Summertime snowmobile

Last fall I picked up a Honda CB500X to ride locally and up north on backroads, and while I couldn't really ride it with the shoulder healing last fall this spring I was riding it, and that's when I found out my wife wouldn't get on the back for all the tea in China.

So I knew she would get on this as she liked an RT we test rode a few years back, and I'm telling you this thing is hoot to ride! Although I do get confused between the brain thinking bike then sled.....no clutch handle (bike) no brake handle (sled), and sometimes I go for a thumb squeeze instead of twisting the throttle.

F31.JPEG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Nice. My wife's told me she's never getting on the back of any mc I buy.  Selling my vstrom and looking for something different when I get back from vacation 

Take her to BuRP dealer and go for a test ride, she'll like it. I picked it up last Saturday and then it snowed on Sunday, and the weather has been shitty except for Wednesday, tomorrow is going to be nice but we have many baskets to bring to the Easter brunch...........🤐

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cool ride Vince. Those things are the perfect cruiser for 2 people. My wife isnt real interested. She wants a cheap convertible in stead.  

Have you ever got her on one?  If you haven't she might like it :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Real nice Vince we Just looked at a White one.

Big difference between a F3 and a RT, the F3 with the lower CG is like a slot car and it rides great with the Sachs air ride shock in the back.

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Nice. My wife's told me she's never getting on the back of any mc I buy.  Selling my vstrom and looking for something different when I get back from vacation 

Where are you at?

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Take her to BuRP dealer and go for a test ride, she'll like it. I picked it up last Saturday and then it snowed on Sunday, and the weather has been shitty except for Wednesday, tomorrow is going to be nice but we have many baskets to bring to the Easter brunch...........🤐

We did a test ride last fall. The problem is like sleds she might want her own.

the one in the pic is a 2012, 14,000 miles $10,000.00

Long saddlebag trips should be great even driving in the rain would feel safer on 3 wheels instead of 2

Edited by Mainecat

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Last fall I picked up a Honda CB500X to ride locally and up north on backroads, and while I couldn't really ride it with the shoulder healing last fall this spring I was riding it, and that's when I found out my wife wouldn't get on the back for all the tea in China.

So I knew she would get on this as she liked an RT we test rode a few years back, and I'm telling you this thing is hoot to ride! Although I do get confused between the brain thinking bike then sled.....no clutch handle (bike) no brake handle (sled), and sometimes I go for a thumb squeeze instead of twisting the throttle.

F31.JPEG

You know those are really starting to grow on me.  Can't see the wife on the back of one though, but can definately see her riding shotgun in this.  I would be cool in either.

Image result for polaris slingshot

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Vacationing in NH ? 

Thought you meant normally. I'm in Florida. Daughter toured Flagler college yesterday in at Augustine. We spent the day there and are now in Daytona Beach which has gone from being rough to high end since I was here last. Beaching it tomorrow then maybe universal on Monday if that's what she decides on. Low key stress less with no plan or hotels booked till we left. I am in a room now I booked from the parking lot to get the hotel.com night credit . It would drive rocket nuts. 

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Thought you meant normally. I'm in Florida. Daughter toured Flagler college yesterday in at Augustine. We spent the day there and are now in Daytona Beach which has gone from being rough to high end since I was here last. Beaching it tomorrow then maybe universal on Monday if that's what she decides on. Low key stress less with no plan or hotels booked till we left. I am in a room now I booked from the parking lot to get the hotel.com night credit . It would drive rocket nuts. 

This the place ???    :bc: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Did you did the distillery or chocolate factory tour while you were in St. Augustine?  We did a lot of those tours while we were there. The distillery and chocolate factory tour were my two favorites. Especially the distillery, cause my wife was giving me her free samples. I had a hell off a nice buzz going when we left :lol: :lmao:

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We did a test ride last fall. The problem is like sleds she might want her own.

the one in the pic is a 2012, 14,000 miles $10,000.00

Long saddlebag trips should be great even driving in the rain would feel safer on 3 wheels instead of 2

so get her the new cheep one with the spark motor in it . they actualy look pretty cool 

11 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Did you did the distillery or chocolate factory tour while you were in St. Augustine?  We did a lot of those tours while we were there. The distillery and chocolate factory tour were my two favorites. Especially the distillery, cause my wife was giving me her free samples. I had a hell off a nice buzz going when we left :lol: :lmao:

We were going to do the chocolate tour but spent a lot of time down time.  Just the daughter and I so did not go to the distillery. Awesome day here in Daytona think we will stay another night then drive to Orlando tomorrow and stay by the airport. Early flight out Tuesday 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

We were going to do the chocolate tour but spent a lot of time down time.  Just the daughter and I so did not go to the distillery. Awesome day here in Daytona think we will stay another night then drive to Orlando tomorrow and stay by the airport. Early flight out Tuesday 

You would have enjoyed both. Next time you're there, definitely make an effort to :thumbsup: 

:lol: yea, my son wasn't to happy that he had to go do the distillery tour but couldn't sample yet.  Same with the Yuengling and Sam Adam's tours a couple of years ago :lmao:

19 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You know those are really starting to grow on me.  Can't see the wife on the back of one though, but can definately see her riding shotgun in this.  I would be cool in either.

Image result for polaris slingshot

I put 170 miles on a Slingshot last September in the area of the Northern Kettle Moraine between Kewaskum and Elkhart Lake, lot of hills and curves...it's when coming up to the crest of hills with a driveway when you really realize how close to the ground you are. The Slingshot is a blast to drive, lots of snort.