug compared to the 6.2 and Ecoboost. :news: 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

A 3.5 ecoboost will destroy your hemi. 

Destroy how? In a drags race? like i give a fuck. Towing there is zero advantage in mpgs. And its a Ford so it is going to leave you stranded sooner or later. Guaranteed.