Basic lawn tractor recommendations????

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Bumpers on a mower ? How bad of a driver are you? 

It’s not a bumper!  It’s a bro muncher!  He’s got to line strips of Velcro on the sides of the hood for the ones that jump out of the way!!!

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Soon. This rain might make things fun ago. 

The rivers were running pretty good around here a week ago. I'm sure the creek boaters were out in force running things while they could.

22 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Bumpers on a mower ? How bad of a driver are you? 

Bad :3gears:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

The rivers were running pretty good around here a week ago. I'm sure the creek boaters were out in force running things while they could.

Bad :3gears:

We missed the flooding here. Had a decent spring but nothing epic.  They actually closed the Ottawa river to all boat traffic. The ban is still in effect now.  In my 30 years of boating that has never happened before. 

It is at record levels but I think they are being pussies. Marc Garneau is transport minister and was a fucking Astronaut.  He should be able to assess risk a little better than that. 

Right now it's pissing rain, our local runs rarely go off when it is warm so I'm hoping for some warm weather shenanigans tomorrow. 

• Like 1

OK, I've had a little time to play with the new mower and I'm very impressed. Compared to the older used riders that I've had this thing is like a Caddy. I love the foot pedal hydrostatic drive. So much easier to speed up and slow down compared to the old gear tranys that I've had. I was also amazed at how tight the turning radius is for such a big mower. That is a huge improvement over my older mowers. I think this mower will do everything I need and last me many years. 

Thanks for all of the input guys :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

OK, I've had a little time to play with the new mower and I'm very impressed. Compared to the older used riders that I've had this thing is like a Caddy. I love the foot pedal hydrostatic drive. So much easier to speed up and slow down compared to the old gear tranys that I've had. I was also amazed at how tight the turning radius is for such a big mower. That is a huge improvement over my older mowers. I think this mower will do everything I need and last me many years. 

Yeah...that foot pedal was a stroke of genius for sure.  Game changer.  Mine didn't come with a cup holder though so..that was a fail.  :lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...that foot pedal was a stroke of genius for sure.  Game changer.  Mine didn't come with a cup holder though so..that was a fail.  :lol: 

I just need to remember to engage the reverse mow option when I start it so I don't keep killing the motor :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just need to remember to engage the reverse mow option when I start it so I don't keep killing the motor :lol:

Yeah.  I remember there was a bit of a learning curve.   God damn I beat the hell out of mine.  I really didn't understand how bad off my acreage was i was trying to mow.  I needed a seat belt!

• Haha 1

Those riding mowers are fine but I mow 5.2 miles each time (52" deck) with many trees and gardens to work around. I just upgraded from a Gravely XL52 to a HD52. Large tires and a wide track make even my side hills a breeze. It was a lot of money but it saves me a bundle of weedwhacking time and stripes nicely . Worth every penny.

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ckf said:

My old poulan is hydrostatic but hand lever. I love it . Hydrostatic ftw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sael said:

Those riding mowers are fine but I mow 5.2 miles each time (52" deck) with many trees and gardens to work around. I just upgraded from a Gravely XL52 to a HD52. Large tires and a wide track make even my side hills a breeze. It was a lot of money but it saves me a bundle of weedwhacking time and stripes nicely . Worth every penny.

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

Gravely is owned by Ariens now..

2 hours ago, Sael said:

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

Now thats a proper mower.

• 3 weeks later...