Arrogance of liberal "news" talk show hosts

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao: The epitome of NE elitist liberal snobs.   What a "pat himself on the back" douchebag.  

Ex-MSNBC host Keith Olbermann trashes former colleagues Rachel Maddow, Steve Kornacki

Former MSNBC star Keith Olbermann went after his old colleagues Rachel Maddow and Steve Kornacki, saying he feels they are ungrateful for how he aided their careers.

The outspoken liberal shared insight on walking away from his reported $30 million contract from MSNBC in 2011, as well as his resentment towards those he mentored before his departure, on a BBC Podcast series titled "Texting Keith Olbermann."

Olbermann accused Maddow of being “mad” at him for leaving the network before she could exceed his ratings. As The Daily Beast reported, Maddow’s ratings eventually surpassed those of Olbermann's show.

“The bottom line for me is I contributed to their success and I was correct in my assessment. If I have any animosity toward it, it is that many of them have washed me out of their past in order to make it look like I did not have any influence in getting them to where they are,” Olbermann told BBC’s Ros Atkins.

“If you acknowledge the degree to which you are beholden to others, you are somehow seen as weak. The Rachel Maddow story was that after I left, she was mad at me for leaving because it meant that she could not pass me in the ratings at MSNBC and prove better than her mentor.”

Maddow has previously credited Olbermann for helping her career. "I wouldn’t have this show without Keith directly nudging the network to give me a try," she said on her show after Olbermann's departure from the network.

In the BBC interview, Olbermann then turned his attention to Kornacki, the national political correspondent for MSNBC and NBC News, for being “one of the least grateful people” he ever worked with.

“He’s one of the least grateful people. I started him in television. He was my backup guy at Current TV. He’d never done any TV and I was sort of bringing him along,” Olbermann said. “And while he was doing that, he was negotiating with MSNBC. And now he has a show there.

“What kind of gratitude were you expecting?” Atkins asked.

“Well, let me find out that maybe you’re thinking of not working for me any more rather than letting me read a press release from MSNBC that explains that you’ve been hired, rather than you’re not coming in to be on the show that night. That’s how he did that,” Olbermann responded

3 hours ago, hwytohell said:

keith  was great in his early days at espn. Now  he is unwatchable , and so is espn.

Yep...he and Dan Patrick were great together and I definitely agree about ESPN 100%

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Now Keith is embraced by the Trumpers......what the fuck is next?

Really? You think he was embraced in this thread? Did you shit your pants again?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Embraced?  :lmao:

On 4/19/2019 at 10:38 AM, Anler said:

Keith is the epitome of angry liberal

14 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

I watched his show now and then and hoped that I would see the first human head explode not by reason of a firearm or some sort of projectile. Sadly, it never happened. Sigh....

12 hours ago, Kivalo said:

hes a shithead

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

He has a very punchable face, ideally with his glasses still on.

5 hours ago, snoughnut said:

That's pretty much the truth for most liberals. :lol:

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

For the love of god somebody get ahold of MC's caretaker....the old SOB has spit the bit!!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Poor MC, caught posting without reading.  :lol:

not his fault really the pussy has just about every one wbo disagres with him on ignore . you know liberal cunt 101 if it makes you to sad pretend it is not there