What would you do?????

Here is the story,  here is the argument. 

Me:   I would shoot him in head

Wife/son;   He could still stab her,  you could miss, you hit someone else.

Me:  ok,  guy has knife to our granddaughters throat, what do you do? 

Wife /son :  no answer.

so my question “ what would you do?  

If you were happening by this situation would you have the balls to get involved? You don’t know any of these people and you have seconds to react,  would you able to shoot this guy? 

9C17F41F-65D7-4226-80A5-DE2820B7E5DA.jpeg

Well, I don’t carry so, I’d have to figure something out but, this ain’t turning out anything like he imagined.  

If I was armed?  Head canoe....without hesitation or even a plea for him to “act right”.  

In either case, I’m gone before his body stops twitching.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I don’t carry so, I’d have to figure something out but, this ain’t turning out anything like he imagined.  

If I was armed?  Head canoe....without hesitation or even a plea for him to “act right”.  

:lol: you'd cry and pee a little and beg and then blow your rape whistle 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not making it into a carry issue.

I honestly want to know what people would do.  You literally have seconds to access the situation and react.  I think 99% of people would freeze.  Remember you don’t what the relationship is here.  If you are misreading what is happening, you could be in real trouble or you could be standing by watching a child get killed. 

Just now, Cold War said:

Not making it into a carry issue.

I honestly want to know what people would do.  You literally have seconds to access the situation and react.  I think 99% of people would freeze.  Remember you don’t what the relationship is here.  If you are misreading what is happening, you could be in real trouble or you could be standing by watching a child get killed. 

I don’t know about the “seconds to access/eact” part.  If he hasn’t slit her throat already, he’s still negotiating for something.  If his plan is to try and kill her, that’s going to be done no matter what happens.  Reality is there’s time to try to diffuse the situation and then do what needs to be done.

All this assuming I’m not armed.  Otherwise, the head canoe thing.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know about the “seconds to access/eact” part.  If he hasn’t slit her throat already, he’s still negotiating for something.  If his plan is to try and kill her, that’s going to be done no matter what happens.  Reality is there’s time to try to diffuse the situation and then do what needs to be done.

All this assuming I’m not armed.  Otherwise, the head canoe thing.

What if you do step in and it goes wrong.  You could very well be blamed for causing the girls death.  So is the correct action to do nothing?    

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

T Box him. Walk up after and canoe him. No muscle contraction when you T Box someone. Superficial cut at best when he collapses. Problem solved. Also, gives me the opportunity to post this excellent meme. 

2DF7CB7B-49CF-4370-B4F2-09ABF0983B81.jpeg.f7b0f77a2800a584844c6f22b3855699.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What if you do step in and it goes wrong.  You could very well be blamed for causing the girls death.  So is the correct action to do nothing?    

No matter what happens, in this judicial system, whoever helps will be blamed one way or another.  The correct answer for our weak society now is to “run, hide, tell”.

It’s really more complicated of a scenario to give an easy answer.  The big question is, whoever helps has to decide whether or not this creep fully intends to harm the girl.    If that decision is made, anything is better than nothing.  But like I said, I’m gone as soon as he is “non-repairable”.  I’m not going to explain myself to a system hell bent to get revenge for the “victim”....which is what he’ll be made out to be.

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

T Box him. Walk up after and canoe him. No muscle contraction when you T Box someone. Superficial cut at best when he collapses. Problem solved. Also, gives me the opportunity to post this excellent meme. 

2DF7CB7B-49CF-4370-B4F2-09ABF0983B81.jpeg.f7b0f77a2800a584844c6f22b3855699.jpeg

Yeah, people watch too many movies.  A shot through the bridge of the nose will drop a person like a limp bag of meat.  There’s no contractions, no scream, no tumbling and falling over the railing, there is no last second of mindful reaction.  It’s a meat sack slumping to the ground immediately once the brains are pushed out the back of the skull.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No matter what happens, in this judicial system, whoever helps will be blamed one way or another.  The correct answer for our weak society now is to “run, hide, tell”.

It’s really more complicated of a scenario to give an easy answer.  The big question is, whoever helps has to decide whether or not this creep fully intends to harm the girl.    If that decision is made, anything is better than nothing.  But like I said, I’m gone as soon as he is “non-repairable”.  I’m not going to explain myself to a system hell bent to get revenge for the “victim”....which is what he’ll be made out to be.

👍.  Thank you.  I believe doing something is better than doing  nothing.  I could not live with myself knowing I stood by and did nothing. While this girl had her neck slashed.  I think this is a far better moral  decision than what Neal posted.

Just now, Cold War said:

👍.  Thank you.  I believe doing something is better than doing  nothing.  I could not live with myself knowing I stood by and did nothing. While this girl had her neck slashed.  I think this is a far better moral  decision question  than what Neal posted.

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

👍.  Thank you.  I believe doing something is better than doing  nothing.  I could not live with myself knowing I stood by and did nothing. While this girl had her neck slashed.  I think this is a far better moral  decision than what Neal posted.

Well, to be honest, instincts are going to make the decision for most.  Everybody’s heard of “fight or flight” but there’s another that usually has poor consequences: “freeze”. Most are trying to grasp the situation and do long division with the alphabet and Roman numerals.  In that time, others decide the future.  It is what it is.  It’s called “seeing the elephant”. If one is seeing it for the first time, well, it’s hard to explain.  

Everyone likes to say what they would do but have any of you had a gun or a knife pulled on you? Because until you have you don't know what you would do. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Everyone likes to say what they would do but have any of you had a gun or a knife pulled on you? Because until you have you don't know what you would do. 

Few yrs back a kid that worked for me was shocked that I had never been robbed. He was like " wtf , Im 21 Ive been robbed 3 times, your twice my age and never been robbed"

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was a victim of home invasion robbery about 20 years ago

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I was a victim of home invasion robbery about 20 years ago

Whats the story?

Armed men kicked down your door?   O.o

2 hours ago, Anler said:

X2.  The little girls safety is priority number 1.  Once shenis secure , all bets are off, butnyou better think carefully before tussling with someone holding a big knife.

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Whats the story?

Armed men kicked down your door?   O.o

Correct, armed guys/kids, was just hanging out with my girlfriend at the time having dinner watching the movie Congo. I believe the robbed the wrong house, and actually meant to rob the house next door. They were looking for drugs and cash, which we had none of.. They got us for a cell phone and $10.. SMH..Still have the news article, well part of it.. I was the first paragraph in the article

IMG_20190507_083430274.jpg

Edited by Rigid1

I was working for my friends brother at his antique store when I was in HS. Guy came in one day and put a gun in my face and wanted all the money. The cash register was empty and I had 1 dollar in my wallet. I asked him if he wanted the dollar and he got pissed and walked away! :lol: 

There was a loaded gun in the drawer, but didn’t think it was right to shoot him in the back, so I just called the police. They never found the guy.