SAT "adversity" score.

• Platinum Contributing Member

What will they think of next.  :lol:   I hate to disappoint these people but many kids that come from really tough neighborhoods have good parents that take interest in their education and many kids from middle and upper class families don't pay attention to them at all.  Really very racist to say that where a kid grew up automatically means they are disadvantaged.  Just wait if this is accepted it will filter down into regular school grading.  

https://slate.com/technology/2019/05/sat-adversity-score-college-board-algorithm-transparency.html

On a scale of 1 to 100, how much adversity have you faced? The College Board, the nonprofit that administers the SAT and other standardized tests, is rolling out an algorithm to evaluate that as part of a larger suite of scores it calls the Environmental Context Dashboard. The ECD is designed to provide admissions officers with information about where a student comes from—but students may be left guessing about how much adversity the College Board thinks they’ve faced.

According to the College Board, the ECD uses census data and includes metrics like the median family income and poverty rate in a student’s neighborhood and high school. All of that info is crunched into a single number between 1 and 100, with 50 as the average, presented as the student’s “overall disadvantage level” compared with peers nationwide. In addition to the overall number, the dashboard shows what percentile the student’s SAT score falls in at their high school, as well as the percentages of seniors taking AP classes and students eligible for free or reduced lunch at that school.

Oh...I think we are going to start seeing different grading curves based on something similar also.  That's fine.  I'll teach my daughter to play the game that is in place.  

But you are correct, this is clearly blatant racism cloaked as some form of "collectivism".  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh...I think we are going to start seeing different grading curves based on something similar also.  That's fine.  I'll teach my daughter to play the game that is in place.  

But you are correct, this is clearly blatant racism cloaked as some form of "collectivism".  

I can only imagine the hardships your offspring have endured.  She just needs to cry for help and tell them her dad supports Donald Trump.  Instant victim status.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I can only imagine the hardships your offspring have endured.  She just needs to cry for help and tell them her dad supports Donald Trump.  Instant victim status.  :lol:

:lol: That's about it too.  FULL SCHOLARSHIP!!!!

• USA Contributing Member

I can see it now, rich family buys a place in a less affluent neighborhood to use the address for extra points.  Can't pay the guy at Yale for a position on the tennis team so put the money into a low income house. 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

When equality feels like oppression, you're probably part of the oppressor group.

When you spend your day living in a fantasy world, life dont seem real.

2 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I can see it now, rich family buys a place in a less affluent neighborhood to use the address for extra points.  Can't pay the guy at Yale for a position on the tennis team so put the money into a low income house. 

Yeah that's plausible and a great reason to deny the less advantaged the same opportunities. 

Fuckin idiot.

50 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Extremely foolish. While some part of the admissions process should/could be hinged on something like that, incorporating a subjective measurement into a standardized test is beyond stupid. 

Indeed.

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

When equality feels like oppression, you're probably part of the oppressor group.

How does continuing to lower the bar and deciding who is accepted based on a highly subjective “adversity/diversity score” good for advancing knowledge and education for more intelligent, disciplined and hard working students?

Or, do we just leave them out of contention all together?  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Indeed.

How does continuing to lower the bar and deciding who is accepted based on a highly subjective “adversity/diversity score” good for advancing knowledge and education for more intelligent, disciplined and hard working students?

Or, do we just leave them out of contention all together?  

You're assuming that's what would happen, and that's the intent.

Which makes you another dumbfuck just like the other dipshit.

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, how many seats are there?

Nice non-answer too btw.

Kids that find their way out of severely disadvantaged areas typically have exceptional IQ’s. Ben Carlson is an excellent example. Yet that stuck up piece of shit uses his status to try and prove anyone can make it given the same denominator. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Kids that find their way out of severely disadvantaged areas typically have exceptional IQ’s. Ben Carlson is an excellent example. Yet that stuck up piece of shit uses his status to try and prove anyone can make it given the same denominator. 

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Nah, let's abort them first.

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Larry Elison also came from meager beginings.

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

shut tbe fuck up . you ever live in a ghetto ? ever go to school in the hood ? ever hang out with other hood rats ? do you know any of there mom's or dad's?  yeah did not think so so what the fuck do you know about any of it ? 

the whole thing is racist beond comprehension .

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

you are assuming because some one comes from the hood they are not smart enough to do well on the act .

bull shit . I would say a lot of the kids in the hood are driven to get the fuck out and never go back and never have there kids have to experience it .

I know this from 1st hand experience 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Nah, let's abort them first.

60783854_10100678969142551_7246552878616150016_n.thumb.jpg.45130b880236ade796fffa598f9eb1b5.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

you are assuming because some one comes from the hood they are not smart enough to do well on the act .

bull shit . I would say a lot of the kids in the hood are driven to get the fuck out and never go back and never have there kids have to experience it .

I know this from 1st hand experience 

Cool story bro