Electric Car-Owners Shocked: New Study Confirms EVs Considerably Worse For Climate Than Diesel Cars

4 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

Yea, I hear ya!  Couple of years ago my wife's Cadillac SRX had a clamp take a shit on the heater hose.  They gave us a loaner until it was repaired - a 2.0 liter turbo CTS.  I was really liking the sweet roar it was making - really sounded like a performance car.  I had the windows down zipping through town and noticed all the sweet sound was coming from the speakers in the car!!  :lol:

:lol:

Probably the future.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

There is a diffference (though it doesnt matter to many) between major networks and these fake news tabloids. CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC they have to live and die by their reports. If they report something "fake" or from an unreliable source they can get crucified. Those other jibber jabber sites not so much. Most people with a brain dont give them much credibility. Thats why you dont see those big networks running with alot of those bullshit stories. :thumbsup:

no they don't they even quit redacting for the most part .

• Gold Member

My plug in hybrid vehicle is getting delivered to the house next week or the week after.  My next new pickup I’m sure will be a plug in hybrid if I ever decide to get a new pickup....  but really thinking I would be better off with a classic pickup, as much as I drive my own vehicles, for my Home Depot trips and trips to the nursery for compost and stuff like that.

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’ve hit rock bottom. 

why because he posted a link to a site that posted findings and a link  from a study done by the university of  cologne? so what the one of the largest universitys in Germany 48k students is also a scam to you now if you don't like what there study finds ? 

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why because he posted a link to a site that posted findings and a link  from a study done by the university of  cologne? so what the one of the largest universitys in Germany 48k students is also a scam to you now if you don't like what there study finds ? 

Diesel and gasoline produce approximately the same amount of co2 per gallon when burned. The difference is that diesels are 20% more efficient. Thus, they produce 20% less co2. The study indicates electric vehicle produce 11-28% more co2 than diesels. That’s quite a margin. I’m curious why the study didn’t compare the electric vehicle to a gas? I’m also curious where the wide discrepancy of 11-28% comes from. The entire article is suspect.  

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Diesel and gasoline produce approximately the same amount of co2 per gallon when burned. The difference is that diesels are 20% more efficient. Thus, they produce 20% less co2. The study indicates electric vehicle produce 11-28% more co2 than diesels. That’s quite a margin. I’m curious why the study didn’t compare the electric vehicle to a gas? I’m also curious where the wide discrepancy of 11-28% comes from. The entire article is suspect.  

Likeky because diesel cars are much more popular there then here 

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not true. Diesel car sales in Europe have been plunging. There’s talk of banning their sale. 

Only because there are little muslims hiding in them! The fake liberal news doesnt tell you that tho!

• Haha 1