U.S. Beer Industry Blames Trump Tariffs for 40,000 Job Losses

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The Trump tariff cowboys are lining up. 

no dip shit just the reality of the times . people have better options on every corner than caned piss water .

pop sales have been on a major decline for about 8  yrs . is that obomas fault or the fact that the coolers  are over stocked with more tasty options than just pop now days ? 

na must be obomas fault 

Edited by Ez ryder

I have seen the lowest prices for cases of beer in a couple of years here and scrap aluminum isn't fetching record high prices, yet we have articles like this for the minions.  Please, go do some research before you blindly believe the bullshit.

My god these guys are blind to everything except what the dem rags tell them.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Besides buying massive amounts for parties I can't remember the last time I even looked at the price of beer when buying it.

The irony is at the turn of the century a hundred years ago the big breweries like AB went around buying up all the local breweries to put them out of business. Now the small breweries are squeezing the big conglomerates for market share.

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The irony is at the turn of the century a hundred years ago the big breweries like AB went around buying up all the local breweries to put them out of business. Now the small breweries are squeezing the big conglomerates for market share.

ton of small breweries not doing all that well either right now.  too many players in a  shrinking market IMO little to do with any aluminum tarrifs.  

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ton of small breweries not doing all that well either right now.  too many players in a  shrinking market IMO little to do with any aluminum tarrifs.  

It's the millennials and their devil's lettuce.....beer and spirits are taking a hit.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Agreed.  Fact is, there are so many....SO FUCKING MANY great micro type breweries out there right now.  Damn good product that people are flocking to for their libations.

About the only brew I have in my fridge that is “big” is a few ales of Sam Adams.  Other than that, all great local stuff.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It really is amazing just how many great brewers there are these days.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, ford_428cj said:

Bottled beer for the win...

true who the fuck wants beer out of a can ? i never buy cans .

the cost really? 

the professionals I know are not stoping buying beer for a buck or 5  .

and guys like me who buy more for just having it around the house if you want one with a burger or a hot day and for guests could give 2 fucks less what it cost because it just makes zero diff .

I have bought way way more beer from a brewer in my town than Michelob in the last few yrs .why not keep it local and have some flavor to boot 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, Angry ginger said:

yep, every asshole who likes beer and convinced their dad to pop $400k started one. 

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

true who the fuck wants beer out of a can ? i never buy cans .

the cost really? 

the professionals I know are not stoping buying beer for a buck or 5  .

and guys like me who buy more for just having it around the house if you want one with a burger or a hot day and for guests could give 2 fucks less what it cost because it just makes zero diff .

I have bought way way more beer from a brewer in my town than Michelob in the last few yrs .why not keep it local and have some flavor to boot 

Cans do stay colder when on the water or somewhere where ya need a cooler.

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Cans do stay colder when on the water or somewhere where ya need a cooler.

Fact!  Back when I was a drinking machine, we’d ice down a few cases of bullets, miller lights, bud lites, etc. overnight before a day on the lake.  I mean, literally ice cold!  Not sure why bottles didn’t reach the same temp but, I’m not a metallurgist and the Holiday Inn Express didn’t have that class.

Just now, hayward said:

add wineries to that list too.

Yep, my sister lives on Long Island NY. When I go there I take the ferry to eastern LI. What was potato and duck farms yrs ago are now all vineyards with tasting tours. 

Although they say only 6% of the population drinks wine. 10% smoke weed.