***Official Firearms Thread***

• Gold Member

Well now that the cat is outta the bag....  Here is a taste of my collection.  Hard to see the 6 1911's in the holder on the shelf.  I think I am just a touch over 100.  This room was a plan of mine all along.  That door weighs just shy of 1000 pounds.  Every other surface is 10" thick concrete with rebar. 

Edited by poopooforme
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Well now that the cat is outta the bag....  Here is a taste of my collection.  Hard to see the 6 1911's in the holder on the shelf.  I think I am just a touch over 100.  This room was a plan of mine all along.  That door weighs just shy of 1000 pounds.  Every other surface is 10" thick concrete with rebar. IMG_20220328_213629378.thumb.jpg.aa018de75dde81f874bc88988c1520ea.jpgsaferoom1.thumb.jpg.32d592d380f892a83de5b51236fd345f.jpg

Holy shit you must have a pile of ammo too!!! 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

How much is a mint condition Savage Model 99 .308?  Its a 1961 vintage, and probably hasn't had more than 50 rounds fired its whole life?  I'm not a hunter, inherited from dad, and thinking I might want to unload it.  Great deer rifle I'm told.

My father in-law collects the Savage 99's. Nice guns.

• Like 1

BCA enhanced firing pin broke at 61 rds. Had approximately 5-6 light strikes in that time but no other issues. Shooting Steel case tulammo.  Not sure if it was just a bad pin or if theirs are junk. Disassembled and cleaned everything and all else looks good. I ordered 2 red x firing pins and hopefully those are good. BCA barrel actually looks good , everything is torqued properly on the upper and hopefully it will cycle for a while after I get new pin. 

• 2 weeks later...

This sightron scope is the nicest glass I’ve had ....granted I’ve never had a scope that was more than about $800. I just can’t believe the glass quality on a scope in this price range. Yesterday was first day we had some sunshine and I really got to spend some time sighting through it. It’s a no frills scope , no zero stops etc. I love the reticle also. Cant wait to shoot with it. I’m ordering two more tonight