f7ben....back in the saddle!!111

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was making a point and as you see I deleted it....how come you aren't freaking out about your womenfolk seeing the picture Momo posted? 

I made my comment that i didnt like it. Then u saw fit to post it again.  And no didnt see that you deleted it, im traveling with my wife today and really didnt want to have to explain what was on my screen, so its not like im gonna be scrolling backwards..... Should i whip my iPad against the wall?  What exactly would make you happy?  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was making a point and as you see I deleted it....how come you aren't freaking out about your womenfolk seeing the picture Momo posted? 

Apples and oranges.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I made my comment that i didnt like it. Then u saw fit to post it again.  Should i whip my iPad against the wall?  What exactly would make you happy?  :lol: 

You and Moe went on and on until Joelle deleted it...you know...like you badgered and cried to Rob back in the day..... :haha:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

You and Moe went on and on until Joelle deleted it...you know...like you badgered and cried to Rob back in the day.....

Whatever you say ya angry disgruntled fuck stick.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

:lol:   

Sorry we saw fit to wreck yer thread , Ben........... even tho you are loving every bit of it :lol:  

You might not believe it....but I pulled the strings that got this thread here lol

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

did you get a spare tranny with is as well,  that seems to be as much of an issue as the rod bearing and vanos pump

The tranny issues in the E60 typically aren’t the catastrophic type. When it starts throwing codes and producing hard shifts it’s typically the metronic sleeves, gummy valve body, and dirty fluid/filter. All stuff that can be fixed without transmission removal. About $5-600 do it yourself. Maybe a bit more depending on parts cost. BMW parts go up and down in price. 

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The tranny issues in the E60 typically aren’t the catastrophic type. When it starts throwing codes and producing hard shifts it’s typically the metronic sleeves, gummy valve body, and dirty fluid/filter. All stuff that can be fixed without transmission removal. About $5-600 do it yourself. Maybe a bit more depending on parts cost. BMW parts go up and down in price. 

This is an smg....the pump and clutch are usually the culprit. Clutch replacement can be spendy if you need a full rebuild with flywheel. Upwards of 2k just in parts

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is an smg....the pump and clutch are usually the culprit. Clutch replacement can be spendy if you need a full rebuild with flywheel. Upwards of 2k just in parts

Ouch. Those can be costly. You’ve researched the rod bearing issue? Too tight journal to rod clearance and tight side clearance. Couple that with the 10w60 spec oil and it’s a time bomb. The particles from the wearing bearings also take out the vanos. Fix that stuff and it’s a 400,000 mile motor the way it’s built. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ouch. Those can be costly. You’ve researched the rod bearing issue? Too tight journal to rod clearance and tight side clearance. Couple that with the 10w60 spec oil and it’s a time bomb. The particles from the wearing bearings also take out the vanos. Fix that stuff and it’s a 400,000 mile motor the way it’s built. 

Yup....about to dump the oil and go to 0-40 mobil... it needs control arms and I'll do plugs and check compression then.

Runs great , is in really good shape and everything functions the way it should.

Car is very quick and I was shocked how composed it is even in 1st and 2nd gear. Very little tire spin

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'll get them done before i put too many miles on

OMG!! You fukkin homo!!! You got " OWNED, TO THE MAXIMUM MAX " by Mow Mow!!! LMMFAO!!! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice car Ben. You can definitely have fun with that. Im not familiar with the SMG transmission. Is it a semi auto or something?

It's an electronically actuated clutch basically. It behaves just like a clutch only there is no pedal. You shift with the paddles or shifter. It will idle in 1st gear though so not 100% like a clutch. 

I've driven it about 120 miles now and I'm pretty used to it. I would still trade it for a manual mostly for reliability but it's fun to drive and shifts are very quick.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's an electronically actuated clutch basically. It behaves just like a clutch only there is no pedal. You shift with the paddles or shifter. It will idle in 1st gear though so not 100% like a clutch. 

I've driven it about 120 miles now and I'm pretty used to it. I would still trade it for a manual mostly for reliability but it's fun to drive and shifts are very quick.

Sounds similar to the GTR transmission. Pretty fun actually.