Rural America Is On The Verge Of Collapse

Just now, DUMPY said:

Need the old liberal Pol Pot back to force everyone out of the cities and into the rural areas and kill the millions that don’t want to 

Nawww.  Just cut off their supply.  It’d be easy to do.  Within two weeks they’d be eating each other and dispatching everyone on the list of names they were given for a loaf and a can of bush’s.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nawww.  Just cut off their supply.  It’d be easy to do.  Within two weeks they’d be eating each other and dispatching everyone on the list of names they were given for a loaf and a can of bush’s.

Food and shelter supplies just come from the store derp

4 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

Food and shelter supplies just come from the store derp

:)  That is damn funny.

On a side note, the city folk are coming into a big awakening soon.  The price of housing is a problem.  Buying is out of reach for a larger segment.  I'm shocked with the prices are on rent.  The beloved life in the city will soon be falling out of favor.  The sad thing is that bringing back life in the rural areas will be difficult.  Businesses have left and the modern infrastructure is not developed enough for new growth.

5 minutes ago, favoritos said:

:)  That is damn funny.

On a side note, the city folk are coming into a big awakening soon.  The price of housing is a problem.  Buying is out of reach for a larger segment.  I'm shocked with the prices are on rent.  The beloved life in the city will soon be falling out of favor.  The sad thing is that bringing back life in the rural areas will be difficult.  Businesses have left and the modern infrastructure is not developed enough for new growth.

Rural folks don’t want citiots around either 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Rural America has never been wealthy. They are rich in other ways.

I never understood these types of articles.  People living rurally don't want city life.  What difference does it make where the "wealth" is then?  What I find funny is the city studies always seem to grab as much suburban sprawl as the can to make their little gaming numbers look better.  Where does the "city" really end?  Answers for that are all over the board.  For me, thanks to an old buddy that put it this way, it's when pick up trucks start to become prevalent.  He was right....that's the real America I want to be in...and will be in.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I never understood these types of articles.  People living rurally don't want city life.  What difference does it make where the "wealth" is then?  What I find funny is the city studies always seem to grab as much suburban sprawl as the can to make their little gaming numbers look better.  Where does the "city" really end?  Answers for that are all over the board.  For me, thanks to an old buddy that put it this way, it's when pick up trucks start to become prevalent.  He was right....that's the real America I want to be in...and will be in.

Round here rural areas are where folks retire too. By that age they are fucking sick of people , high taxes and retards.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Round here rural areas are where folks retire too. By that age they are fucking sick of people , high taxes and retards.

Yup.  One fucking day in the “big city” last weekend and the wife and I reverted back to highway racers and screaming maniacs.  We both started to fucking laugh.....as we knew we never have to do that shit again.  Watching that shit disappear in the rear view.....I could actually hear my blood pressure going down.

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

oh come on, Ft Kent or Caribou aint too bad but yeah there are places in Maine I wouldn't want to be there full time. 

my son and i were in ft kent snowmobiling when he got a recruiting email from the track coach.  he looked around the town and said fuck that and I would agree

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Bush's is some fine eatin.  Give them a can of van camps if you want to see the struggle.  Although they would probably still compliment them as a great non-meat based protein source.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

a lot of suburban old people are moving back to the city like central down town . 

but yeah why is the artical stoping the  numbers in 2016 ? 

he'll I know 2 people in the last 3 yrs who have moved there small manufacturing companys to rurrel towns 3 hrs out of minneapoils. 

lower tax no h20 or sewer bills and they say employees for the most part have a better work ethic . but both are in farm countery so that is pretty expected 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

my son and i were in ft kent snowmobiling when he got a recruiting email from the track coach.  he looked around the town and said fuck that and I would agree

For a young person, no way. Only one decent looking chic in town. But I could definatly retire outside out Littleton NH.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

For a young person, no way. Only one decent looking chic in town. But I could definatly retire outside out Littleton NH.

That's pretty much the closest box stores for us. It takes about an hour to get there. When we lived in Ossipee it was 40 minutes to Conway or 50 to Rochester for the box stores. I'll deal with the extra 40 minutes round trip rather than deal with all of the traffic and flatlanders.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

That's pretty much the closest box stores for us. It takes about an hour to get there. When we lived in Ossipee it was 40 minutes to Conway or 50 to Rochester for the box stores. I'll deal with the extra 40 minutes round trip rather than deal with all of the traffic and flatlanders.

Been talking about Monroe for a while now. THe hydro dam pay a lot of taxes so their tax rate is low. The thought of low taxes in retirement gives me a chubby.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

All my friends that went to UMFK became alcoholic's cause if you don't snowmobile or hunt you have nothing else to do. :lol:

I will say though that there were quite a few extremely hot girls that came from Montreal to go to college there. :bc:

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool thing about up north is everything I need is just as close as at home.  And I can ride my quads to town.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive been to Littleton NH. Stayed at the KOA on the edge of town. Met up with @Shifty and his wife there and had lunch at the old mill they turned into a brewery. 

Also had a flat tire on the motorhome repaired there. I forget the name of the tire shop but they did a great job and got me right in without an appointment. It may have helped that I was parked right in front of their big bay at 6am so they weren't getting to anyone else until they got to me. Hahahaha

cool little town. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ive been to Littleton NH. Stayed at the KOA on the edge of town. Met up with @Shifty and his wife there and had lunch at the old mill they turned into a brewery. 

Also had a flat tire on the motorhome repaired there. I forget the name of the tire shop but they did a great job and got me right in without an appointment. It may have helped that I was parked right in front of their big bay at 6am so they weren't getting to anyone else until they got to me. Hahahaha

cool little town. 

I always park in front of my mechanics door. Ans the customers car when doing a call.

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

cool little town. 

Yes, Littleton has done a great job of reviving the downtown area. It's a nice little New England town with lots of recreational opportunities nearby.